Nothing says summer like a scoop of delicious, refreshing ice cream! So today we are going to make a super cute ice cream craft that looks almost good enough to eat. You will love that this summer craft includes two kid-favorite techniques in this ice cream craft for preschoolers! Start by making a bubble wrap print to make the cone. Then whip up a batch of our puffy paint ice cream to personalize with your favorite flavor of icecream! This puffy paint craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too!
Ice Cream Craft
There so many fun ice cream crafts you can make with your kids this summertime. From paper plate to tissue paper, edible ice cream playdough to ice cream hand art and more – there are lots of cute ice cream crafts for preschoolers! This puffy paint ice cream project is sure to be a hit with your toddlers, preschoolers kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. You can personalize the bubble wrap craft to make your favorite type of cone and flavor of ice cream too. So let’s make some memories with a fun summer craft for kids!
puffy paint ice cream craft
Kids will have fun making their own flavor with this ice cream puffy paint recipe. All you need to make this fun ice cream craft for kids are a few simple materials including:
- bubble wrap (leftover from your latest Amazon delivery works great)
- brown paint
- construction paper – tan for cone and other color of your choice for background
- white elmers glue
- white shaving cream
- food coloring
- sprinkles (optional)
puffy paint ice cream
The first part of this Bubble wrap art project is to make the ice cream cone out of bubble wrap. To do this, you will dip sheet of bubble wrap in brown paint.
ice cream craft preschool
Press on tan paper. Allow the paint to dry and then cut out a cone shape.
ice cream painting
You can make it a triangle on the bottom like a waffle cone or sugar cone or flat at the bottom if you prefer to make a cake cone for your ice cream project.
ice cream crafts
Glue the ice cream cone or cones to a piece of paper. This can be white or any color of construction paper you like.
Puffy Paint Craft
Now it’s time to make some non-edible ice cream paint! To make this ice cream puffypaint you will start by mixing equal parts of glue and white shaving cream. Add in food coloring or paint to get the color that represents your flavor (strawberry, chocolate, mint chip, etc) and make scoops of ice cream on top of cone.
bubble wrap crafts
Scoop and smoothe the puffy paint on top of each cone to make a scoop, or double scoop of ice cream! Add some sprinkles if you like. Make your cone or cones different flavors with this simple recipe that can be scaled for one scoop or a whole classroom.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Looking for more summer crafts for kids? You will love these cute summer crafts for preschoolers!
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Spring Umbrella Counting Crafts for Preschoolers
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bunny Craft for Preschoolers
- Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Cute Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Cute Grass Head Spring activity for preschoolers
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science