Nothing says summer like a scoop of delicious, refreshing ice cream! So today we are going to make a super cute ice cream craft that looks almost good enough to eat. You will love that this summer craft includes two kid-favorite techniques in this ice cream craft for preschoolers! Start by making a bubble wrap print to make the cone. Then whip up a batch of our puffy paint ice cream to personalize with your favorite flavor of icecream! This puffy paint craft is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too!
Ice Cream Craft
There so many fun ice cream crafts you can make with your kids this summertime. From paper plate to tissue paper, edible ice cream playdough to ice cream hand art and more – there are lots of cute ice cream crafts for preschoolers! This puffy paint ice cream project is sure to be a hit with your toddlers, preschoolers kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students. You can personalize the bubble wrap craft to make your favorite type of cone and flavor of ice cream too. So let’s make some memories with a fun summer craft for kids!
Puffy Paint Ice Cream
Kids will have fun making their own flavor with this ice cream puffy paint recipe. All you need to make this fun ice cream craft for kids are a few simple materials including:
- bubble wrap (leftover from your latest Amazon delivery works great)
- brown paint
- construction paper – tan for cone and other color of your choice for background
- white elmers glue
- white shaving cream
- food coloring
- sprinkles (optional)
Bubble wrap craft
The first part of this Bubble wrap art project is to make the ice cream cone out of bubble wrap. To do this, you will dip sheet of bubble wrap in brown paint.
Press on tan paper. Allow the paint to dry and then cut out a cone shape.
You can make it a triangle on the bottom like a waffle cone or sugar cone or flat at the bottom if you prefer to make a cake cone for your ice cream project.
Glue the ice cream cone or cones to a piece of paper. This can be white or any color of construction paper you like.
Puffy Paint Craft
Now it’s time to make some non-edible ice cream paint! To make this ice cream puffypaint you will start by mixing equal parts of glue and white shaving cream. Add in food coloring or paint to get the color that represents your flavor (strawberry, chocolate, mint chip, etc) and make scoops of ice cream on top of cone.
Ice cream crafts for preschoolers
Scoop and smoothe the puffy paint on top of each cone to make a scoop, or double scoop of ice cream! Add some sprinkles if you like. Make your cone or cones different flavors with this simple recipe that can be scaled for one scoop or a whole classroom.
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Summer Ice Cream Craft for Preschoolers
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
Ice Cream Activities
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Looking for more summer crafts for kids? You will love these cute summer crafts for preschoolers!
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Spring Umbrella Counting Crafts for Preschoolers
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bunny Craft for Preschoolers
- Dandelion Craft for Preschoolers
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY Stained Glass Pasta Art for Kids
- Cute Pasta Butterfly Craft
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
- 10+ Pasta Flower Crafts for Kids
- Beautiful Painted Flower Craft Preschool
- Delphinium Egg Carton Flowers Craft for Kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Cute Grass Head Spring activity for preschoolers
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
- Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science