Help your child get in a good habit of brushing their teeth with this free printable Teeth Brushing Chart! The super cute clipart is sure to make it fun to brush teeth every morning and night!
Your teeth are very important to your daily life and, unlike sharks, you won’t keep growing more and more teeth if yours come out! Babies’ teeth begin to develop before they are born, but in most cases don’t come through until they’re between 6 and 12 months old. At this point, you should begin brushing their teeth with a soft baby tooth brush to help kids get use to the sensation and protect those pearly whites. Most children have a full set of 20 baby teeth by the time they’re 3 years old. By Kindergarten, these first teeth will start to fall out, making way for larger adult teeth.
Teeth are very important in our everyday life. We use our teeth for cutting and chewing our food – they begin the digestive process. Teeth are also used to help with our speech. Each tooth is made up of four different types of tissue: pulp, dentin, enamel, and cementum. The pulp is the innermost portion of the tooth and consists of connective tissue , nerves, and blood vessels, which nourish the tooth. It is important to keep the tooth clean and free of build-up to keep teeth strong.
These super cute, and free printable teeth brushing charts are a handy tool to help kids remember to brush their teeth every day! It is so very important to teach children to take good care of their teeth so they don’t get cavities, begin to rot, decay, or fall out!
Teeth Brushing Chart
Whether you are a parent to a toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, first grade child, or are a teachers – you will love these handy brushing teeth printable charts to remind students to take care of their teeth.
Tooth Brushing Reward Chart
Young children can color the super cute clipart of the sun (for am brushing), moon (for brushing teeth before bed), toothpaste, toothbrush, and floss with crayons, markers, or colored pencils to personalize their free charts for kids.
You can tape the reminder on a bathroom mirror or lay it on the bathroom vanity. After toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students finish brushing, they can mark a tooth in the am or pm column with a check, x or color in the tooth.
Printable Teeth Brushing Chart
Remember you can make it extra fun by letting them pick out their own colored toothbrush at the store. Don’t forget to replace it every 6 months or after they have been sick to keep it sanitary. They can even pick their own flavor of toothpaste!
Another fun idea is after they’ve finished a week of taking care of their teeth you can give them a sticker, small prize from a prize box, or a coupon for staying up late. This is a fun way to motivate kids.
Dental Printables for Kids
If you are looking for more fun teeth themed activities for dental health month in February or any other time you want to sneak in some tooth fairy activities, check out these resources:
- Dental Health Letter Tracing
- Tooth Fairy Letter and Notes Printables
- Free printable Teeth Brushing Chart
- Teeth Tracing Numbers & Counting Mats
- D is for Dentist printable pack for learning the letter d
- FUN Dental Health Month Crafts for February
- Tooth Fairy Worksheets for Kids
- Dental Printables – My Teeth Reader (color, read, and learn)
- Monster Teeth Counting Playdough Mats – Dental Activity
- Dental Health Coloring Pages – taking care of your teeth and design your own tooth character
- Lots of fun ideas in this Dentist Preschool Theme
- Sliding Brushing Teeth Visual Sequence Dental Printables
- Playdough Flossing Activity – Dental Health Activities for Preschoolers
- Fun and easy to make Tooth Craft with free printable tooth and toothbrush template
Free Teeth Brushing Chart
Before you download your Watermelon Counting Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.