Playdough Flossing Activity – Dental Health Activities for Preschoolers
Flossing is something that some people do and some people don’t. Either way, it is recommended by dentists everywhere. Teaching children not only about it but how to properly do it is important. This outrageously fun Playdough Flossing Activity will not only teach both of those aspects, but will help children understand how it works. Use an ice cube tray, playdough, and string to demonstarte to kids how to properly floss and why it’s important. Use this Dental Activities for Preschoolers with preschool, pre-k, toddler, kindergarten, and first grade students as part of a dental health month theme in February.
Sneak in some fun dental activities to help toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students learn abou their teeth and how to take care of them too. This flossing activity is perfect for Febraury as part of a dental health theme or a dentist theme in your classroom or learning at home. Not only will this help children understand all about flossing, but the motion of flossing with the pipe cleaner will help strengthen their hand and finger muscles that need to be strong for skills such as handwriting, tying shoes and more.
Dental Activities for Preschoolers
To try this fun dental activity you will need a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- Plastic Ice Cube Tray
- Play dough, your choice of color
- Pipe Cleaner, your color choice
This dental activities for preschoolers is super simple to set up and something that you can most likely explain to your kids and let them explore.
To prep this dental health activities for elementary students, turn the ice cube tray upside down. Create balls from the playdough, or just take quarter size chunks, and place them between to of the ice cube humps. Fill as many as you would like.
Children will then grab the pipe cleaner with both hands and using a sawing motion, they will clean the playdough from between the ice cube humps. This is exactly how flossing works for our teeth.
Dental health activities for kindergarten
Children can race to see who can clean the teeth first or time them to see if they can do it correctly but faster the second or third time.
This dental health month activities is also an activity that you could leave out during Dental Health week so they can play whenever they want.
Dental Printables for Kids
If you are looking for more fun teeth themed activities for dental health month in February or any other time you want to sneak in some tooth fairy activities, check out these resources:
- Dental Health Letter Tracing
- Free printable Teeth Brushing Chart
- Tooth Fairy Letter and Notes Printables
- Teeth Tracing Numbers & Counting Mats
- D is for Dentist printable pack for learning the letter d
- FUN Dental Health Month Crafts for February
- Tooth Fairy Worksheets for Kids
- Dental Printables – My Teeth Reader (color, read, and learn)
- Monster Teeth Counting Playdough Mats – Dental Activity
- Dental Health Coloring Pages – taking care of your teeth and design your own tooth character
- Lots of fun ideas in this Dentist Preschool Theme
- Sliding Brushing Teeth Visual Sequence Dental Printables
- Playdough Flossing Activity – Dental Health Activities for Preschoolers
- Fun and easy to make Tooth Craft with free printable tooth and toothbrush template