Easter and Spring is around the corner! Time for fun learning, just like this Easter number mats! Use with play dough, dry erase markers, play or real Easter eggs to practice number recognition, counting and even simple sums!
Number MatsCounting mats are such a versatile learning tool! These playdough mats can be used with a multi sensory approach to make learning not only fun, but great for hands on learning while strengthing ahnd muscles. We like to use one of our favorite play dough recipes like Edible Peeps Playdough, Amazing Kool Aid Playdough Recipe, or our 2 ingredient soft Play doh Recipe. with these playdoh mats. They can also be used with mini manipulatives like Easter themed mini erasers (eggs, carrots) or jelly beans, peeps, or dry erase markers. We have tons of other fun, creative, and FREE preschool math resources for your pre k student.
Easter Activities for PreschoolersThis educational spring activity for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students is a great math activity. We love making learning FUN! You can either use the mats by providing play dough (or slime) and use as a play dough activity- perfect for the Maths or Play dough centre. The child recognise the number and forms that number of “play dough” eggs to place in the basket. The number can also be formed with play dough- practising number formation.
- Start with some eggs and have children tell you how many eggs are missing to make the featured number
- Have students practice counting on from the number of easter eggs you put in the baskets to the number on the top of the worksheet
- Use two number mats at the same time to make up a sum (addition). Fill in the eggs, write the sum and count all of the eggs to get the answer to write down.
- Subtraction – use one card and fill in the eggs. Use a die to determine how much to subtract and then simply erase that number of eggs to get the total.
Playdough MatsCheck out all our free play doh mats to practice a variety or math, alphabet, lieteracy, and early learning topics Young children often need hands-on activities like this to visualise concepts and develop number sense, comparing numbers etc.(the number 1 basket and the number 10 basket will look quite different when filled in). It also makes learning interactive and so much more fun! I am sure your kindys or preschoolers will enjoy these Easter number mats and all the ways they could learn in a fun way! Download your free copy today!
FREE Easter PrintablesLooking for more easter printables to help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills? We have worksheets, games and activities to help kids practice.
- Easter Alphabet Mats
- Printable Easter Tracing Sheets
- Easter Worksheets for Kids
- Cross Easter Craft
- Easter Bingo Printable
- Tracing Letters with Easter Eggs
- Easter Color by Letter
- Color by Easter Hundreds Chart
- Easter Mazes a Sight Word Game
- Color by Number to reveal the Easter Hidden Pictures
- Easter Eggs Phonics Game
Download Spring Playdoug MatsBy downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!