Spring is here and Easter is on it’s way soon! There are lots of fun easter books for preschoolers that celebrate the holiday and introduce kids to the symbols and traditions. We’ve incluced easter books for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students These easter books preschool funny books about egg hunts and the Easter bunny to more sentimental stories about the reasons we celebrate Easter, there is something for everyone’s Easter basket! We’ve included easter stories for preschoolers with llama llama, dinosaurs, pout pout fish, curious monkeys, and so many more new favorites!
Easter Books for Preschoolers
Kids will get excited to read all these silly and fun Easter Books for Preschoolers. Whether you like cats, bears, dogs, dinosaurs, or rabbits, there is sure to be a fun Easter story for you! We have easter books for kindergarten, toddler, preschool easter books, and grade 1 students too! The hardest part is figuring out which easter holiday books to read first!
Easter stories for preschoolers
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love cuddling up and reading these cute Easter book for kids!
Here Comes T. Rex Cottontail was written by Lois G. Grambling and illustrated by Jack E. Davis. In this adorable dinosaur themed Easter story, Peter Cottontail needs some help delivering eggs and he turns to T. Rex for help. The adorable illustrations and the fun story will be especially entertaining to young dinosaur fans. For more dino-themed fun, check out this list of dinosaur books for kids!
The Story of the Easter Bunny was written by Katherine Tegen and illustrated by Sally Anne Lambert. This story follows an old couple who color eggs and create baskets for all of the children in their village. When they become too old to make the baskets, their little white rabbit takes over. This sweet back story of the Easter bunny is paired with lovely illustrations.
The Biggest Easter Basket Ever was written by Steven Kroll and illustrated by Jeni Bassett. Clayton and Desmond are two little mice who both want to win the competition for the biggest Easter basket. This fun story about teamwork and cooperation is paired with adorable illustrations of the cute mice and the fun celebration of Easter in Mouseville.
The Night Before Easter was written by Natasha Wing and illustrated by Kathy Couri. In this Easter themed spin on the classic Christmas poem, two young kids are preparing for the holiday. The familiar rhyming text explores lots of the traditions of the Easter holiday, and the fun illustrations feature images of a friendly Easter bunny and lots of candy and treats.
Turkey’s Eggcellent Easter was written by Wendi Silvano and illustrated by Lee Harper. When Turkey finds out that there is an Easter Egg hunt coming up, he decides to disguise himself so that he can enter the contest and win the big prize. Kids will love the hilarious antics of Turkey and his animal friends, as well as the creative illustrations full of lots of funny costumes and situations.
Clifford’s Happy Easter was written by Norman Bridwell. Clifford and Emily Elizabeth love Easter. In this festive story, the popular dog and his adorable owner have lots of fun coloring eggs, even though Clifford has trouble handling them with his big paws. This sweet story is paired with fun and colorful illustrations that will have kids wanting to celebrate with Clifford too.
How to Catch the Easter Bunny was written by Adam Wallace and illustrated by Andy Elkerton. This fun addition to the “How to Catch” series introduces readers to the Easter Bunny and dares them to try to catch him. The rhyming text is accompanied by brightly colored illustrations featuring a smiling and tricky Easter Bunny.
The Easter Egg was written and illustrated by Jan Brett. Hoppi the bunny wants to make the best Easter egg so he can win the contest to help the Easter Bunny with his holiday deliveries. After he comes across a robin’s egg in the woods, he works hard to keep it safe, resulting in a heartwarming lesson. The illustrations are done in Brett’s signature style, with tons of details hidden in the illustrations and the borders. For more Easter egg fun, check out this list of 50+ learning activities using plastic Easter eggs!
Here Comes the Easter Cat was written by Deborah Underwood and illustrated by Claudia Rueda. In this hilarious Easter story, a grumpy cat is frustrated that the Easter Bunny gets lots of love and attention. He decides to take over and make the deliveries himself. But it isn’t as easy as he thinks. The story is told in a conversational format between the cat and the narrator, and the illustrations are simple, using illustrated signs to show the cat’s responses.
Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure was written and illustrated by James and Kimberly Dean. On Easter morning, Pete the Cat receives a note from the Easter Bunny asking him to help with all the holiday preparations. Kids will love following Pete on his adventure, and will appreciate the fun illustrations of Pete wearing bunny ears.
Fancy Nancy and the Missing Easter Bunny was written by Jane O’Connor and illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser. Nancy’s sister Jojo brings home her class pet for the Easter holiday, but when the Easter egg hunt begins, Nibbles the bunny is nowhere to be found. The story is full of Nancy’s fancy words, while the illustrations have tons of colorful and glittery details throughout.
Happy Easter, Curious George was written by R.P. Anderson and illustrated by Mary O’Keefe Young. Join the adorable little monkey and his friend the man in the yellow hat as they head to the park for Easter festivities. The festive story is paired with colorful illustrations featuring the adorable monkey and a diverse cast of children all engaging in egg decorating fun.
Pinkalicious: Eggstraordinary Easter was written and illustrated by Victoria Kann. When Pinkalicious and her family get a note from Edgar Easter Bunny, it leads them on a fun filled scavenger hunt. Kids will love following along as the family follows the clues left behind, and little ones will be drawn in by the vibrantly colored illustrations.
Happy Easter, Little Critter was written and illustrated by Mercer Mayer. It’s Easter morning and Little Critter and his family are celebrating together. From dyeing eggs to searching for baskets, the story introduces young readers to a variety of Easter traditions through a simple story and funny illustrations.
Peppa’s Easter Egg Hunt was illustrated by Eone. Grandpa Pig has set up an Easter egg hunt for Peppa and friends. In addition to finding eggs, they even find a special Springtime surprise. Kids will love seeing their favorite characters participating in familiar Easter activities in the brightly colored illustrations.
God Bless Our Easter was written by Hannah C. Hall and illustrated by Steve Whitlow. This sweet rhyming story celebrates all of the wonderful parts of Spring and Easter and thanks God for the blessings of the season. The accompanying illustrations use soft colors and textures to showcase all of the adorable animals and beautiful flowers.
The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story was written by Mike and Jan Berenstain. The Bear cubs are all ready for Easter, but they are so focused on the candy and treats that they forget the reason behind the festivities. Kids will enjoy learning about the Easter story along with the popular and relatable bear cubs.
Corduroy’s Easter Party was written by Don Freeman and illustrated by Lisa McCue. This festive story features the friendly teddy bear and his friends as they plan an Easter party. The illustrations are full of adorable animal characters partaking in lots of fun Easter activities.
Llama Llama Easter Egg was written and illustrated by Anna Dewdney. Join Llama Llama and his loved ones as they celebrate the Easter holiday. This shortened story uses a peppy rhyming text and colorful illustrations to highlight the familiar traditions of Easter. Check out this list of Easter board books for more ideas for very young readers!
Pout-Pout Fish: Easter Surprise was written by Deborah Diesen and illustrated by Dan Hanna. Every year Mr. Fish struggles to find an egg during the annual Easter egg hunt. Will this year be different? Kids will appreciate the fun illustrations of Easter under the sea.
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Sorting
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
Preschool Book Lists
If you are looking for more fun-to-read preschool book lists with picture books picked out for your preschoolers, don’t miss these great picks:
- Construction Books for Preschoolers
- 100th Day fo School Books for kids
- Best Snowman Books for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners
- Fun-to-Read Penguin Books for Preschoolers
- Romping and Roaring Dinosaur Books for kids
- Cute Preschool Shape Books
- Apple Books for Preschoolers that are perfect for September
- Check out these summer books for preschoolers
- Creepy, Crawly Books about Insects for Preschoolers
- Discover lots of Color Books for Preschool kids
- Hop on over to read these silly Frog Books for Preschool
- These Easter Books for Preschoolers are sure to be new favorites
- Celebrate the arrival of spring with these spring books for preschoolers
- Preschool Books about Family you’ll love reading
- So many lovely flower books for preschoolers
- Silly and Fun Animal Books for Preschoolers
- In February you’ll love reading these Valentine Books for Preschool
- Not-so-chilly Winter Books for Preschoolers
- Perfect for the holidays Christmas Books for preschoolers
- Make some friends in these cute Farm Books for Preschool
- Teach kids to give thanks with these inspiring Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers
- Enjoy Autumn cuddling up reading one of these fall books for preschoolers
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.