Spring is on its way! Are your kids excited? This Counting to 10 activity uses flower playdough mats to allow kids to count and play with playdough while working on early math skills. Use these play doh mat with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids for your spring theme or flower theme this April, May and June! Simply download pdf file with the spring activities for preschoolers and you are ready to play and learn!
Flower playdough mats
Count away with these super cute, free printable flower playdough mats. Use these play doh mat printables with toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners to practice number sense as they count 1-10. Children will build the same number of play dough flowers to plant in the pot as the numberal on the front of the flower pot. Use this fun flower counting activity in your spring lesson plans preschool. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this easy, NO PREP spring math activity. Not only is this eraly math activity great for working on counting and number sense, but it is great for strengthening hand muscles kids will need as they begin writing!
Play doh mat
Spring activities for preschoolers
Laminate the cards if you wish to make it reusable(or use a dry-erase pocket). Cut the 10 cards and provide either playdough (you’ll lover our amazing Kool Aid Playdough recipe) with flower cookie cutters, flower beads/buttons/mini erasers or dry-erase markers.
Spring lesson plans preschool
My initial idea was to use the counting mats with playdough, but our flower cookie cutters are big, so only 3 flowers would fit. If you have smaller flower cutters , you can use these flower playdough mats for all numbers 1-10. Or young learner can simply roll smaller balls of playdough to make their own flowers in the pot. Playdough provides that extra sensory element to the learning process and also help strengthen little hands so they are ready for writing in the upcoming years.
Then, small flower counters can also be used, for instance beads(we used small wooden flowers here), buttons or flower mini erasers. If you can get your hands on candy flowers, it would be perfect too! Just keep in mind that small objects like these can end up in mouths etc. and all over the floor. Supervision is required.
Spring math preschool
As if that wasn’t enough, you can also count to 10 flowers by drawing them in the flower pots with dry erase markers. This is a good alternative and a group of kids can easily use these mats independently in your Math center, wipe clean, and repeat. This can also be used at home as a quiet time activity or while on the road as a busy bag activity.
Such a fun counting activity for preschoolers AND perfect for your Spring theme/unit! Have fun counting flowers!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Download Flower Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!