Kids love watching insects and bugs in the garden. So add some cute bugs to your preschool math and you’ll keep kids engaged as they practicing learning the numbers from 1 through 10 with these super cute counting bugs worksheet. These preschool counting worksheets are perfect for spring time practice counting to 10 with insect worksheets for preschool, pre-k, toddler, and kindergarten age kids. Simply download pdf file with tracing numbers worksheets and you are ready to count the bugs, trace the numberal, learn the number words, and practice counting using a ten frame.
Counting Bugs Worksheet
Practicing pencil control while learning to count makes this counting bugs worksheet perfect for young children from preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergarteners. They can also build their fine motor skills by using playdough with these worksheets as well. These count to 10 worksheets are such a fun preschool math activity. Whether you are a parent, teacher, and homeschooler – you will love this no prep activity perfect for extra practice, bug themes, summer learning, math centers, and supplement activities.
Tracing numbers worksheets
Insect worksheets for preschool
Hint: If you laminate the pages of this bug activities for preschoolers you can use the sheet over and over again for repeated practice. Simply have your child use a dry erase marker then wipe clean and repeat!
Preschool Counting Worksheets
For this simple, NO PREP, insect worksheet for preschool you will get to count various bugs such as ladybug, spider, flies, bee, dragonfly, beetle, butterfly, grasshopper, ants, and mosquitos.
At the top of the each page are happy bugs or insect clipart, they can color the pictures. Then, in the middle of the page, is the number word and number form for children to trace.
The last activity on the page is a ten frame. There is an image in the ten frame to help children count to the specific number featured on the page. This image can be colored in as they count. Children could also make shapes out of playdough to place on these ten frames or they could use mini erasers, pom poms or even buttons.
Insect Worksheets for Preschool
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Alphabet Games – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Bug Sight Word Game is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Potato Stamped Bee Craft for Kids
- FUN Spider Slime Recipe
- Fun, hands-on Spiders for Kids Activities
- All About Worm Worksheets
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Free Spider LIfe of a Spider for Kids
- Bee Preschool Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Bug THeme
- SUPER cute Spider Counting Activity with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzle
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug Sight Word Reader – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Printable Insect Worksheets
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for kids
- Cute Bug Number Worksheets
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- I Spy Bugs Activity Sheets
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Hands-on Spider Shape Matching Activity
Spring Activities for Kids
You may also enjoy these Spring Activities:
- Amazing Bubble Painting Project
- Silly Grass Craft for Kids
- Giant Bubble Solution
- Edible Ice Cream Playdough Recipe
- AMAZING Tin Foil Art
- Spring Counting Cards
- Epic Bubble Painting
- Rainbow Dot to Dot Printable
- Stained Glass Craft for Kids
- Spring Parts of Speech Cards
- Color by Number Summer
- Mason Jar Flower Craft for Kids
- Homemade Lava Lamp – epic activity for kids of all ages
Bug activities for preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!