Grab these free printable European explorers coloring pages to help students learn about 13 famous explorers for kids. Simply print the explorers for children printables to learn facts about explorers such as Alexander Mackenzie, Amerigo Vespucci, Bartolomeu Dias, Sir Francis Drake, George Vancouver, Hernando de Soto, Jacques Marquette, Captain James Cook, Panfilo de Narvárez, Robert de la Salle, Samuel de Champlain, Simon Fraser, and Walter Raleigh. This is a fun, simple history activity for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd graders too.
Famous Explorers for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this Famous Explorers for kids themed activity which helps students strengthen their fine motor skill while working on their literacy and history skill. These free printable pages are perfect for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 aged students. Use these for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning, an explorer study , a history study or literacy activity or as part of an extra activity for those who finish their other work early.
European explorers worksheets
Explorers for kids
At the bottom of the post you will find the pdf download file. Download this no-prep file and print off all the pages. There is one male explorer per page with a total of thirteen explorers all up. The thirteen explorers include:
- Alexander Mackenzie
- Amerigo Vespucci
- Bartolomeu Dias
- Sir Francis Drake
- George Vancouver
- Hernando de Soto
- Jacques Marquette
- Captain James Cook
- Panfilo de Narvárez
- Robert de la Salle
- Samuel de Champlain
- Simon Fraser
- Walter Raleigh
Explorers for children
- Give your child one page at a time.
- After they read the name of the explorer at the top of the page, they will then trace their name. They can then practice tracing this word over and over again on a separate piece of paper.
- Then they will read a short paragraph about the man. If they are still learning to read, they will need a little help. Point at the words as you read them to help them understand and learn to recognize new words. If there are any words that are new to them or they have difficulty saying, have them write the word out on a separate piece of paper, pronouncing it as they write the letters.
- At the side of the page is a black and white image of the man. Children can then decorate this man with crayons, markers, or pencils, working on their fine motor skills, while trying to carefully stay in the lines.
Though this activity comes in black and white only, it is a great way for children to learn more about thirteen different explorers who explored the world, while strengthening their fine motor and literacy skills.
Facts about explorers
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Leif Erikson for Kids Reader to Read, Color, and Learn
- Viking Activities for Kids – build a viking ship, read about famous vikings, find Vinland, and more!
- Free Printable Viking Worksheets for Kids
- Learn about European Explorers for kids such as Amerigo Vespucci, Vasco de Gama, and Columbus with this hands-on history lesson
- James Cook Study
- Explore with Henry the Navigator and Marco Polo activities in this fun history lesson
- Work on math and litearcy skills with these free printable explorer worksheets
- Join Drake, Cartier, and Henry Hudson for kids as they explore the new world in this fun history lesson
- Learn about Magellan, the Aztec, and the Spanish Conquistadors for Kids
- Don’t miss all our resources for learning about early explorers for kids
- Learn about 13 Famous Explorers for Kids Printable Reader to read, color, and learn
- Famous European Early Explorers Printable Notebook Pages
- Early Explorers for Kids Pennant Posters
- FREE Printable Famous Early Explorers Coloring Pages
American History for Kids
- Native Americans for Kids – explore various tribes as you create free printable book, make PVC tent, totem poles, Indian fry bread, husk dolls, recreate an archeological dig with arrow heads, and more!
- Colonial America for Kids takes kids on a journey back to the first settlers in America – eat Gruel, make a Wattle & Daub house, create a tin lantern, write with a quill, make simple Johnny Cakes, make you own marbles, create traditional silhouette art projects, and more.
American Revolution for Kids. In 4 units your students will learn what events lead up to the American Revolution and famous figures will making dragon pistols, roll their own cartridges, working spy cipher, cold feet activity.
- What was the Westward Expanion? History comes alive as they learn about the Oregon trail, pony express, gold rush, transcontinental railroad, and more with printables and activities like making a covered wagon, homemade crackers, how to square dance, pan for gold, and make a railroad project.
- Famous Female Scientists and their Inventions Coloring Pages
- Civil War for Kids We have recommendations for mapping and visiting famous battle sights nearby, printable civil war board game, make an informative emergent reader, create a flip book or people students should know, and complete some free printable Civil War worksheets.
- US History for Kids – Printable Decade Posters
- Learn about US States for Kids – state coloring pages, president coloring pages, state report forms, states and capital printables, and so much more!
- Rosa Parks for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Martin Luther King Jr for Kids Printable Reader to Color and Learn
- Titanic for Kids Reader to Color and Learn
- Learn about the Roaring 1920s for Kids – Printable Book to Read, Color, and Learn
- 1930s for Kids – Printable Book about the Golden age of Hollywood, Great Depression for Kids and more to read, color, and learn
- 1950s for Kids Reader to Color, Learn and read about what life was like in America in 1950
Geography for Kids
- Free Printable Maps including world map, continents, and country maps with and without labeling
- 16 Countries for Kids Printables
- Check out one of or MANY engaging, Free history lessons for kids
- Explore American History for kids including lots of fun, hands on activities and free printables
- Use Lego to explore famous landmarks in countries for kids
- Help kids understand where do I live with this clever printable activity
- Learn about Vietnam For Kids Printable Mini Book
- Travel to Athens to learn about the Parthenon, Greek Food and more with these Greece for Kids printable books
- Learn about Peru for Kids with this printable book to read, color, and learn about Machu Pichu, llamas in the mountain communities, and more!
- How much do you know about USA for Kids? Color the flag, look at a map, discover famous landmarks like the statue of liberty, learn about typical foods and more!
- Delight in all the natural wonders and historical fort in the lovely island country of Puerto Rico for Kids printable mini books to read, color, and learn!
- Kenya for Kids Printable Book to learn about this African country with lots of amazing wild life
- Learn about Israel for Kids printable mini book about this lovely country
Early Explorers Printables
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!