Looking for a fun way to get kids to count and show their numbers? These fun school themed Bus Activities for Preschoolers are perfect for that! Using the school bus playdough mats, children will work on identify the number on each card and then form that many dough balls to represent ‘kids on a bus’ and show their number on the mat. This is a fun activity for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students.
Bus Activities for Preschoolers
Kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these FREE School Bus Printable playdough mat perfect for hands on math during back to school. Use this with a back to school theme in August or September for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this handy, back to school counting activity for kids.
- A4 paper
Print as many mats as you need for the number of students in your class (you could play these in groups). Be sure to laminate the mats so you can use them over and over.
Prepare and cut up the laminated mats for use. Place them in a sealable zip lock bag or use a rubber band to keep these mats together for easy use. The students will then identify the number on each puzzle and then create dough balls to place on each window on the bus to show their number. If you’d like to differentiate this activity, you certainly can by using the number mats to 5 or ten with groups of students. If they aren’t ready to count just yet, a great alternative activity is to place the bus cards into a sensory tub with rice and have the kids pull out each card and identify the number on the piece.
School Bus Activities for Preschoolers
These task can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on identifying the numbers and more advanced learners working on their counting skills and showing the number.
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love counting using kids on the bus! What a great way to reinforce a love of learning math!
Back to School Printables
- FREE First day of Preschool sign, cute First day of School printable, First Day of School Notes, or All About Me Worksheet Preschool
- Grab these Back to School Coloring Pages, yellow slime, and try these first day of school science experiments
- Back to School BINGO or this School themed I Spy Workshetes pdf FREE
- Cute First day for preschool craft (free printable hat templates) or lots of back to school crafts
- School bus Alphabet Matching, alphabet race game, Pencil matching abc games,
- Tracing lines worksheets for 3 year olds pdf download and Color by Code Back to School Worksheets
- School Supplies Tracing worksheets, Crayon free printable name recognition activities, printable measurement activities for preschoolers, or our Back to School Activities for Preschoolers
- Pencil Number Matching Printable, no-prep Back to School Color by Number pages, count and clip back to school math activities for preschoolers, fun counting puzzles for preschoolers, counting mats bus activities for preschoolers, and preschool numbers worksheets 1-10
- Reader Favorite kool aid playdough, Quick conditioner playdough, Amazing ice cream play doh, Epic color changing playdough, and lemonade playdough, winter snowman playdough
- Easy marshmallow playdough, 2-ingredient easy playdough recipe, and playful funfetti playdough,
- Colorful crayon playdough, homemade bubble gum playdough recipe, and 2 ingredient edible candy playdough, and Spookley the Square Pumpkin Activities
- edible pumpkin playdough, scented apple pie playdough, easy peanut butter playdough, jello strawberry playdough, fun watermelon playdough, quick peeps playdough, hot chocolate playdough recipe, peppermint stretchy playdough, fall candy corn playdough recipe, scented apple pie playdough, cool glow in the dark playdough
- See all our favorite Playdough Recipes
- Jungle Animal Playdough Mats, Spring Playdough Mats, engaging transportation playdough mats, pet animal playdough mats, tools community helpers playdough mats, preschool musical instruments activity, fall playdough mats, Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool – Counting Candles
- Ice Cream Pattern printable mats, Super cute and FREE Alphabet Playdough Mats
- One fish, Two Fish Dr Seuss Playdough Mats or these Parts of a Book for kids activity
- Practice shapes with Flower Playdough Mats or carrot shape playdough mat
- Cute and FREE playdough numbers mats 1-10, Gumball Number mats, Construction Playdough Mats – count and dump to 20, Shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats or these monster shapes playdough activity
- Watermelon Seed Counting Activity, hands-on Corn counting activity, or Uppercase Animal Alphabet Tracing Cards with playdough
- TONS of FREE playdough mats and our preschool playdough mats here!
- Mesmerizing metallic silver slime, homemade chocolate edible slime or Incredible fluffy butter slime
- Not-too-creepy Halloween Slime, fluffy Turkey Slime, purple valentine slime, and Leprechaun Slime
- Heat Sensitive, Color Changing Slime or EPIC magnetic slime science project
- Cheery yellow baking soda slime , fun-to-play-with Ocean Slime, Slime Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime , dish soap white slime, or our go to recipe – WOW 2 ingredient slime
- Super Simple Sand Beach Slime and patriotic red white and blue slime
- Fluffy green apple slime, yellow apple slime, shinny red Apple Pie Slime cool pumpkin slime
- Watermelon Slime FUN for Kids or Puffy Watermelon Slime Recipe
- Green St Patricks Day Slime, Gold Slime Pot of Gold Activity, and leprechaun slime
- How to make Galaxy Slime, Frozen Blue Slime or enchanging snow slime
- No-stick gingerbread slime, perfect Christmas slime, mr grinch slime
- Melting snowman slime, shimmery snow slime, pretty pink valentine’s day slime, purple valentine slime
- Fluffy gummy worms edible slime, Edible, or Gummy Bear Slime
- Scented Puffy Paint Pumpkins, Squish Bag Watermelon Activities for Preschoolers, Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- You’ve got to try this homemade Magic Sand, painting with edible marshmallow paint, and How to make a bouncy ball
- Fun foam paint, puffy paint ideas, vibrant washable sidewalk paint, HUGE homemade bubble solution, 3 ingredient baking soda crafts, beautiful edible sand, chilly snow dough, amazing puffy snow paint
- How to dye rice with food coloring, color changing capillary action experiment with flowers
- Ice Cream Volcano, simple ketchup volcano, insects in amber jurassic park activities , grow a rainbow capillary action experiment, creative pipe cleaner constellations, easy lava lamp experiment explanation
- Hands-on road shapes activity with hotwheels, fun balloon rocket experiment for preschool, squish bag watermelon activities for toddlers, fun puffy paint ice cream,
School Bus Playdough Mat
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!