These Fruit Loop Alphabet Snack Mats are so clever! Children will practice color recognition, pincer grip, and letter recognition with these free abc printables. Complete with letter and pictures in the fruit loops coloring pages with fruit loops or skittles! Play, Snack, Repeat! These are perfect for toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1 students.
Do your kids love to play with their food? Most baby, toddler, preschool, pre k, kindergarten, and first grade children love to play with their snacks! They like to play with anything, from sunrise to sunset so why should snack time be any different, right? These adorable alphabets mats are a fun way for kids to practice 1:1 correspondence, color recognition, phonemic awareness, alphabet tracing of both upper and lowercase letters, learning their ABCs, and most importantly – having fun while learning! So stop saying, “Don’t play with your food.” Let kids play with their food using these snack mats as they use the time to learn with this edible, educational activity for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, kindergarteners, and first grade students.
These super cute free printable alphabet placemats are such a fun way to help reinforce alphabet recognition, color recognition, and pincer grip all at the same time. Whether you are a parent, teacher, homeschooler, grandparent, or daycare – you will love this no prep, food activity for kids!
You will love this NO PREP preschool learning activity! Just print pages you want to work on from A to Z.
Alphabet Placemat Printable
Now slip the alphabet printables into sheet protectors or laminate the alphabet pages. This way you can use them over and over again.
We like to slip our printable alphabet placemats in a drawer in kitchen to set out at snack time or for meal time. Not only will they add a little splash of color and some hands on learning, but also a way to keep kids entertained and engaged at the table.
Children will practice pincer grip while completing this alphabet learning activity. Simply use fruit loops, colored cheerios, skittles, M&Ms, or other manipulatives to cover the white spots with the correct color. This is great for working on one to one correspondence.
Fruit Loop Printable
After you fill in the color part of the picture with the correct color of fruit loops, students can decorate the black and white part of the picture too.
Color Recognition Printables
Next, have preschoolers practice tracing letters with their fingers or dry erase marker. Each uppercase and lowercase letters clearly state how to properly form the letters. Then, read the simple “x is for xylophone” to them.
Color Recognition Activity
Finally, add in fruit loops to make an uppercase and lowercase letters. Kids will love the beautiful alphabet worksheet they create. This K is for kite worksheet is a fun, hands on activity for learning colors and practicing color recognition.
My kids had so much fun matching colors, completing their pictures, and then eating their snack at the end.
Fun Alphabet Activity for kids
My kids had so much fun making these super cute and fun to complete alphabet activity. They were happily practicing pincer grasp for over an hour!
HINT: Instead of letting your student(s) eat all the fruit loops (or skittles or M&Ms), why not save them in a ziplock bag to use with one of our other super cute and free Fruit Loops Printables:
Looking for more fruit loop printables for kids of all ages. You will have fun working on color recognition with these Rainbow Snack Mats that use fruit loops, cereal, skittles, or M & Ms. Teach studnets about using a ten frame with these counting cards. Toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners will have fun sorting the cereal by colors with these Color Sorting Cards.
Looking for more fun and free ideas to make learning fun for preschoolers? Check out these free prek worksheets:
- Apple Prek Worksheets
- Tracing Letters while learning animals names A to Z
- Road Shapes
- Super cute construction worksheets for pre k
- Free pumpkin activity printables to find the letter
- Super cute and FREE printable animal masks
- Printable ABC Crafts
- Construction Free Phonics Games
- Tools matching lowercase and uppercase letters Activity
- Free Printable popsicle stick letters
- Watermelon Alphabet Mat
- Zoo Animals Uppercase letters tracing free printables from A to Z
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Mat
- Back to School ABC Games
- Letter Identification Worksheets
- Super Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Simple Preschool Alphabet Worksheets
- Alphabet Hats
Color Activities for kids
- Free Printable Color Worksheets
- 27 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super Cute Crayon Colors Craft
- Fruit Loop Color Activity for Preschool
- Printable color flashcards for toddlers
- Preschool Color Book Printable
- 40 Colour Recognition Activities
- Rainbow Sorting Games for Preschoolers
- Learning Color Words
- Fall Emergent Reader
- Learning Colors Printable
- Free Color Sorting Mat
- Octopus Learning Colors Printable
- Valentines Day Color Activity for Preschool
- Colors Book Printable
- Christmas Color Activity for Preschool
- Christmas Color Activities for Kindergarten
- Painting Worksheets
- Seashell Playdough Color Activity for Preschoolers
- Easter Color Words for Kids Printable Reader
- Free Printable Color Flashcards
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printable
- Good night Gorilla Color Activity for Preschool
- Turkey Color Activity for Preschool
- Fruit Loop Sorting Mat
Plus don’t miss our ABC Printables, math activities for preschoolers, learning preschool colors, fun preschool themes, tons of free playdough mats, cute preschool crafts, tons of free printable preschool worksheets, and many preschool book list.
Download Alphabet Worksheets
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!