This free printable book is a fun way to teach toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten about Nocturnal Animals for Kids Reader. My Nocturnal Animals Dot Reader.
Nocturnal Animals for Kids
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this low prep animal reader for helping students work on fine motor skills. These free Nocturnal Animals for Kids emergent reader is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. Use these in literacy and science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of an animal study. With this pack, children will learn about twenty-three different nocturnal animals.
Nocturnal animals are animals that are primarily active at night. Nocturnal animals included in these worksheets include: badger, bat, chinchilla, dormouse, firefly, flying squirrel, fox, hamster, hyena, jaguar, kangaroo, lion, mole, nine-banded armadillo, otter, owl, porcupine, rabbit, racoon, skunk, toad, and wombat.
Nocturnal Animals Book
Nocturnal Animals for Preschoolers
Each page of this book contains three activities. The first activity includes learning to read and write the name of the animal. The second activity is to dot the letter that the name of the animal starts with. This can be done with a bingo maker, do a dot marker, with a q-tip and paint or with their finger and finger-paints. They could also color in the dots or place stickers on them if they wish.
The third activity involves coloring and decorating the animal. This printable pack comes completely in black and white to save on printing ink costs.
Looking for more fun, engaging, and educational animal activities for elementary age students? Check out these fun resources and ideas:
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Zoo Scavenger Hunts for 2-12 year old review animal classifications, terminology, endangered status, habitat, ++
- Animal Homes Clip Cards for kids
- Zoo Fieldtrip Animal Reports – with simple options for toddlers and preschoolers and more thorough report templates for K-6th grade students.
- Life Cycles for Kids – a growing collection with over 20 different animals to explore from penguins to sunflowers, salmon, butterfly, and more!
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Echidna Life Cycle Printables
- Octopus Color Printables
- Animal Classification Worksheets
- Platypus Life Cycle Printables
- Mother and Baby Animal Cards
- Animal Habitat Worksheets – Do a Dot Printable
- Biomes Coloring Pages
- Silly Puzzles Animal Habitat Activity
- Animal Habitats Activity with Animal Cookies
- Nocturnal Animals Printables
- Forest Animals Themed Worksheets
- Arctic Animals Themed Worksheets
- Desert Animals Themed Worksheets
- Pond Worksheets for Kids
- Ocean Animals for Kids – over 240 page unit about aquatic animals
Download Nocturnal Animals Reader
Before you download your Watermelon Counting Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.