Kids will have so much fun working on Lowercase Letter Tracing with this super cute alphabet cookie activity for young learners.
Alphabet Tracing Activity
Kids love cookies! They are so delicious and there are so many different yummy kids in different sizes, shapes, and flavors. Using this alphabet cookie printable is a great way to engage young learners to help them work on forming their letters.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love using this letter tracing activity to help preschoolers, prek, and kindergarten age students practice alphabet tracing while having fun! This is great for extra practice, seat work, literacy center in classrooms, summer learning, and home preschool.
Lowercase Letter Tracing
Work on identifying lowercase letters as students in preschool, pre k, and kindergarten choose a card, say the letter name and find its match on their recording sheet. The kids will be working on identifying their letters and forming their letters in one activity! This works great for kids who are struggling with identifying their letters like ELL / ESL kids. The cookie theme cards will spike the child’s interest as they pick a card and say the letter name.
Kids with practice lowercase letter tracing in this versatile and re-usable activity, you can also choose to laminate the recording sheet and have the kids use dry erase markers on the sheet as they work on their letter identification and formation skills.
Letter Tracing Worksheets
Now cut apart the cards – you can store them in a plastic sleeve or file folder.
Stack the Cookie Alphabet Cards in the middle of the table. Now hand out a recording sheet to each student in the group. Explain that they are to choose one card at a time. They say the letter on the card and then find it on their recording sheet.
Now they will trace the alphabet letter using a dry erase marker, washable markers, scented markers, crayons, coloured pencils, highlighters, or whatever else you like. Repeat this process until they’ve colored or traced all the letters on their sheet!
Looking for more free alphabet printables for practicing forming upper and lowercase letters? Try these clever resources:
- Apple Alphabet Tracing
- Winter Letter Tracing
- Sun Letter Tracing
- St Patricks Alphabet Tracing
- Construction Tracing Alphabet Letters
- Alphabet Tracing Popsicles
- Reusable Alphabet Tracing Strips
- Plus don’t miss these Printable Alphabet Crafts
- And these super cute, NO PREP Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Summer Handwriting Worksheets
- Dental Tracing Pages
- Alphabet Printable using Bingo Daubers
- Sandcastle Alphabet Tracing
- ABC Tracing
- Preschool Alphabet Worksheets
- Fish Find the Letter Worksheets
- Kindergarten Alphabet Worksheets
- Monster Alphabet Tracing
- Disney Alphabet Tracing
See all of our Preschool Alphabet resources!
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!