Dr Seuss Preschool Theme with dr Activities for Preschoolers
Let’s celebrate Dr. Seuss Day with a fun Dr Seuss Theme! You and your kids will love learning with some of your favorite Dr Seuss books like Red Fish BLue Fish, The Lorax, the Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham, plus so many more! Use these dr seuss preschool activities to sneak in some cute dr seuss preschool crafts or some engaging dr seuss math activities. We have so many fun ideas to add to your dr seuss lesson plans preschool, toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, first grade, and 2nd grade too.
Dr seuss preschool activities
Celebrate beloved author Dr Seuss with a dr seuss preschool theme for his birthday on March 2nd. Dr Seuss is the author if iconic children’s books such as The Cat in the Hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue FIsh, Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hears a WHo, The Grinch Who Stone Christms, and many more! His simply, silly, rhyming, and repetitive text are great for achieving early literacy and a kid favorite for sure! These dr seuss preschool activities are great for not only improving reading, but also math, fine motor skills with Dr Seuss crafts, and so much more. Use these dr seuss literacy activities for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Dr seuss preschool activities printables
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these engaging ideas for making learning fun with Dr Seuss. Pick some favorite dr seuss activities for kids and you are ready to play and learn.
Dr Seuss Books to Read
Use one of these two options for using books in your Dr. Seuss theme: Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday. Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers.
Dr Seuss Preschool
Make one of these super cute Dr seuss crafts to work on fine motor skills while recreating soe favorite characters and images from oneof your favorite Dr Seuss Books for kids!
- Make Thing 1, 2, and 3 Dr Seuss hand art
- Try these fun Cat in the Hat Handprint crafts from Kids Craft Room
- Practice cutting skills with a Thing 1 and Thing 2 craft from School Time Snippets
- Check out this Horton Hears a Who Craft from Artsy Craftsy Mom
- Use fork painting to create this easy Truffula Tree craft from Darcy and Brian
- Your kids will love this Put Me in the Zoo paper plate craft from Natural Beach Living
- Or make a Grinch and Max paper plate craft from The Gingerbread House
- Create Cat in the Hat story spoons from The Inspiration
Dr seuss lesson plans preschool
Sneak in some Dr Seuss Math with one of these fun Dr Seuss math activity ideas for practicing counting, shapes, skip counting, and more!
- Your kids will love this One Fish, Two Fish counting game Dr Seuss Printables
- Try a Cat in the Hat math activity mat from J4 Daniels Mom
- Work with Dr. Seuss inspired number bonds from Planes and Balloons
- Practice matching shapes with Dr. Seuss inspired worksheets source
- Play a Green Eggs and Ham Addition match game from Creative Family Fun
- Or check out this One Fish Two Fish Number Match source
- Try skip counting with a Cat in the Hat puzzle source
Dr seuss theme preschool
Work on early literacy so kids are ready to read with these fun dr seuss rhyming activities, dr seuss scavenger hunts, word family sorting, and more!
- Try a Dr Seuss Game – Hop on Pop sight word game
- Go on a Dr. Seuss scavenger hunt from Organized 31
- Play a Dr. Seuss inspired sight word game from Theres Just One Mommy
- Print a Dr. Seuss themed reading chart from Year Round Homeschooling
- Practice handwriting with a Dr. Seuss penmanship pack source
- Go on a Green Eggs Sight Words Hunt from Planes and Balloons
- Practice word families with Truffula Trees from School Time Snippets
Dr seuss preschool
Looking for some fun dr seuss activities based one one of the many classic children’s books? Try one of these fun dr seuss games!
- Try some Truffula Tree Marshmallow Pops from Really are you Serious
- Make butter after reading The Butter Battle from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Try this stem challenge and stack the cat’s hats source
- Check out this Bartholomew and the Oobleck STEM activity with Lego from Steam powered family
- Grow a Grinch Heart science experiment from Fun with Mama
- Make some green Grinch Slime to explore consistency, cause and effect, and get silly!
- Explore color theory with a Truffula Trees STEAM craft from School Time Snippets
Dr seuss activities for kindergarten
Plus, don’t miss these super cute, free dr seuss worksheets and printable dr seuss activities!
- Dr. Seuss Day Planner from Rock Your Homeschool
- Handy Dr. Seuss Bookmarks from Simple Everyday Mom
- Free Dr. Seuss K-2 Fun Pack from Year Round Homeschooling
- Dr. Seuss Bingo from Artsy Fartsy Mom
- Printable Thing 1 Handprint Craft source
- Printable Dr. Seuss Preschool Emotion Lorax Activity from Natural Beach Living
- Dr. Seuss Game Pack source
- Fun Dr. Seuss Inspired Cootie Catchers source
- Cute Dr. Seuss Hats source
Dr. seuss preschool activities
Looking for more fun DR Seuss printables and dr seuss activity ideas? Check out these resources!
- LOTS of fun Dr Seuss Activities for kids of all ages!
- Dr Seuss Thing 1 and Thing 2 Handprint Craft
- Free Dr Seuss Worksheets Preschool
- Dr Seuss Oobleck Recipe
- Dr Seuss Truffula Tree Craft
- Truffula Trees Dr Seuss STEM Activities (The Lorax)
- Dr Seuss Craft Puffy Paint Leopard
- FREE Cat in the Hat Math for Kindergarten and Grade 1
- Fun Dr Seuss Preschool Activities
- Dr Seuss Preschool Red Fish Blue Fish Playdough Mats
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic