Looking for a fun, cute leprechaun craft that isn’t too difficult so your toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children can make it? This simple leprechaun hat craft is such a fun craft for st Patrick’s day in March.
Leprechaun hat craft
This St. Patrick’s Day craft is one that turns out so cute but it can literally be done in 5 minutes. It is so very simple, which means you could make multiple and use them as decorations all over your house! These Leprechaun Hats are so fun and so cute, I can’t wait for you and your kids to try them! This st patrick’s day preschool crafts is fun to make with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners too!
St patrick’s day hat craft
So you’ll need a few craft supplies to make this leprechaun crafts preschoolers. Chances are your probabaly already have these things at home!
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Construction Paper: Green, Black and Yellow
leprechaun craft preschool
Start by using the toilet paper roll as a template for the size of green construction paper you need to cover the toilet paper roll. We marked a line based on the top and the bottom of the toilet paper roll. I cut the strip to that width and the length of the paper. You can adjust the length later. First glue one side of the paper on the toilet paper roll, then wrap it around. Glue where it meets up to where the other side of the construction paper is glued on, then you can cut the excess off.
DIY Leprechaun Hat
Next, trace around the circumference of the toilet paper roll to create a top for the hat. We traced it and then cut around it just slightly outside the line so that it would for sure cover the top.
The bottom of the hat is just a larger circle, then glue it on also.
Preschool leprechaun craft
Next, cut a strip of black to go around the base of the hat. Glue it on the same way you did the full green strip. Cut a smaller square out of yellow to resemble the buckle. And you’re all done. How simple was that? I couldn’t believe how quick it was.
After the fact, I thought it would be so cute to hole punch the hat and stick a piece of yarn through it and around my kids’ heads. They could wear the leprechaun hats too!
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- Color by Number Leprechaun Hat Template Free
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!