Make practicing counting to 20 fun with these super cute, free printable Christmas Playdough Mats. This hands-on Christmas Math Activities is a fun way for toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children to practice how to count to 20 in December using play dough! Using an engaging math activity in December is way more fun then using Christmas Math Worksheets.
Christmas Playdough Mats
Children will have fun decorating the Christmas tree counting mat with these free Christmas playdough mats! This Christmas math activity allows toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartens to practice counting 1-10 or counting 1-20 while having fun with a Christmas theme activity perfect for the holiday season in December. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this play based way to work on Christmas math as extra practice, math center in your classroom, or supplement to your homeschool math curriculum.
Now print the Christmas printables in color, on cardstock or laminate for durability. Each page has four counting cards; there is a Christmas tree for numbers 1-20.
Christmas Counting Mats
Carefully use scissors to cut the playdough mats apart. You will have a Christmas tree counting mat 1-20.
Preschoolers will work on one Christmas counting mat at a time. Kids will form playdough ornaments and put the correct number on the tree as indicated on the card.
Christmas Math Activities
Besides allowing kids to count to 20, kids will also learn number words, and tracing numbers.
You can do this activity with mini erasers, unifix cubes, gumdrops / skittles, or a variety of other manipulatives if you prefer!
Looking for more fun Christmas themed, FREE printables for preschoolers in December? You will love these choices:
- Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Easy-to-Make Christmas Hat Craft for Kids
- Fun to make Christmas Playdough Mats
- These Christmas sight Word Games help kids work on reading fluency.
- Kids will have fun practicing patterns with this Free Christmas Patterns Activity
- Help kids work on color recognition with these Stockings Christmas Color Game
- These Christmas Stocking Traceable Letters are a fun way to practice writing alphabet letters
Christmas Playdough Mats
Looking for more Christmas Playdough Mats to make learning fun in December? We’ve go you covered with these:
- Christmas Playdough mats – lots of fun, free, and clever ones to choose form
- Fine Motor Color Matching Christmas Trees – use with pom poms or playdough
- Alphabet Ornaments to use as trace and erase or as a playdough mat
- Counting Cookies Christmas Playdough Mats
- Practice patterns with Gingerbread house Christmas Playdough Mats
- Christmas Playdough Mats – strengthen fine motor skills as kids create wreaths, gingerbread house, Christmas tree, gum drops, and more with these holiday items.
Christmas Tree Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!