Popcorn is not only fun to eat, but makes a fun, inexpensive material to make cute crafts for kids. This adorable popcorn craft is not only fun to make, but perfect for celebrating National Popcorn Day on January 19th. So pop a bown of popcorn, make this cute preschool popcorn craft, and then watch a movie while you eat the leftover supplies. This is a fun craft for preshool, toddler, kindergarten, pre-k, and first grade students.
Do your kids love popcorn like mine? Anytime they get chance they will eat popcorn. While watching movies, going to fairs, or any random afternoon. They love it. Especially when we can get it in the little red and white striped bags. This is the inspiration for this Preschool Popcorn Craft. This fun preschool craft is perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This is a cute addition to your popcorn theme, circus theme, or a movie theme too!
Preschool Popcorn Craft
I personally love crafting anything with my kids, so when they have an idea, we usually run with it.
For this popcorn craft, you’ll need a few simple materials you probabaly already have on hand:
- Red construction paper
- White paper
- Black Marker
- Popped Popcorn
I cut the white paper into the shape of the typical popcorn bag. Then using the extra, I cut out an oval.
We cut stripes from the red paper then saved the rest for the background.
Popcorn Craft for Kids
Glue the red stripes onto the white ‘bag’. Then glue the oval circle on. We wrote POP on the white circle, but you could write anything on it.
Next, we glued the ‘bag’ to the background paper.
Dab some glue dots where you want the popcorn to be. We did it pooling out of the bag and falling down, piling up on the side. That means there is plenty of popcorn for everyone.
Place the popcorn on the glue dots. Let it dry and then you are done.
This is not only a fun craft, but helping children with important skills. Such as, using scissors, gluing adequately and the fine motor strengthening of picking up pieces of popcorn and setting it down. Not only that, it smells good!
- Letter Reversal Popcorn Printables
- Practice sight words with these cute popcorn worksheets
- Alphabetize letters A to Z with this fun popcorn printables activity
- Popcorn themed b and d worksheets
- Count to 10 with this cute Popcorn Activity
- LOTS of fun Popcorn Crafts and Activities for National Popcorn Day January 19th
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic