Kids will want to practicing math this summer with these adorable counting popsicles. This number sense math activity for summer allows preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age chidren to count and dots and mathwith the number. Simply download pdf file with counting puzzle printable and you are ready to play and learn with a summer preschool activities.
Summer preschool activities
Looking for a fun way to get kids to count and show their numbers? These Counting Popsicles are a summer preschool activity to work on counting to 10 while having fun with popsicle printables. Grab the summer printables, cut apart the printable puzzles pieces, and have fun practicing summer with with preschoolers and kindergarnters. Learners will count the dots on the puzzle piece and then match it to the numeral on the corresponding piece.
Counting puzzle printable
Print as many Popsicle template puzzles as you need for the number of students in your class (you could play these in groups. Be sure to laminate the puzzles so you can use them over and over.
Prepare and cut up the laminated puzzles for use. Place them in a seal-able zip lock bag or use a rubber band to keep these puzzles together for easy use. You can also use these in a fun file folder with Velcro.
Ice Cream Printables
The students will then count the dots in each popsicle puzzle piece, they will then look for the corresponding number shown on the other puzzles. If you’d like to differentiate this activity, you certainly can by using the number popsicle puzzles to 5 or ten with groups of students. If they aren’t ready to count just yet, a great alternative activity is to place the popsicle puzzles into a tub of blue water beads (ice) and they will get the cards from the tub and then identify the numbers on the puzzles.
These task can easily be differentiated with your learners. So have the younger kids work on identifying the numbers and more advanced learners working on their counting skills on each puzzle set. This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more counting games and activities. Kids will love counting using popsicles! What a great way to reinforce a love of learning math!
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- You may print as many copies as you ‘d like to use in your classroom, home, or public library.
- Please share by linking to this page. This product may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, 4sShared, Mediafire, email, etc.)
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!