Are you looking for a fun way to help your kids practice their alphabet and handwriting skills this summer? These free printable ice cream playdough mats will help your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students practice letter recognition while working on their fine motor skills. This summer activities for preschool helps kids trace lowercase letters, form letters, begin to identify beginning sounds, and trace words too. Simply print pdf file with ice cream printables and you are ready for this hands-on alphabet ice cream activity for preschoolers.
Summer Activities for Preschool
Sneak in some fun summer learning with these ice cream printables. In this ice cream activity for preschoolers, chidren will use the alphabet playdough mats to form lower case letters, trace the small letters on the ice cream cones, and identify the sound the letter makes. This is such a fun summer activity for preschool children – they won’t even realize they are learning. Add these summer printables to your ice cream theme, summer theme, or as a rainy day activity. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding this to your summer camp or summer learning plans.
Ice Cream Printables
Ice Cream Activities for Preschoolers
These lowercase ice cream alphabet play mats are easy to prepare, just print. If you want to use these pages with playdough, I would recommend laminating these each of these pages or placing them in a page protector. They are so much fun for little ones to practice learning letter recognition as well as working on fine motor skills as they create the letter out of playdough. Children will have a great time learning the letters of the alphabet while working on their hand and finger muscles by rolling the dough, coloring-in or placing markers down.
Alphabet playdough mats
Another fun way to work on their fine motor skills, children could place buttons, counters or pom poms onto the large letter or even trace the letter instead of creating it with playdough. After they have completed this, then they can practice writing the letter four times in the ice cream scoop and then writing the name of the picture that begins with the letter.
There is one mat for each of the lowercase letters of the alphabet only, no uppercase letters. The color of the ice cream scoop differs between eight different colors. These mats could also be used to work on learning these different colors as well.
Ice Cream Activities
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- Kids will go nuts over this edible ice cream sand castle summer snack for kids
- AMAZING, Edible ice cream play doh recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Color Matching Activity for your Ice Cream Theme
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages pdf
- Fun and EASY How to Make ice cream in a bag science experiment worksheet
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
- Try our delicious and EASY How to make homemade ice cream
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- EPIC Ice Cream Volcano
- Cute I Spy I spy ice cream
- Ice Cream Handprint Craft for toddler and preschool kids
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Bubble Wrap and Puffy Paint Ice Cream craft
- Ice Cream Name Craft with free printable template
- Simple, free printable Ice Cream Coloring Pages
Ice Cream Printables
- Work on tracing letter with these free Alphabet ice cream handwriting paper
- Delicious Alphabet Ice Cream alphabet printable Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Check out these Alphabet Mats for your Ice Cream Theme
- Free printable Alphabet Popsicles matching capital and lowercase letters nad beginning sounds too
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this fun letter tracing
- Match the upper and lowercase letter puzzles in this free ice cream game
- Kids will love building their ABCs with these popsicle stick letters free template
- Ice Cream Compound Word Puzzles or this other set of ice cream compound words
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this word endings worksheets and activity
- Printable Digraph Activities for first grade scooping Ice Cream
- Cut and paste sentences ice cream worksheets
- Popsicle Rhyme and Dab Summer Literacy Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
Ice Cream Worksheets
- Ice Cream Scoop Pattern Activity
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Worksheets
- Count to 10 free printable ice cream counting printable math craft
- Popsicle counting – free printable number sense puzzles
- Number Popsicles – count to 10 clip cards are a fun
- Scoop pom-pom ice cream and count 1-10 with this ice cream counting printable
- Ice Cream Worksheets Preschool – count and trace to ten
- Count to 20 as you build with your free printable ice cream sundae template
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN ice cream pattern printable and activity for kids
- Hands-on Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Free Printable Ice Cream Playdough Mats to learn shapes
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Printable Free
Ice Cream Math
Looking for more fun ways to learn this summer with popsicle themed activities? You will love these free printables:
- Free Printable Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Practice adding to 1o with this cute Make 10 Ice Cream Cut and Paste Activity
- Popsicle Division Puzzles with printable popsicle puzzles makes practicing math FUN
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Ice Cream for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Free Printable Place Value Ice Cream Cone
Ice Cream Playdough Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!