Are you looking for a fun way to help your kids practice their alphabet and handwriting skills this summer? These free printable ice cream playdough mats will help your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students practice letter recognition while working on their fine motor skills. This summer activities for preschool helps kids trace lowercase letters, form letters, begin to identify beginning sounds, and trace words too. Simply print pdf file with ice cream printables and you are ready for this hands-on alphabet ice cream activity for preschoolers.
Summer Activities for Preschool
Sneak in some fun summer learning with these ice cream printables. In this ice cream activity for preschoolers, chidren will use the alphabet playdough mats to form lower case letters, trace the small letters on the ice cream cones, and identify the sound the letter makes. This is such a fun summer activity for preschool children – they won’t even realize they are learning. Add these summer printables to your ice cream theme, summer theme, or as a rainy day activity. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love adding this to your summer camp or summer learning plans.
Ice Cream Printables
Ice Cream Activities for Preschoolers
These lowercase ice cream alphabet play mats are easy to prepare, just print. If you want to use these pages with playdough, I would recommend laminating these each of these pages or placing them in a page protector. They are so much fun for little ones to practice learning letter recognition as well as working on fine motor skills as they create the letter out of playdough. Children will have a great time learning the letters of the alphabet while working on their hand and finger muscles by rolling the dough, coloring-in or placing markers down.
Alphabet playdough mats
Another fun way to work on their fine motor skills, children could place buttons, counters or pom poms onto the large letter or even trace the letter instead of creating it with playdough. After they have completed this, then they can practice writing the letter four times in the ice cream scoop and then writing the name of the picture that begins with the letter.
There is one mat for each of the lowercase letters of the alphabet only, no uppercase letters. The color of the ice cream scoop differs between eight different colors. These mats could also be used to work on learning these different colors as well.
Ice Cream Printables
If you are looking for more ice cream activities to add to your ice cream theme of summer learning, check these out!
- AMAZING, Edible Play Doh Ice Cream Recipe that scoops like ice creaam!
- Ice Cream Themed, Summer Bucket List Ideas
- Work on tracing letter with these free printable Ice Cream Alphabet
- Delicious Ice Cream Alphabet Puzzles to help kids practice matching upper and lowercase letters
- Plus check out these Ice Cream Alpabet Playdough Mats
- I is for Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Practice adding to to with these cute Ice Cream Make 10 Game
- Cute, Hands-on Ice Cream Number Bonds Practice
- Printable Digraph Activity scooping Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Compound Words Activity
- Count to 20 as you Build your Ice Cream Math Sundae
- TONS of cute Ice Cream Craft Preschool
- Simple Ice Cream Coloring Pages
- Fun and EASY How to Make your own Ice Cream in a Bag
- Scoop up Ice Cream Counting Printable
- Ice Cream Math Game Book Based Activity for Kindergartners
- I is for Ice Cream handart project for kids
- Practice completing patterns with this FUN Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Fun Ice Cream themed Shape Playdough Mats
- FUN Ice Cream Place Value Activity fo kindergarten and first graders
- Or scoop a sunday with this Place Value Activity for grade 1, grade 2, and grade 3 students
- Cut and paste sentences with this Sentence Scrambles to make your own Ice Cream Reader for pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students
- Practice adding Ice Cream scoop endings to words with this suffixes activity
- Color Matching Ice Cream Activity
- Try our delicious and EASY homemade vanilla ice cream
- Or whip up some ice cream this winter with this outrageously fun and super YUMMY How to Make Snow Ice Cream
- Practice Addition with this Ice Cream Math task cards using playdough!
- Cute Ice Cream I Spy Worksheet
- Make practicing math fun with these fun Ice Cream Math Worksheets
- Simple Ice Cream craft using washi tape for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners.
- Fun-to-Make, Printable Ice Cream Math Craft
- Summer activities for preschoolers making Popsicle Alphabet Puzzles
- Ice Cream Division Puzzles make practicing math FUN
- Popsicle Count to 10 clip cards are a fun, educational Summer Activities for Preschoolers
- Trace the Letters on the Alphabet Popsicles in this Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Work on Number Sense with these Counting Summer Activity for Preschool Puzzles
- 2 ingredient Gummy Bear Popsicles are so COLORFUL and EASY!
Ice Cream Playdough Mats
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!