Are you looking for a fun way to help your kids practice their alphabet and handwriting skills this summer? These free printable lowercase ice cream alphabet play mats will help your kindergarten and preschool students practice letter recognition while working on their fine motor skills.
Ice Cream Themed Activities
- Color Sorting Ice Cream Activity
- Ice Cream Addition Cards
- Shape Ice Cream Playdough Cards
- Ice Cream Patterns for Kids
- Popsicle Stick Letter Printables
- How to Make Ice Cream in a Bag
- Ice Cream Cone Alphabet Tracing
- Count to 10 Ice Cream Math Craft
- Ice Cream Sundae Count to 20 Cards
Alphabet Playdough Mats
These lowercase ice cream alphabet play mats are easy to prepare, just download, print. If you want to use these pages with playdough, I would recommend laminating these each of these pages or placing them in a page protector. They are so much fun for little ones to practice learning letter recognition as well as working on fine motor skills as they create the letter out of playdough. Children will have a great time learning the letters of the alphabet while working on their hand and finger muscles by rolling the dough, coloring-in or placing markers down.
Another fun way to work on their fine motor skills, children could place buttons, counters or pom poms onto the large letter or even trace the letter instead of creating it with playdough. After they have completed this, then they can practice writing the letter four times in the ice cream scoop and then writing the name of the picture that begins with the letter.
There is one mat for each of the lowercase letters of the alphabet only, no uppercase letters. The color of the ice cream scoop differs between eight different colors. These mats could also be used to work on learning these different colors as well.
HINT: We suggest using our amazing, Edible Ice Cream Playdough recipe for this activity.
More FREE Preschool Printables
Looking for some more fun and FREE preschool printables? Your students will love practicing counting to 10 with these Fruit Lops Ten Frame Counting Cards. Or practice listening for beginning sounds in these fun-to-color Free Alphabet Coloring Pages. Next snack time practice one to one correspondence with these Fish Cracker Counting Cards.
Download Ice Cream Playdough Mats
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!