Kids will have fun practicing sorting shapes with this hands-on summer activity for preschool! Using these shape worksheets pre-k and kindergarten age children will sort the popsicles by the featured shape for kids. Simply download pdf file with popsicle printable and you are ready to play and learn with this shape activity for preschoolers!
Summer Activity for Preschoolers
Get ready for a fun summer math activity! In this summer activity for preschoolers and kindergarnters children will sort the popsicle printables by the featured shape on the inside and trace the shape name or shape word on the shape mat. This shape activity is a great way to practice and learn preschool shapes while having fun with a popsicle theme or summer theme activity for June, July, and August.
Shape Activity for Preschoolers
These mats are easy to prepare, just download, print, and place in a page protector and you are ready to play with these Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats. They are so much fun for little ones to practice learning there shapes. They can use playdough to recreate the shape on the image on the mat, before placing the correct popsicle shape cards in the boxes on the bottom of the page.
In this pack, there are seven different shapes that will be reviewed – circle, star, square, triangle, rectangle, heart and diamond. There are four cards that are to be matched with each shape sorting mat. Each shape has one red, blue, yellow and green matching popsicle. These cards could also be used to learn the primary colors.
Children will have a great time learning their shapes while working on their hand and finger muscles by rolling the dough which they can use to create the shape and place it on the popsicle on the mat. The could also color in the popsicle on the mat as well.
The name of the shape is also written on each mat. Children will have fun while connecting the picture of the shape to the word name of the shape, while tracing the word.
These mats will provide hours of fun in most settings, even as an independent activity as part of a Math center.
HINT: Try using our Amazing Kool Aid Playdough Recipe for an easy, wonderful smelling playdough with your spring shape playdough mats! Or, if you want to try a different recipe, create your own super smooth playdough or relaxing playdough.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Looking for more fun, FREE preschool printables that make learning fun? Check these out!
- Alphabet Tracing Popsicles
- Popsicle Phonics Alphabet Puzzles
- Shape Ice Cream Playdough Mats
- Fish Letter Find
- Pirate Color by Number
- Construction Worksheets
- Letter Tracing Sandcastles
- Printable Birthday Hats
- Watermelon Alphabet Mats
- Pets Playdough Mats
- Learning Colors with Goodnight Gorilla
- Goldfish Counting Cards
Download Summer Shape Activity
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!