This super cute whale craft allows children to make a cute whale arts and crafts while at the same time strengthening oral muscles with a blow painting with straws. This whale craft idea is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders too. Simply print whale printable template and you are ready to make this fun ocean craft for kids.
Kids are naturally fascinated with the largest mamamal on earth – whales! These whale crafts allow children to strengthen skills with a blow painting for kids while making an under the sea craft at the same time. This whale craft for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students uses a printable whale tempalte. There are 5 different whale templates to choose from from a blue whale to a kiler whale (orca), beluga whale, humpack whale, and more! This whale craft for kids is perfect for an ocean theme, fish unit, W is for whale letter of the week craft, and more!
Whale craft preschool
Whale craft ideas
Alll you need to make this super cute whale craft are a few simple materials:
- whale template (below)
- blue watercolor paint
Blow painting for kids
Start by printing the pages of the attached file. Now color the whale whale with crayons, markers, or colored pencils. You can use any color you like but we stuck with different shades of blue, black, or gray.
Blow Painting with Straws
Use a paintbrush to place small drops of blue paint on the whale’s blowhole only.
Whale craft for kids
Use a straw to blow the paint up and away from the blowhole to resemble the vapor coming out.
Whale arts and crafts
Repeat this step as desired.
Whale craft for preschoolers
Allow the project to dry completely.Meanwhile you can make a different whale craft project.
You can stop here or cut out the whale to make a picture, collage, or school project.
This is such a great way for kids to improve oral skills while having fun making a craft.
Ocean Craft for Preschoolers
Don’t forget to share this post with others!
Looking for more fun kids activities and other ideas to keep kids engaged, learning, and having fun? Check out these:
- EASY Pool Noodle Race Track for Kids
- Mentos and Soda Experiment
- Rainbow Eruptions – Preschool Summer Activity
- Baking Soda Clay
- Amazing Baking Soda Slime
- 30 Homemade Bird Feeders to make
- EPIC Water Balloon Painting Activities
- Fun-to-Make DIY Foosball Table – Stem Project for kids
- Simple Popsicle Stick Catapult project for kids
- 100+ Zoo Animal Crafts
- Summer STEM Ice Boat Races
- Easy Marshmallow Shooter
- Heat Sensitivie Color Changing Slime Recipe
- 100 Exciting Year-Round Science Experiments for Kids
- Vibrant Sidewalk Chalk Paint
- 25+ Water Balloon Games for Summer fun
- Outrageously fun Vinegar and Baking Soda Rocket
- Epic Squirt Gun Painting
Things to Do with Kids
- Edible Peanut Butter Playdough
- Shape Recognition Activity for Kids
- Rainbow Painting with Cars
- Grass Head Summer Activity for Kids
- Printable Lego Activities for Kids
- Silly Bouncy Egg
- Easy Sand Volcano with NO clean-up
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime
- Strawberry Scented Jello Playdough Recipe
- Snake Bubbles
- Beautiful Capillary Action Experiment
- Puffy Paint Recipes and Projects for Kids
- Kool Aid Watermelon Playdough
- LOTS of Fun Sidewalk Chalk Games
- 75+ Free Printable Scavenger Hunts for Kids
- Exploding Paint Film Canister Science Art Project
- Watermelon Squish Bag
- Simple Blooming Flowers Capillary Action Experiment
- Mow the Grass Alphabet Activity
- 4th of July Fireworks Craft
- Balloon Painting Art Project for Preschoolers
- Puffy Paint Ice Cream Craft
- Summer pLaydough Mats
- Suncatcher Sun Craft for Preschoolers
- Butterfly Pasta Craft
- Ice Cream Preschool Name Activity
- Sandcastle Number Tracing Summer Worksheets for Preschool
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics purchased and used with permission
- This is not a licensed product, it was inspired by the book only.
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!