Learn all about digging, building, and construction with your preschooler using this Construction Preschool Theme!
Your kids will love these engaging activities, printables, and crafts.
Little kids are fascinated with tractors, digging, creating, and building! I think because it’s amazing to watch something be created out of NOTHING! Either way, they have a natural interest and curiosity which makes construction a great topic to include as a weekly theme. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love all these clever resources to make your own construction preschool theme.
Use these fun, free, and clever ideas for making your construction lesson plan for preschool or toddlers and pre k.
Construction Preschool Theme
Books to Read
Use one of these two options for using books in your construction theme: Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday. Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
Construction Crafts for Preschoolers
Preschool Construction Math Activities
- Practice counting with a fun construction site color by number
- Use this counting math with play dough for a fun math activity
- Play a ten frame math game with magnetic tiles
- Count how many rolls you use when you make a sandcastle from cardboard rolls
Preschool Construction Literacy activities
- Practice letters with a construction letter tracing activity
- Construct roads with a sight word crazy road game
- Enjoy a construction letter sorting activity
- Your kids will love construction letter building activity
- Create a construction site alphabet sensory bin
- Play with a Goodnight Construction Site ABC Dig and Construct
Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Your kids will have a blast playing with epic construction slime
- Put together a construction site sensory bin
- Try making a construction site using kinetic sand
- Enjoy a construction stem activity
- Play with a construction small world
- Your kids will love this dig, dump, roll with edible chocolate dirt
Construction Printables for Preschoolers
- Construction Theme Bundle
- Learn how construction workers are community helpers with this Free Community Helpers Book
- Chat about how construction workers build roads for transportation while you complete this free transportation handwriting printable
Construction activities for kids
Looking for more fun, FREE, and clever construction themed activities for kids?
- Try this Construction Free Phonics Game where kids will listen for beginning sounds and put that box on the correct truck. There are optional boxes to match upper and lowercase letters too!
- Construction Worksheets. to practice a variety of math and literacy skills
- Constructin preschool sight word activities with a fun-to-play, free printable board game!
- Tools matching upper and lowercase letters game printable
- Construction theme Preschool with lots of clever and fun ideas
- Tools Playdough Mats
- Construction Playdough Mats – Counting to 20 Math Activity for Preschoolers
- Trace the Alphabet Letters on these cute Construction Printables
- HUGE pack of Construction Worksheets for practicing a variety of skills
- Free printable letter tracing construction worksheet
- I know my Tools Printable Reader for Construction Worksheets
- Construction Printables Letter Tracing Strips
- EPIC Construction SLIME recipe for playing with construction trucks laying a road
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic