Have you ever explored the activity of Salt Painting with your kids. It has a few steps, but it is worth every one! This is not your average water color painting, it goes beyond the normal. Kids will love this fun Valentines Day activity. Celebrate Valentine’s Day on Feburary 14th by making this beautiful, easy-to-make Valentines day craft! Simply download pdf file with valentines day printables and you are ready to make a pretty art project with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergaten, and first grade student.
Valentines Day Activity
This super cute valentines day activity for preschoolers is a fun way for kids to work on fine motor skills while making a beautiful preschool valentines day craft. This is a fun heart craft to make with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students for February. Use this salt painting to decorate your home, give to a friend, or as a valentines day card homemade. Use this painting with salt at home or at school.
Valentines Day Craft Template
We created multiple templates for this activity. We have Valentine’s Day monsters, a ‘Bee Mine’ bee, LOVE with hearts, Mi Amor (Spanish for My Love) with hearts, a patterned heart (pictured) and a LOVE Conversation Heart. You don’t HAVE to use one of these templates, if your children would like to create their own, have them start by drawing the picture they eventually want to paint.
Valentines Day Craft
To make this cute valentines craft you will only need a few simple materials you probably already have at home. So gather up these supplies and you are ready to make a fun February craft for kids.
- Printable Templates
- Table Salt
- White Glue
- Watercolor Paints
- Paint Brushes
Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
You don’t HAVE to use one of these templates, if your children would like to create their own, have them start by drawing the picture they eventually want to paint.
Start the activity with white glue. We used the bottle of glue as you would with a pencil, but if you don’t have a bottle, you can also use a paint brush dipped in glue.
Trace the lines that you would like to be painted.
Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
Before the glue dries, shake salt over the paper so that it attaches to the glue. I sprinkled quite a bit of salt on the paper. It goes against my ‘don’t be wasteful’ philosophy but this container of salt cost me 38 cents. If you don’t want to waste, you can sprinkle on some and then pick up the paper and swish the salt around so that it gets stuck to the glue. This is a good option if you are almost out of salt too. You can make it work.
Once the glue is covered in salt, shake off the extra. Set the paper aside to let the glue dry.
Valentines Day Activity for Toddlers
When the glue has dried completely, grab a bowl of water, paint brushes and your watercolor paints.
The trick that we learned quickly is to have the paintbrush saturated with water and paint. It isn’t like typical watercolor painting, you want the brush to be full of water and color. When you set the paintbrush on top of the salt, the color will spread. It is magical.
Follow along the salt, adding color along the way. When you’re done, set it aside and let it dry again.
It is so pretty and sparkly. This is a fabulous art and science activity for Valentine’s Day!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
- Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- EASY Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Valentines day printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!