Have you ever explored the activity of Salt Painting with your kids. It has a few steps, but it is worth every one! This is not your average water color painting, it goes beyond the normal. Kids will love this fun Valentines Day activity. Celebrate Valentine’s Day on Feburary 14th by making this beautiful, easy-to-make Valentines day craft! Simply print pdf file with valentines day printables and you are ready to make a pretty art project with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergaten, and first grade student.
Valentines Day Activity
This super cute valentines day activity for preschoolers is a fun way for kids to work on fine motor skills while making a beautiful preschool valentines day craft. This is a fun heart craft to make with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students for February. Use this salt painting to decorate your home, give to a friend, or as a valentines day card homemade. Use this painting with salt at home or at school.
Valentines Day Craft Template
We created multiple templates for this activity. We have Valentine’s Day monsters, a ‘Bee Mine’ bee, LOVE with hearts, Mi Amor (Spanish for My Love) with hearts, a patterned heart (pictured) and a LOVE Conversation Heart. You don’t HAVE to use one of these templates, if your children would like to create their own, have them start by drawing the picture they eventually want to paint.
Valentines Day Craft
To make this cute valentines craft you will only need a few simple materials you probably already have at home. So gather up these supplies and you are ready to make a fun February craft for kids.
- Printable Templates
- Table Salt
- White Glue
- Watercolor Paints
- Paint Brushes
Valentines Day Craft for Preschoolers
You don’t HAVE to use one of these templates, if your children would like to create their own, have them start by drawing the picture they eventually want to paint.
Start the activity with white glue. We used the bottle of glue as you would with a pencil, but if you don’t have a bottle, you can also use a paint brush dipped in glue.
Trace the lines that you would like to be painted.
Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
Before the glue dries, shake salt over the paper so that it attaches to the glue. I sprinkled quite a bit of salt on the paper. It goes against my ‘don’t be wasteful’ philosophy but this container of salt cost me 38 cents. If you don’t want to waste, you can sprinkle on some and then pick up the paper and swish the salt around so that it gets stuck to the glue. This is a good option if you are almost out of salt too. You can make it work.
Once the glue is covered in salt, shake off the extra. Set the paper aside to let the glue dry.
Valentines Day Activity for Toddlers
When the glue has dried completely, grab a bowl of water, paint brushes and your watercolor paints.
The trick that we learned quickly is to have the paintbrush saturated with water and paint. It isn’t like typical watercolor painting, you want the brush to be full of water and color. When you set the paintbrush on top of the salt, the color will spread. It is magical.
Follow along the salt, adding color along the way. When you’re done, set it aside and let it dry again.
It is so pretty and sparkly. This is a fabulous art and science activity for Valentine’s Day!
Looking for more fun preschool science experiments to try this February? Check out these ideas!
- These super cute and EASY Science Valentines use science to blow up a balloon to reveal a hidden message
- Simply science fun Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Kids will be amazed with this fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Experiment making slt crystal hearts in February
- February themed, Simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk activity
- Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- 25 Epic Valentines Day Science Experiments for kids
Valentines Day Activities
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love!
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Red Hot Valentines Slime recipe for kids
- Simple Oil and Water Valentines Day Science for kids
- Simple Dancing Conversation Hearts Experiment – Valentines day activities for preschoolers and kids of all ages!
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for preschool – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free pritnable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies (pictured above)
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Chocolate Sight Words Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers – matching activity to practice identifying and reading key sight words.
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Color by Sight Word Valentine Worksheets – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Valentines Day Sight Words Mats – super cute, low prep activity for practicing bulding sight words
- Pre-writing Valentine Worksheets for preschool
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s day worksheets for preschoolers! There are over 30 different sucte, clever activities for Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten age kids!
Valentines Day Math
- Free Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Valentines Roll and Cover math activity for working on number sense
- Valentines Day Worksheets learning about symmetry with drawing prompts.
- Heart Penguin Skip Counting Strips – simple Valentine math for kindergartners
- Love Monster Ten Frame Valentines Day Math Activities
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Free Snap Cubes Template cards for valenties day
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Crafts & Activities
- 30 Fabulous February Crafts for kids of all ages
- Valentines Day Crafts for Kids – even more unique and creative heart crafts for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Valentine Cookie Bath for Kids
- Heart Sticker Valentine projects for toddlers – super cute and precious Valentines Day craft for kids
- Learn about famous artists with this beautiful Matisse Valentines Art Project
- 26 Valentines Day Projects for Kids to make with their hands
- 21 Conversation Heart Crafts for Kids – kids will have fun crafting with this traditional valentine candy
- Valentines Day Countdown Craft for kids
- H is for heart worksheeet and simple hand art craft
- Heart Mobile Valentine’s day craft ideas – super cute and simple craft for February
- Simple Salt Painting Valentines Day activities for preschoolers with free templates
- Cactus valentine craft – free printable valentine activities for preschoolers to cut and paste
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- I spy Valentine Worksheet – this is a fun valentines day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine
- Valentine coloring pages for preschool – kids will have fun improving coordination and strengthning fine motor skills with these pre writing pages.
- Free Valentines Day Pre-Writing Worksheets – fun way for kids to strenthen hand muscles and cordination with a fun February theme.
- Sunday school valentine crafts – perfect February craft for students learning about the ten commandments
- Simple, Free Valentines day coloring pages pdf – simple coloring pages perfect for toddler, preschool, and kindergartners
Valentines Day Printables
- February Stories for Kids – you will love that all the planning is done for you with our free printable calendars! Each day has a book and activity based on a fun holiday or special day!
- February Family Meal Planner – take all the work out of planning meals with our printable menu and grocery list!
- Grab these super cute valentine’s day coupons for your spouds or kids!
- Our kids favorite tradition! Grab these FREE printable Valentine Hearts on Bedroom Door to leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Free Printable Slime Valentines for classmates and friends
- Pencil Valentine Printable for kids to share
- Plus don’t forget to grab these valentine books for preschool or take a peak at our Preschool Valentine Ideas or our Valentines Day Theme for Elementary age students.
Valentines day printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers please see my TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles License #94836 and Digi Web Studio
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!