This fun, hands on Counting with Goldfish Activity is a great way for toddler, preschool, prek, and kindergarten age kids to practice counting to 12.
More FREE Counting Activities for Kids
- Spring Count and Trace Strips
- Flower Preschool Counting Game
- Ice Cream Counting Cards
- Fun Pizza Counting Activity
- Spaghetti & Meatballs Counting Game
- Acorn Counting Game
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers
Counting with Goldfish Activity
Somehow, snacks make everything more fun! This clever, free printable count to 12 Preschool Math with Fish Crackers activity is sure to make learning exciting for kids.
This activity is NO PREP! Just print the preschool math worksheet, grab a dice, and a handful of goldfish crackers and you are ready for this Preschool Math with Fish Crackers There are two options to choose from:
- Count to 6 using one dice (available in color or black and white)
- Count to 12 using two dice (available in color or black and white)
This is such a fun goldfish cracker activity! Each participant needs their own mat (color or black and white) and a handful of goldfish crackers. Take turns rolling one dice and counting the dots. Then place a fish cracker on top of a fish with the same number. Continue playing until all the fish in the bowl are covered.
One option is you can use this math activities for preschoolers in black and white. This will help save money in printing costs. Then you can use it with goldfish crackers like above, or if your child has food allergies, you can just color in the fish instead of putting the snack fish on top.
This is such a fun counting games for kids using a hands on manipulative! This second version takes it a step further by having preschoolers roll two dice, counting dots up to 12, and then covering the correctly numbered goldfish.
HINT: If you laminate your math printable it is a great reusable snack mat for home preschool or math centers.
More Free Goldfish Activities Kids will LOVE!
Don’t miss these other fun fish themed printables from our three sites.
Download Goldfish Math Activities for Preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!