Help kids practice alphabet matching letters from A to Z with this super cute spring flower printable activity! Preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children will work on upper and lowercase letter recognition with a fun alphabet matching game! Simply download pdf file with spring worksheets for preschool and you are ready to play and learn matching uppercase flower pots with pretty tulips to lowercase raindrops
The phrase is common but it’s one that rings true at the same time. April Showers Bring May Flowers. Yes they do. Spring rain is sometimes so refreshing and relaxing even. It feels like it’s nature’s way of cleansing the earth of winter and making way for summer!! I don’t necessarily love super hot temperatures or humidity, but I do love sunshine. That being said, I can handle April showers because they bring May flowers!! This letter matching activity is themed with just that, flowers & rain! This alphabet matching is a fun, free printable for preschoolers and kindergartners to sneak in a fun, educational activity in the spring.
Identifying and recognizing letters, both upper and lowercase is an important part of children beginning to learn to read. Without this core knowledge, it is impossible for reading to sprout. (Like what I did there?) This letter match game is the perfect way to help kids match up upper and lowercase letters. This is a super fun and engaging activity, one that kids will actually ASK to play!
Alphabet Matching Game
Here are the materials needed to play this spring letter recognition game!
- Paper & Printer
- Velcro (Optional)
Spring Worksheets for Preschool
There are 5 different flower pot mats to choose from in this spring printable preschool. They are the same, just with different color flowers. Also included in this spring printables are:
- raindrop lowercase letters
- Uppercase letter flower pots
I like to print them out, cut out each piece then laminate. I know how hard my kids can be on a piece of paper and I want this activity to last more than 5 minutes – so lamination is a must. If you choose not to laminate the flower pot mats, they could be put inside a dry erase pocket, but I would suggest laminating the flower pot and raindrop letters.
Preschool Alphabet Lesson Plans
Not only is the prep simple, but playing is too! Either you or your child pick an uppercase letter flower pot. Set it on the flowerpot on the mat. This is the letter that the child is to focus on.
Now it is time to mix up the lowercase letters rain drops. We have turned them upside down on a table and flipped over one at a time, seeing if they match and if not putting them in a discard pile. If they do match, place the raindrop on the flower pot mat.
You could also use the same concept but put the raindrops in a sensory bin, as a scavenger hunt around the room or how ever you would like! Not only is this activity versatile but it is a fun way to help kids learn and reiterate lower and uppercase letters! This is a great activity for preschoolers or kindergarteners!
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!
Looking for some fun, educational spring theme ideas to make learning fun this April and May? Check out these fun resources:
- Cute, free printable Flower Shape Craft for kids
- Flower Rhyming Words Worksheet
- Sunflower Alphabet Matching
- Flower Mazes – Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Pretty Flower Name of Number Puzzles
- F is for Flower Handprint Craft
- Count to 20 Spring Playdough Mats
- Rainbow Shape Playdough Mats
- Spring Do a Dot Printables
- Flower Letter Matching Printable
- Grow a Plant Sequencing Worksheets
- Fun Spring Flower SIght Word Game
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Sight Word Preschool Sight Word Worksheet for Spring
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners
Spring Printable Preschool
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!