This free printable, pirate themed Shape Reader is a great way to work on reading skills while learning about a variety of different shapes. Use this pirate printables as part of a pirate theme for preschool, pre-k, toddler, and kindergarten age students. Children will trace the shapes, learn shape names, and have fun with this shape printables. Simply print pdf file with shape worksheets and you ar ready to color the cute pirate clipart and trace shapes in this fun shape activities.
These super cute, free and low-prep pirate themed shape printables are a great way to teach children about fifteen different 2D shapes. With this reader, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners can learn the names of shapes while practicing drawing the shapes. The shape activity for kids includes circle, oval, heart, crescent, square, triangle, rectangle, rhombus, trapezoid, star, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon, and octagon. They will also be working on their reading skills as they read the book, and their fine motor skills as they color in the pictures.
As children trace the shapes in this reader, they will to recognize the shapes, how many corners and sides they have, as well as how to say and spell the name of the shape. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun way to introduce shapes for kids!
Young students learn best when they are having fun and are engaged with the material. Using a fun pirate themed activity to learn and practice shapes is a great way to make learning fun!
This printable pack comes completely in black and white for easier and cheaper printing.
This is where the fun begins. As children read the short sentence that focuses on the sight word ‘see’, they will also learn the name of the shape. They can circle or underline the name of the shape if they wish. Then they can use a crayon or marker to trace the shape. They could also create this shape out of playdough if they wish.
Once they have grasped the shape, they can enjoy coloring in and decorating the pirate on the page.
Shapes for Preschoolers
One of the skills that pre k, preschool, and kindergarten students must master is learning shapes for preschoolers. There are a total of fifteen different 2D shapes that they will learn that include: circle, oval, drop, heart, crescent, triangle, square, rectangle, rhombus, trapezoid, star, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon and octagon.
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Pirate Shape Emergent Reader
Before you grab your Watermelon Counting Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All material provided on this blog is copyright protected.