This pirate themed Shape Reader is a great way to work on reading skills while learning about a variety of different shapes. Use this free printable as part of a pirate theme for preschoolers, pre k, toddlers, and kindergartners.
These super cute, free and low-prep pirate themed readers are a great way to teach children about fifteen different 2D shapes. With this reader, toddler as well as children in preschool, prek, and kindergarten students can learn the names of shapes while practicing drawing the shapes. They will also be working on their reading skills as they read the book, and their fine motor skills as they color in the pictures.
As children trace the shapes in this reader, they will to recognize the shapes, how many corners and sides they have, as well as how to say and spell the name of the shape. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this fun way to introduce shapes for kids!
You can find our ever growing collection of fun, shape activities for preschoolers here.
Pirate Theme for Preschoolers
Young students learn best when they are having fun and are engaged with the material. Using a fun pirate themed activity to learn and practice shapes is a great way to make learning fun!
This printable pack comes completely in black and white for easier and cheaper printing.
This is where the fun begins. As children read the short sentence that focuses on the sight word ‘see’, they will also learn the name of the shape. They can circle or underline the name of the shape if they wish. Then they can use a crayon or marker to trace the shape. They could also create this shape out of playdough if they wish.
Once they have grasped the shape, they can enjoy coloring in and decorating the pirate on the page.
Shapes for Preschoolers
One of the skills that pre k, preschool, and kindergarten students must master is learning shapes for preschoolers. There are a total of fifteen different 2D shapes that they will learn that include: circle, oval, drop, heart, crescent, triangle, square, rectangle, rhombus, trapezoid, star, pentagon, hexagon, heptagon and octagon.
Looking for more pirate themed worksheets and activities to add to your week? Check out these free resources:
- Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Preschool Pirate Theme Ideas
- Pirate Themed Worksheets for practicing math and literacy skills with pre k, kindergarten, and grade 1
- Free Pirate Coloring Pages
- Peter Pan Greater Than, Less Than
- Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets for practicing math and literacy skills
- Pirate Tracing Pages
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Download Pirate Shape Emergent Reader
Before you download your Watermelon Counting Template, you agree to the following:
- This set is for personal and classroom use only.
- This printable set may not be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other website or electronic retrieval system.
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- All downloadable material provided on this blog is copyright protected.
>> Download Shape Reader <<