Help kids learn a variety of math and literacy with this fun preschool sports theme! These sports activities for preschoolers include basketball, soccer, football, swiming, olympics, and more. From sports math to sports themed literacy, sports worksheets to sports games, and of course sports crafts for kids and sports activities too.
Sports activities for preschoolers
Little kids love learning about sports! Perhaps it’s because they watch sports on the television and the games are exciting for children to watch. And it’s fun to play sports. Either way, children have a natural interest and curiosity which makes sports a great topic to include as a weekly theme. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love all these clever resources to make your own sports preschool theme. Use these fun, free, and delightful ideas for making your sports lesson plan for preschool or toddlers and, preschoolers, and kindergarteners.
Sports theme preschool
As you plan your Sports day theme for preschool, pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
Sports Books for Preschoolers
Use one of these two options for using books in your sports theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Sports lesson plan for preschool
Try one of these sports crafts for preschoolers to add to your fun sports theme week. From football crafts to soccer crafts and more – your students are sure to like these fun sports craft ideas!
- Make a fingerprint football
- Create a cardboard box football or soccer themed foosball table
- Try your hand at a woven football craft
- Make a soccer cootie catcher
- Put together this Poppy Cat soccer/football craft
Preschool sports activities
- Learn about even and odd numbers with a snowball activity
- Challenge your kids with some baseball printable division games
- Write numbers with these pool writing numbers cards
- Practice counting using a soccer-themed fingerprint counting printable
Sports theme for preschool
- Practice sight words with a fun basketball activity
- Play a basketball alphabet game
- Check out this fun tennis racket & ball alphabet match
- Enjoy some snowball word blends
- Try some baseball CVC rhyming words
- Match lower and uppercase letters with a swimming goggles activity
Preschool sports theme
- Play some Basketball Learning Games
- Enjoy a soccer unit study
- Make Olympic Pretzels
- Check out these 10 fun gross motor balloon tennis games
- Make a football sensory bin
- Learn why balls bounce
Preschool sports themed printables
- Ancient Greek Printable Book (includes Olympics)
- Surfboard Opposites Puzzles
- Argentina for Kids (includes a look at soccer/football)
- Common Noun vs Proper Noun Basketball (free printable)
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic