Ahoy, me hearties! Children will have fun diving into this Pirate Preschool Theme filled with cute pirate crafts, educational activities, and pirate learning ideas for toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age kids.
Pirate Theme for Preschoolers
Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pirate’s Life for Me! Pirates seem to have a universal appeal to kids and adults alike. So find a pirate costume or make your own with a tattered white t-shirt, red sash around your waist, black construction paper and string eye patch, and a pirate hat and you are ready for an epic Pirate Theme for Preschoolers.
While we won’t be heading to the high seas, we will be using our imagination and a lot of clever ideas to complete our week-long pirate theme for toddlers, preschoolers, prek, and kindergartners. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will enjoy these educational activities for learning math, English, and more!
Pirate Preschool Theme
Use one of these two options for using books in your Pirate theme:
- Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday.
- Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
You will love adding these pirate craft ideas to your preschool theme. Not only are they fun to make, but crafts are a great way to strengthen fine motor skills and improve coordination as kids learn to cut, paste, and color.
- Make a pirate treasure chest
- Create pirate treasure for your chest
- Put together a pirate ship
- Craft a pirate from a wooden spoon
- Try this easy DIY pirate hook
- And don’t forget about a pirate hat, beard, and eye patch
- Turn a paper bowl into a pirate
- Make a handprint pirate craft
- Try these easy pirate cork boats
- Turn paper bags into pirates
- Your kids will love pirate finger puppets
Pirate Math Activities
- Play a pirate place value game
- Practice counting with these color-by-number pirate printables
- Play a pirate math sorting game
- Enjoy learning about place value with pirate-themed place value cards
- Count coins with this fun pirate easy reader
- Play a pirate rounding printable game
Pirate Literacy Activities
- Enjoy pirate handwriting printable with your kids
- Color by sight words
- Try an alphabet sight word treasure hunt
- Read a pirate-themed easy reader (and work on the SH digraph)
- Or read this pirate-themed ABC easy reader
- Practice cutting with a pirate printable
These epic pirate activities for kids are sure to be a hit with your students!
- Discover if it sinks or floats pirate style
- Explore a LEGO pirate challenge
- Try an unplugged treasure hunt coding activity
- Your kids will love science fun with exploding treasure chests
- Make sunken treasure discovery bottles
- Try edible treasure chests
Plus, don’t forget to grab these free pirate printables
- Pirate Coloring Sheets
- Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Pirate Theme Worskheets
- Gingerbread Pirate Theme Worksheets
- Pirate Puppet Printables
- I Spy Game
- Printable Pirate Games for Kids
- Pirate Preschool Printables
- Preschool Pirate Themed Printables
- Pirate Dot-to-Dot Printable Pack
- Pirate Sudoku
- Pirate Printable Tracing Strips
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!