Pirate Ship Craft
Whether you are celebrating pirate day on September 19, adding it to a pirate theme, or just expaning on a topic your child loves, this cute Pirate Ship Craft is sure to be a hit! Your child will love personalizing their paper pirate ship! Use this pirate craft for preschoolers with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students.
Pirate Ship Craft
Dress like a pirate day has always been one of my favorite dress up days in our house. It becomes so fun. We start using pirate talk, dress like one and even pretend we are pirates. There is so much that goes into a pirate’s life that it never gets boring! This week, we made a super cute and simple Paper Plate Pirate Ship Craft. This Pirate Ship Craft for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners was so easy and so much fun!
Paper pirate ship
To make this fun, simple ship pirate craft you will need a few simple materials you probably already have on hand;
- Half of a Paper Plate
- Construction Paper: Brown, Black,
- Popsicle Stick
Pirate craft for preschoolers
Start your pirate craft for kids by cutting a paper plate directly in half. If you have two kids making this craft, that is perfect – they can each have a half.
Trace the half of a paper plate onto a piece of brown construction paper. This becomes the ship itself. Glue this onto the paper plate.
Next, cut out three circles and a pirate flag from black construction paper.
Take the flag and glue it onto the popsicle stick, then glue the bottom of the popsicle stick to the back of the paper plate aka ship.
Glue the black circles onto the ship. These represent the cannons that are on a pirate ship.
Pirate boat craft
You can add more decorations to this pirate ship craft ideas, but it is not necessary. If your child is the extra creative type, let them go for whatever they want to do. Add other weapons, a treasure chest, a skull on the flag or whatever their heart decides.
This is so fun no matter the time of year, but it is extra fun during Pirate week!
Not only is this fun but it is helping children strengthen necessary skills. Tracing is a hard skill to master, so practicing on something as simple as this pirate ship, half circle shape, is an easy way to help them.
Cutting out the various shapes that are required on this ship is a fun way for kids to learn or practice shapes as well as practice using scissors. Crafting in general is a great way to encourage creativity, following directions and increase concentration for kids!
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
- Super cute Alphabet Coloring Pages (posters)
- Alphabet Do a Dot Marker Printables
- free printable alphabet worksheets
- Alphabet worksheets
- Super cute, printable alphabet crafts
- Uppercase Alphabet Letter Crafts
- Simple Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Fun Letter Recognition Worksheets for Kids
- Animal Themed Uppercase Letter Tracing Cards
- Looking for more free printables? We have lots of pre k worksheets, kindergarten worksheets 1st grade worksheets, and over 1 million pages of FREE worksheets for kids.
- Dive into the time of castles and knights with this fun middle ages for kids hands-on history lesson for kids!
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities. See all of our Preschool Alphabet resources!