Is your preschool, pre-k, or kindergarten age childen learning number sense? If so this super cute Pirate themed number sense activities is the perfect way to help learn number sense for kids while having fun. For this pirate printable children will move around the number sense games board to plunder gold coins to fill up their treasure chests – all the while working on a number sense activity! Simply print pdf file with number activities for preschoolers and you are ready to learn!
Number sense activities
This hands-on number sense activity is sure to get kids excited about preschool math. Your preschoolers and kindergartners will become pirates and journey around the preschool math game board collecting gold doublons in the treasure chest. To collect the coins they must match the numerl in their chest. The coins will have dots to count, tally marks, numberals to match, and ten frames to help children work on their sense of various ways to represent the same number. THis is such a fun counting activities for preschoolers for kids!
Number sense games
If you are working on teaching number sense, this cute pirate game for preschoolers is a must. Not only is it FREE, but it is a great way to sneak in a math game for preschoolers to your pirate theme. Use this at home, at school, daycare, or in a math center in your classroom.
Number activities for preschoolers
After you’ve printed the pages in color you will need to cut out the treasure chests and gold coins. Give each player a chest, put the gold coins on the spaces on your gameboard (you can use the color or black and white version of the printable math game for prek), and grab a dice and game piece. It’s time to play and learn!
Each of the gold coins represents the value of a number 1-6. WE’ve included cute binocular tally marks, hook dice dots to count, pirate map numberal, and treasure chest ten frame. This is a fun AND useful way to teach prek number sense.
Counting activities for preschoolers
Players will roll the dice and move their player piece around the printable preschool math game clockwise. When they land on treasure they will see if they have the numeral open in their treasure chest for the number represnted on the coin. If they do, you can pick up the coin and put it in your chest. If you can’t leave the coin and play passes to the next student. Continue going around and around the game board until one player has filled their treasure chest with coins.
Preschool Math Game
There are a couple of special spots of the game board including:
- Add more treasure – if someone lands here you add treasure from the pile to all open spaces on the board
- Loose 1 coin from chest – if you land here you need to remove one treasure (of your choice) from your chest and place it on the pirate ship start spot
- When you finish your lap around the map, continue going around until someone has all their treasure. Count the start pirate ship as a space. IF there is a coin there (that someone lost from their chest) you can pick up one of the coins of your choice that are on the spot.
- I Spy Pirate Game with free printable worksheets
- Free Pirate Printables – worksheets for early elementary age kids to work on math and litearcy skills
- Gingerbread Pirates Actvities
- Free printable Pirate Color by Number Printable
- Simple Pirate Coloring Pages
- Cute Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Pirate Worksheets for Preschool
- FUN Pirate Theme Preschool
- Cute Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Pirate Handwriting Tracing Strips for working on pre-writing skills
- Simple Pirate Ship Craft
- Pirate Colors Book Printable
- Pirate Family Fun Night
- Free Jake and the Neverland Pirates Worksheets
These fun pirate activity ideas help young children work on early litearcy skills like letter sounds, writing their ABCs, reading simple cvc words, and reading sight words too.
- Free Pirate Games workign on Kindergarten sight words
- Pirate Letter Sound Games Printable Activity – includes both mathing letters and soritng by beginning sounds
- Super cute, FREE Printable ABC Pirate Worksheets
- Pirate Short a cvc words short a
- Pirate Parts of Speech Coloring Sheet
- Free Pirate BINGO Parts of Speech Game
Use these fun pirate themed worksheets and printable activities to help kids work on tracing numbers, couting, shapes, number sense, fractions, and more pirate math skills!
- Argh! Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets
- Free Pirate Shapes Themed Shape Reader
- Number Pirate Flashcards
- Make-a-Reader – Pirate Shapes Printable
- Pluder the Treasure in this Pirate Number Sense Games
- Count and Clip Pirate Counting
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
- Hands-on Pirate Addition Color by Number
- Fun Pirate Reducing Fractions Game
- Pirate Place Value Games for making practicing place value fun
Looking for more fun math activities for preschoolers? Check out these fun ideas!
- Shape Scavenger Hunt using our shape flaschards to look for shapes with this fun shape game
- Cute Sandcastle tracing numbers 1-10 – practice counting and tracing numbers-1-20 with this super cute summer themed math activity
- Count to 10 Spider Counting Playdough Maths – kids will have fun practicing counting to 10 with these super cute playdough mats
- Do a dot printables numbers using bingo dauber markers are a fun way for kids to practice counting
- Dinosaur Roll & Cover number recognition games
- Body Number Identification Activity
- Bug Themed Number Activity
- Super cute and CLEVER Fingerprint Counting Printables
- FUN Pirate Number Sense Activities
- Strawberry preschool counting activities – this art and math activity is perfect for summer learning
- FREE Spring Flower Count & Tracing Numbers 1-10 Worksheets
- Watermelon Counting Playdough Mats – kids will have fun using playdough to practice counting
- Goldfish counting printable – this clever activity allows kids to use goldfish to practice counting and one to one correspondence
- Lego Numbers Counting Activity for Preschoolers use duplo blocks to practice counting and include a space for tracing numbers 1-10
- Silly Worm counting activity for preschoolers with stickers
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets – these math worksheets allow kids to work on number recognition while revealing hidden pictures
- Printable Donut Counting Activity for Preschoolers and Kindergartners
- Number Mazes – fun Number Activity for Preschoolers learning numbers 1-5
- FREE Printable Butterfly Number Sense Activities for Preschoolers
Free Math Games for Preschoolers
By using resoruces from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (to use in a coop or classroom please purchase a classroom licensed edition here TPT store)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission from Scrappin Doodles #94836 and Whimsical Inklings
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!