Create this bright and colorful parrot craft with just a few simple materials! This super cute paper plate parrot is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Whether you are doing the letter b is for birds or p is for parrot, this bird craft is great for strengthening hand muscles while creating a super cute paper plate craft!
Paper Plate Parrot
Crafts are a great way for young children to strengthen hand muscles and improve coordination while becoming more confident. Making cute crafts like this paper plate parrot is something kids are proud of and they will enjoy making their own masterpieces! Use this parrot craft with toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 1 students to make a fun paper plate craft. Whether you are loking for a bird craft for preschoolers for your bird theme or a p is for parrot craft for your letter of the week program as an alphabet craft, this cute project is a must. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this animal craft for preschoolers that is simple to make, but with striking results!
Start of this easy paper plate craft with a few simple materials:
- 2 white paper plates
- red liquid tempera paint
- paint brush
- glue or tape
- white and black construction paper or XL googly eyes
- orange construction paper
- colorful tissue paper for feathers (red, yellow, blue, and green)
Paper Plate Craft
Start by painting both of the paper plates red on both sides. Allow them to dry.
Cut the first plate into 1/3 and 2/3 sections. The smaller section will be the bird’s head.
Make eyes out of white and black construction paper and glue them onto the head.
Cut a half circle beak out of orange or yellow construction paper and glue or tape that onto the 1/3 head as well.
Paper Plate Parrot Craft
Fold the red, yellow, blue, and green tissue paper accordinat style to make feathers.
Staple them to the bottom left of the larger plate.
Paper Plate Bird Craft
For the 2nd plate, cut it into fourths and use one section only for the wing off of the main body. We added a smaller version of the tissue paper accordion to the end of the wing.
Looking for more bird feeder crafts for kids?
- Simple DIY Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder for Kids with peanut butter
- Paper Plate Parrot Craft
- Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder Craft for children
- Easy Plastic Bottle Bird Feeder Craft
- 12 Homemade Bird Feeders
- Bird Theme for Preschoolers and Kindegartners
- Paper Plate Peacock Craft
- Bird Worksheets to practice math and literacy skills with 3, 4, and 5 year-olds
- Math Bird Activity for Preschoolers
- Birds for Preschooler Printable Alphabet Book
Animal Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for more animal themed activities for prek kids? You will love these free printable resources and ideas:
- Printable Animals Masks
- A to Z Mammals Book
- Animals Tracing Letters A to Z
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animal
- Farm Animal Homes Printable Reader
- Anatomy of Animals Activity
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Animal Activities with Animal Crackers
- Animal Books for Preschoolers
Spring Crafts for Kids
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft
- Spring Umbrella Counting Crafts for Preschoolers
- Simple Windsock Craft for kids
- Bunny Craft for Preschoolers
- Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids
- Handprint Earth Day Craft
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft
- EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers
- EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Fun-to-Make and lovely painted flower craft preschool
- Make your own yummy milk Rainbow Toast
- This spin art Flower Craft for kids is almost as beautiful as they are fun to make
- Simple Sunflower Crafts that are bright, cheery, and simple to make
- This flower activity for preschoolers changes things up to use flowers to create art
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Show off these pretty flower suncatcher craft
- 100 Flower Crafts from A to Z
- Silly Grass Head Craft
- Handprint Spring flower art projects
- Rainbow Hand Art Projects for St Patricks Day
- Looking for more fun color activities for kids don’t miss these 37 Colorful Activities for Kids
- Super clever, bubble wrap rain craft
- Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Dandelion flower craft project
- Stunning, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids
- Kids will go nuts over this painting with cars rainbow project
- Amazing Bubble Painting process art project for kids