Use this fun Halloween Activity for preschoolers to reinforce letters! This letter hunt activity is perfect for working on letter recognition of abc letters from A to Z! Simply print alphabet activity for a fun review activity in October.
Letter Hunt Activity
Looking for fun ways to have kids identifying letters? How about using this fun, hands-on Letter Hunt Activity in an interactive way to help engage and motivate the kids to learn their letters! This center has a great theme which will sure to engage even the most reluctant kids. Read on to see how you can setup this fun Halloween center with bingo dot markers.
- A4 paper (optional colored paper)
- Bingo markers (dot markers)
- Colored magnetic letters (optional)
Print the pages and cut out the strips, place on a cookie sheet (optional) or you could leave it and use the poster paper. Place it on a tray (optional) along with some dot markers.
ABC Dot Marker Cards
Start by showing the kids the ‘mummy strips’ on the mat. Tell them that they will be making letter matches to help find the letters on the mummy. You could use one mat for each group of 4 or 5 kids. You can also create a competition for who matches their letters and finishes dot marking their way to finding all the letters on the mummy.
Another way you can use these mats is to hide the magnetic letters around the room and have the kids play a scavenger hunt to find and match them onto each strip. Alternatively, you can print mini copies of these mats (2 on one page) in black and white and have each child circle the letter they found around the room. Easy and fun!
Preschool Halloween Activity
Be sure to have your kids sound out the letter they found as they match it. As an added activity, you could have them name a word that begins with that letter such as A for apple and place the letter on the mat. This is a great way to get pre-schoolers or kindergarten kids to practice their alphabet recognition skills in a fun and engaging activity!
- Scented Pumpkin Puffy Paint Craft for Fall
- Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Craft for kids
- Silly Spider Name Craft Activity for Preschoolers with FREE Printable
- 31 October Crafts for Kids
- Turkey Pumpkin Seed Craft
- Gummy Worm Slime
- Octoboer Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun pumpkin activity and craft ideas to try this autumn? Check out these fun ideas:
- Create a Jack-o-Lantern with this amazing Scented Rice Pumpkin Activity
- 50 fun Pumpkin Activities
- Edible Peep Pumpkin Playdough
- Pumpkin Goop with real pumpkin guts!
- Rubberband Pumpkin Craft for kids
- EASY, Edible Pumpkin Cloud Dough
- Edible candy corn playdough recipe you MUST try!
- Amazing Spider SLime
Halloween Science Experiments
- Flying Film Canister Ghost Rockets
- Frankenstein’s Hand Halloween Science Experiment
- Quickly Growing Pumpkin Science Experiment
- This Why Do Leaves Change Color experiment is one of our favorite that is so simple and yet so clever!
- Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Volcano Halloween Science Experiments
- Errupting Halloween Pumpkin Volcano Science Experiments
- Not-so-Spooky Halloween Ghost Science Experiment
- Exploding Pumpkin Science Experiment for October
- Dissolving Candy Halloween Science Experiments
- Frankenworms Halloween Science Experiment
- Melting Pumpkins Science Experiment for October
- EASY Static Electricity Ghost Experiment
- Halloween Lava Lamp Science Experiment
October Science Printables
- Grab this free Pumpkin Life Cycle Worksheets pack to learn about the life cycle of pumpkins
- Bat Life Cycle Worksheets
- Free Spider Life Cycle Worksheets
- Worm Worksheets – practice math, alphabet, literacy, and more!
- Growing Worms Observation Book
- All About Worms Worksheets
- Work on number bonds to 10 with these pumpkin math worksheets for kindergarten and grade 1
- Super cute pumpkin counting activity piling the “whip cream” on the pie slice
- Work on 0ne-to-one correspondence with this pumpkin math for Kindergarten
- Grab these Pumpkin Addition Worksheets for a no prep math activity for young learners
- Practicing Counting with Pumpkin Seed Counting Activity
- Practice making shapes with these pumpkin shapes printable playdough mats
- Pumpkin Pie Number Sense pumpkin activity for preschoolers
- Work on counting, adding on, and using a number line with this pumpkin counting activity
- Hands on Pumpkin Shape Matching Games for Preshoolers
- Trace numbers and work on 1:1 correspondence with this pumpkin math activity for pre-k
- Adorable Pumpkin preschool pie craft for practicing counting!
- Pumpkin Shapes Printable game for kids
- Trace and Erase to practice again with this handy Pumpkin Printable Letter Tracing strips
- Practice sight words with this fun Pumpkin Game
- This find the letter pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Kids will love this phonics Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten where they will work on beginning sounds to put together these alphabet puzzles.
- Pumpkin Letters for tracing alphabet with a dry erase marker or playdough
- Practice reading with these cute, clever and FREE Word Family Sliders Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- Improve reading with this fun Word Family Pumpkin Activity for Kindergarten
- These super cute Pumpkin Letters and sounds puzzles allow children to practice letter tracing as well as working on beginning sounds
- Sneak in some fun practice with these homophone puzzle pumpkin activities
- You’ll love these no-prep Pumpkin Worksheets where students will color by vowels
- These Pumpkin worksheets and printable activities work on rhyming skills to improve reading and spelling
- Find the Letter Alphabet Pumpkin Worksheets
- Printable October Writing Prompts
Candy Corn Activities
Looking for more candy corn activities for kids? You will love all these creative ideas!
- Free Candy Corn Words
- Candy Corn Edible Playdough
- Addition and Subtraction Candy Corn Math
- Phonics Puzzles with a fun Candy Corn Theme for Fall
- 28 Candy Corn Activities for Kids
- EPIC Candy Corn Popsicle Stick Catapults
- Candy Corn Multiplication and Division Puzzles
- Counting Candy Corn Puzzles
- Candy Corn Turkey Count and Trace
- Free Printable Candy Corn Alphabet Mats
Halloween activities for preschoolers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!