Paper Plate Magnetic Maze – Preschool Magnet Activity
Kids will love making and playing with these paper plate magnetic mazes. This preschool magnet activity is such a creative STEM activity that combines problem solving, art, and science for an EPIC activity kids will love! This magnet experiments for kids is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. All you need are a few simple materials and you are ready to learn and play with this magnet activities for kids.
Preschool Magnet Activity
This is another simple activity that your kids will love and you don’t need many supplies to make them. PLUS you can make as many paper plate activities as you’d like and it can be replayed over and over. This Preschool Magnet Activity is loads of fun for preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This is seriously such a clever idea for exploring magnets with preschoolers. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this magnet projects for kids!
Magnet experiments for kids
Looking for a fun idea for explaining magnets to preschoolers? All you need are a few simple materials you probably already have on hand:
- Paper Plates (One for each maze)
- Foam Piece
- Magnetic Wand
Magnet activities for kids
Start by creating your magnetic piece that will move along the mazes. We did spring themed, so we chose a flower to move around. We cut the flower from a piece of foam and secured a magnet to the back of it.
Exploring magnets with preschoolers
Next create your scene on the paper plate. We did two spring scenes. We created these by drawing on the paper plate with markers. It doesn’t matter what scene you choose, it’s important to draw the dotted line that becomes the maze.
You could do any scene. If your kids like construction, cut out a truck or a caution cone, and draw a construction scene. If your children like dinosaurs, cut out a dinosaur and create a jungle theme. The world is your oyster when it comes to that.
Magnet experiments for preschoolers
When the scenes are created, take your magnet piece. In our instance, it is the flower. Put that at the beginning of the maze track on the paper plate. At the same point, but on the back, place the magnetic wand. If you don’t have one, you can easily make one.
Drag the magnetic wand across the back of the paper plate so that the flower follows the dotted line maze. This is not only super fun but it helps children strengthen motor skills that they will need for future skills. For another fun STEM activity, try 10 Bridge Building STEM Activities
Magnet Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun ways for kids to explore magnets and physical science? Check these out:
- Mind-Blowing Magnetic Slime for Kids
- Fun and simple-to-make Paper Plate Magnet Maze
- Make Your Own Magnetic Wand – Preschool Magnet Activity
- Magnetic Field Sensory Bottle – exploring magnets with kids
- Alphabet Mow the Grass Magnet Activity for Preschool
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic