Looking for a fun way to get kids to practice basic concepts like Spot the difference? These task cards are perfect for the month of December, print them and include them in your task boxes for repeated practice! The best part about these cards is that they are almost no prep. Learners will identify the image that is different and then clip it.
Looking for a fun Christmas Math activity for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and up? Simply print Christmas printables for a fun, hands-on Christmas math activity for kindergartners to work on spotting differences. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love this christmas activities working on visual differences. This is a perfect math center for December.
Christmas Math for Preschoolers
- A4 paper
- Dry erase marker
Print as many spot the difference elf templates as you need for the number of students in your class. These cards can be laminated for durability but it is not necessary. A black and white copy of each card is included. The students can alternatively circle the picture that is different.
Prepare and cut up the task cards and laminate them if you wish. You can place these in a mini tub along with some Christmas mini erasers too so the kids can get into the Christmas spirit. There are also black and white options. Be sure to have enough pegs and strips if you’re using them. The students will then choose a card, then look for the picture that is different. They will then use a peg to identify the picture that is different. They continue this until they’re done all the cards.
Watch the students as they do this – have them identify the pictures as they go. You can discuss the pictures with the kids to help get them into the spirit of Christmas. The cards include Elf images which kids love to discuss. Also have them describe the different elves on the strip. How are they different? And why?
This activity is hands-on and perfect for kids to use when they need a refresher or some more basic skills for spot the difference. Kids will love the Christmas theme!
Preschool Winter Activities
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Christmas Science Experiments Dissolving Peeps Activities
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
Preschool Christmas Crafts
- Gingerbread Alphabet Tracing – Christmas Activity for Preschoolers
- HOliday Gingerbread Sight Words – Christmas Activities for Kindergarteners
- How Do you Make EASY Snow Clay for Christmas Ornament Crafts
- Easy Snowman Paper Craft
- Beautiful Chromatography Christmas Science Activities for Preschoolers
- Christmas Science Lime Battery Electricity Experiment for Preschoolers
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Homemade Christmas Cards Ideas for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
- Construction Paper Christmas Wreath Craft Decoration for Kids
- Christmas Candle Craft for Kindergarten
- December Holiday Coloring Pages for Kids
- Christmas Name Craft and Activity for Preschoolers
- Christmas I Spy Printable Worksheets
- FREE Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game for Kids
- Christmas Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Easy-to-Make Hat Christmas Craft for Kids
- Fun to make Christmas Playdough Mats
- These Christmas sight Word Games help kids work on reading fluency.
- Kids will have fun practicing patterns with this Free Christmas Patterns Activity
- Help kids work on color recognition with these Stockings Christmas Color Game
- Practice Counting to 20 with these Christmas Tree Playdough Mats
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities.
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!