Young children will have fun with these big and small sorting activities that use super cute monster printables! This size sorting activity is a great way to work on visual discrimination and sequencing with toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Simply print pdf file and start arranging by small, smaller, smallest.
Big and small sorting activities
Looking for a fun way to get preschoolers, kindergartners,and grade 1 students learning the concepts of small, medium and big? Do you have a preschool binder that you currently use and add activities to? This size sort mat includes fun cards and a mat to sort the sizes of the cards on. For this big and small sorting activity you will use the funny monsters in various sizes to complete the monster activity for kids. This preschool math activity is perfect for helping kids sort into big, bigger, and biggest.
Size Sorting Activities
- A4 paper
- Scissors (to cut and separate the cards)
- Lamination pockets
Print as many sets as you need for the number of groups in your class. If you are using these in a center, it’s a great idea if you have an extra set just in case you want another group to get started on the activity. There are 3 sets of cards and a colour mat (one in colour and one in black and white).
Sorting big and small
This sizes mat is such a fun way for kids to practice sorting sizes! Print as many as you need for the number of students in your class. Laminate the mats and the cards if you wish.
Sorting by size activities
- Print the play mat in colour and then laminate it. Print, laminate and cut up the size cards separately.
- If you’re using a binder to store the mat, it’s a good idea to include a little tab to label it so you’re able to find it easily in the future.
- Place the size monster cards in a little zip lock bag and attach it to the binder or insert it into the pockets.
- Start by naming the sizes on the mat. The kids can repeat after you. If you’re in a large class, you could show this on a projector so the whole class can see.
- The kids will then choose a monster card and identify and compare the size with the other two. They will then look for the corresponding column on the mat.
- They will continue this until they’re done.
Preschool Math Activities
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Practice forming shapes with these FUN Road Shape Mats
- Addition Clouds Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Big and Small Worksheets
- Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets PDF
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Summer Theme Preschool
- Ice Cream Math Preschool Task Cards
- Fun, free printable Goldfish Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers, Pirate Printables, Vegetable Cards
- Preschool Zoo Printables to play and learn with animal COOKIES
- Counting Activity for your Watermelon Theme
- Farm Animals Worksheets Trace the Numbers
- Super clever Spider Counting Activity
- Free Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat
Preschool Math Worksheets
- Zoo Animals Color by Number WOrksheets
- Number COloring Pages
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Play and Learn with this Free Shape BINGO Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Turtle Size Sequencing Cards, Bugs and Insects Size Sequencing Cards
- Sunflower Garden Size Sequencing Cards
- Counting Book Insect Printables for Preschoolers
- Super cute and FREE Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars (updated annually)
- Super Cute Playdough Number Mats
- Handy and super cute, Free Pattern Worksheets
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Monster Free Printable Sight Word Worksheets
- Feed the Monster Printable
- Feed the Monster Alphabet Game
- Monsters Inc Slime
- Free Monster Memory Game
- Monster Math
- Target Monster Cookie Recipe
- Monster Alphabet Letters
- Monster Counting with Google Eyes
- Fun Monster Preschool Theme
- Monsters Family Fun Night
- HUGE Monster Worksheets Pack (with silly Monsters University friends)
- 100 EPIC Monster Crafts for preschoolers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!