Young learners will have fun practicing counting to 10 with this super cute, free printable, snowball counting activity using cotton ball snowballs. Simply print pdf file with Winter printables and grab some cotton snow balls and you are ready to count to 10 with your toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age child. This is such a fun winter themed winter activities for preschoolers!
Snowball Counting Activity
Sneak in some fun winter math with this hands-on counting activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners. Simply print winter printables with cute counting mats 1-10. Each winter counting page has a colorful pair of mittens, featured number 1-10, and cute kids throwing snowballs clipart at the bottom right. Now in this Snow activities for preschoolers students will count out the correct number of cotton snow balls and place them on the winter counting mat. This is such a fun, hands-on math activity for preschoolers to try in January, December, and February.
Winter activities for preschoolers
This winter math printable is LOW PREP and a fun, hands on counting activity for toddler, preschool, and prek students. This is great for practicing at home, daycare centers, or for teachers as part of a winter math center.
Snowball activity preschool
Students will complete one mitten counting card at a time by looking for the number featured on the snowball. Now toddlers and preschoolers will count out that many snowballs and put them in the pair of mittens to help the children get ready for their snowball fight!
There are counting cards with different colored mittens to help kids count to 10.
HINT: If you don’t have fluffy cotton balls handy, a marshmallow works too. As an added bonus, you can let your child eat the marshmallows when they are done practicing math.
After students have had lots of practice counting to 10, work on adding on. Put several cotton balls on the mittens. Now have your child have them count on from the snowballs on the mittens to get to the number needed for the snowball fight.
Finally, for prek and kindergarten age kids, you can introduce sums and addition terminology by putting several snowballs in one hand and showing them how they will need to add more to the other mitten to make the sum on the card. “You have 3 snowballs in the left mitten. How many more snowballs do we need to equal 10 snowball.” When they figure it out repeat the equation back to them, “So 3 snowballs plus 7 more snowballs equal 10 snowballs all together.”
Kids will have so much fun they will hardly realize they are actually learning and practicing math!
Winter Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun winter crafts and winter activities for kids of all ages? Don’t miss these winter activity ideas!
- Kids will love making this super cute circle snowman craft!
- This easy-to-make Puffy Snow Paint is amazing! It has the best texture, dries promptly and completely, and makes the cutest little snowman crafts.
- Tons of fun snowflake crafts for kids of all ages
- Now you have a reason to get excited when it snows! Your whole family will enjoy this super-easy-to-make Snow Ice Cream recipe. YUMMY!
- Find lots more engaging winter themed ideas in these January Activities for Kids
- Silly melting snowman slime
- Come take a peak at how these glue snowman suncatcher craft turns out! Such a fun, simple idea with stunning results!
- Try this epic winter science experiment making a snow volcano
- Maple Syrup on Snow Candy
- Make this beautiful keepsake snowman handprint ornament
- Snowstorm in a jar winter science for preschoolers
- You’ve got to try this easy, DIY Snow globe craft for kids
- Magic Melting Snowballs – Winter Science Experiment
- DIY Icicle Ornaments for kids
- Paint Swatch Tree Winter Craft for Preschoolers
Looking for more fun winter science projects for kids? We’ve got lots of fun ideas for you to try!
- Melting Snowman Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Eruptions – Simple Winter Science Experiments
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Easy Exploding Snowman – Winter Science Experiment
- Snowman Measuring Snowfall – Winter STEM Activity
- Erupting Snow Winter Science Experiment
- How to Make Frost in a Can Winter Science Experiment
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
Preschool Winter Crafts
- Suncatcher Snowman Craft for Preschoolers
- Winter Snow Slime Recipe Activity for Kids
- FUN Snowman Launcher – Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Construction Paper Snowman Wreath Craft for Kids this Winter
- Bauble Christmas Ornament Craft with FREE Printables
- Snowman Handmade Greeting Cards Winter Craft for Kids
- Colorful Chromatography Snowflake Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources! Plus don’t miss these winter books for preschoolers.
- Free Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Snowflake Counting Worksheet and activities
- Sneak in some fun winter learning with these super cute, Free snow globe letter find snow worksheets
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Mitten letter matching printable
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Free printable shape puzzles for winter
- Alphabet igloo printable puzzles for pre-k and kindergartners
- Polar Bear Winter Literacy activities for preschoolers
- Count to 10 Preschool Snowman Craft
- Snowman Word Family Spinners
- Snowman Math Craft for practicing addition and subtraction
- Winter Telling Time Worksheets
- Snowflake Dab the Letter
- Cute Shape Puzzles – Snowman Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Snowman Coloring Pages
- Hands-on Snowman button counting
- Build a Snowman with these Beginning Sounds Winter Activities for Preschoolers
- Snowman winter math activities for preschoolers
Looking for more fun counting activities to try all year long? These are some of our free counting printables:
- Fruit Loops 10 Frame Counting Cards – help kids learn to use a ten frame with colorful cereal
- Free Counting Farm Animal Worksheets – you will appreciate that these preschool math worksheets are NO PREP!
- Construction Counting to 20 – your little work zone enthusiast will love “playing with trucks” as they practice counting with playdough
- Count to 20 Hole Punching Apple Munching – this counting activity is super fun and strengthens hand muscles too!
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers – kids LOVE playing with stickers! With this free printable kids will have fun practicing counting and playing with stickers
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Playdough Mats – get ready for summer while counting sandcastles and tracing numbers too
- Animal Cookies Count to 10 – kids will love practicing counting while playing with animal cookies!
- Fish Cracker Counting Cards – preschoolers will practice number recognition and counting with this fun math activity
Winter counting activities
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!