Make practicing sight words fun this fall with these free printable free sight word games. Simply print one of our autumn game boards and practice reading sight words with preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age kids. Print the pdf file template in color or black and white.
Free Sight Word Games
We love ideas for making learning fun and engaging with themed educational activities! Grab one of our Free Sight Word Games to practice dolch sight words that students need to memorize. This is such a great addition to a fall theme, pumpkin theme, apple theme, or autumn themed learning activity with preschoolers and kindergartners during September, October, or November.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love this no prep reading activity to add to your literacy center, extra practice or as a supplement to our phonics curriculum.
Printable sight word games
Preschool Sight Words
This free printable sight word board games are a great way for preschoolers to practice pre k sight words! Simply print the style you prefer in color or black and white. Each gameboard practices different preschool sight words – print all four to practice them all!
- pumpkin sight words game
- leaf sight word game
- acorn sight word game
- apple sight word game
- jack o lantern sight word game
Sight word games
If using one of our color board games, you may want to laminate or put it in a page protector for durability. You will also need a dice and a game piece – we like to use our lego minifigures.
Put your player on start. Roll the dice and move your player that many spots. You must read the sight word out loud as you go. If you get stuck you need to stay on that spot until the next turn. Continue playing until one player gets to the end.
This game can be played alone or with friends.
Pre K Sight Words
In the black and white version of the free sight word game students will play by themselves. They will roll their dice just like in the other version, but they will color the squares as they go. Again, if they can’t read a word they must stay on that spot and read it first at the start of their next turn.
This is a great activity to help kids gain fluency with pre k sight words as well as practice counting too!
Fall Activities for Preschool
Looking for more fun, fall printables to make leaning fun for prek kids? Take a peak at these:
- Pumpkin Shape Games for Preschoolers
- Fall Bingo Dauber Printables
- Pumpkin Pie Counting Activity
- Fall Sticker Worksheets
- Tracing Numbers Worksheets for Fall
- Fall Shapes for Preschoolers Printable Reader
- Autumn Color by Letter Kindergarten
- Fall Playdough Cards
- Free Printable Sight Word Games for Fall
- Fall Color by Number Worksheets
- Printable Fall Counting Worksheets
Fall Printable Activities for Preschoolers
If you are looking for more fun, hands on educational activities to make learning fun this fall – you will love these free worksheets and games.
- Pumpkin Traceable Alphabet
- Fall Counting Pumpkins Reader
- Printable Hat Fall Crafts for Preschoolers
- Fall Number Mats
- Nature Scavenger Hunt Printables
- Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Fall Sequencing Activities
- Free Alphabet Flip Book Printable – apple theme
- Fall Number Game for Preschoolers
- Fall Worksheets for Preschool – HUGE pack!
- Cereal Fall Tree Craft
- Printable Leaves Fall Wreath Craft
- Leaf Printing with Markers – fun Fall Crafts for Preschool
Free Sight Word Games
Looking for more fun, free ways for kids to practice sight words. Try these:
- Construction Sight Word game
- Summer Preschool Sight Word Games
- Apple Sight Words Activity
- Rapunzel Sight Words Coloring Pages
- Candyland Sight Words Game (print cards to play with your gameboard)
- Flower Sight Words Maze Worksheets
- Gingerbread Sight Words Coloring Sheets
- Crazy Roads Sight Words game
Download Fall Sight Word Game for Prek
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!