It’s Time To Go To The Zoo! My kids LOVE the zoo! They love animals in general. Animals are so much fun to learn about and they also make a fantastic theme for learning other important skills. These Zoo Animal Clip Cards for 1-10 are to help kids learn counting, number recognition and 1:1 correspondence.
Zoo Animal Clip Cards
Learning to recognize a numeral symbol of a number is only one part of the math skills that preschoolers and kindergarteners need to learn. There is also counting, 1:1 Correspondence and more. If these clip cards are used with clothes pins, this activity also helps strengthen fine motor skills. When children attempt to open and close the pins, they are working the muscles that are necessary for tasks such as holding a pencil, zipping a zipper or tying shoes.
These clip cards are perfect to help children practice these skills in a fun way. Not only do they get to count animals, but the whole theme in itself is fun!
Zoo Animals Printables
Counting to 10
Each of our clip cards has a different number AND a different animal. Kids will never get bored of these clip cards!
- Zoo Animal Clip Cards
- Marker of choice: clothes pins, pom poms, other manipulative
- Laminator (Optional)
- Small round sticker (optional)
Clip cards are relatively easy to prep. First, print out the cards. Then, cut out the cards and laminate. Laminating is optional, but it helps keep the clip cards safe and flat, even when using a clothes pin.
Zoo Animals Math Activity
You can also add small stickers (like dot stickers or foil stars) to the back of the right answer so that kids can correct themselves, if necessary. They are then ready to play and kids are going to have so much fun with these!
- Have a dry erase board next to the child playing with the clip cards. After they clip the correct answer, have them write the number in a different form. For instance, tally marks, a simple equation, the number word, etc.
- Practice one -to- one correspondence by asking the child to place a manipulative over each zoo animal.
Preschool zoo printables
- Kids of all ages will love these Animal I Spy Worksheets
- Or look for a different type of animals in these I Spy Farm Animals
- Farm Hidden Picture are a great way to work on visual discrimination
- Animal Dot to Dot Printables (math for prek / k)
- 30 Bugs – Free Printable counting activities for kindergarten
- Count to 10 zoo animal counting worksheet
- Farm do a dot printables numbers
- Counting Farm Animal Worksheet
- Free Printable Farm Color by Number Worksheets
- Farm Sequencing Cards
- Animal Cookies Count to 10 preschool zoo printables
- Super cute Goldfish Counting Printable
Animal Activities for Preschoolers
Looking for more animal themed activities for prek kids? You will love these free printable resources and ideas:
- Printable Animals Masks
- Hibernating Animals Subtraction Within 5 Worksheets
- A to Z Mammals Book
- Animals Tracing Letters A to Z
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Preschool Animal Worksheets
- Animal Life Cycle Printables
- Count and Cover Zoo Animals with Cheerios
- Finish the Pictures ~ Animal
- Farm Animal Homes Printable Reader
- Anatomy of Animals Activity
- Zoo Count and Clip Cards – Counting Activity for Preschoolers
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Super Cute Animal Alphabet Worksheets
- Animal Activities with Animal Crackers
- Free Printable Nocturnal Animals Worksheets
- Animal Books for Preschoolers
Animal Math Activity for Preschoolers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!