Help kids celebrate the important role families play in our lives with these super cute and fun-to-read preschool books about family. These preschool family books are fun for toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to read.
Preschool Books about Family
Family is such an important home base for little ones. There are so many types of families, and there are lots of family books for preschoolers that celebrate the love that makes us one. This list is full of family books preschool that celebrate the different people that make up our families, and the love that we share. REad these family books for kids to toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, grade 1, and grade 2 students.
Preschool family books
Whether you are a parent, teachers, homeschooler, or daycare – you will love this carefully selected list of family books for preschoolers. Use them at home snuggled up on the couch, as part of a family theme, in your classroom or as a supplement to your homeschool preschool curriculum.
This is a real life story about a family of wolves and how they adapt to survive together. So although not about people, the life lessons about sticking together and working together apply beautifully. I love the illustrations!
Beautiful water color illustrations fill this book telling of a family reunion with extended family using poems. I love that it introduces children to poetry. Again, while this is not about your nuclear family, I love that it helps kids realizes that grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are part of our family too!
One Big Family
Another fun-to-read book about extended family getting together. This is perfect to read before a family reunion. It helps kids prepare for the noisy, exciting, but loving moments they will experience when everyone gets together.
The Worm Family
This book is fun, silly, and has great topics to talk about together. The worm family is tall, skinny, and like to sing worm songs. They are different from their neighbors. This is great for discussing how your family may look or act differently from those around you, but that’s okay.
My Wild Family
This book helps introduce metaphors by using animals to illustrate how each member of the family is different and unique. Great for helping kids realize each family member is unique.
Ninety-Three in My Family
A delightful book with whimsical pictures, rhythmic verse, and lots of fun counting inside. Kids will giggle through the outlandish premise that this boy’s family is made up of 27 owls, 11 dogs, cats, lions, gerbils, and more.
The Frazzle Family Finds a Way
This cute story follows a forgetful family through their day. They ultimately use silly rhyming songs to help them remember.
A Perfect Home for a Family
The sweet story follows a family of raccoons as they look for a bigger home to accomidate their growing family.
The Chicken of the Family
This story follows a girl named Henrietta who her siblings keep saying is actually a chicken. This book is sure to become a favorite in your family and great for helping kids learn to cope with teasing from a sibling.
Duck, Duck, Dinosaur
A cute, fun-to-read story kids will enjoy that touches on sibling rivalry and how the mother loves all her children equally.
Is Your Mama a Llama?
Humorous rhymes accompany this story where a baby llama guesses along with the listener at what kind of animal everyone’s mama is. This story builds phonemic awareness and rhyme too!
Love you Forever
A classic, favorite book of families everywhere! This book shows the enduring love of a parent as their child goes through stages of childhood.
A Chair for My Mother
An award winning book about a family whose home is destroyed and how they save to buy a comfortable chair for the whole family to enjoy.
Copy Me, Copycub
This is a cute story with great illustrations. Follow the mother and her cub through all the four seasons and watch how some animals hibernate. This book will be reminiscent of how kids like to copy behaviors and a great reminder that they are always watching, learning, and imitating what we do.
This is such a sweet story with beautiful drawings that help kids understand that when they sleep, everything else sleeps too . . . and it will all be waiting for them in the morning.
If Animals Kissed Good Night
Such a sweet story with lovely illustrations of how animals would say good night.
Llama Llama Misses Mama
I love the way the text flows and the beautiful hand drawn illustrations in all of Anna Dewdney’s original books. This book is great to help kids process what it feels like when parents have to leave to go to work or an outing without them, but knowing that they will be back!
On the Night You Were Born
This is such a sweet way to help kids know about the very special day they came into the world, how much they were loved, and how momentous that day is. I love reliving that moment and emotion with my little ones. Beautiful text and gorgeous illustrations.
Welcome Little One
This is a sweet, simple story perfect for telling kids how much they were loved from the day they were born.
God Found us You
If your little one is adopted, this is a great story about how you loved your little one from even before you met them and how special your bond is.
Silly Wonderful YOU
I love that this book normalizes that kids all make messes, and are loud, and that it’s okay. we love them anyway!
You’re All My Favorites
If you have more than one child like we do (we have six) it is so wonderful to verbally tell them that they are all loved equally. They all are unique and special and we parents wouldn’t trade any of them for anything.
My Two Grannies
I love that this book shows how families can be made up of various different cultures or looks and how beautiful that is and how rich a heritage kids have.
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic