September is the filled with apple themes for young learners from toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten. As you are planning your apple activities make sure to grab some of these fun-to-read apple books for preschoolers to round out your week. These preschool apple books are sure to be a hit whiel working on early literacy too!
Apple Books for Preschoolers
Fall is apple harvest time! Teach kids about growing apples and creating delicious apple treats with these apple books for preschoolers. From nonfiction to fiction, there are lots of great lessons about apples in these books for little ones.
Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace introduces readers to apple picking through the story of a family of bunnies enjoying a day at the orchard. The book uses simple text and beautiful collage style illustrations to share apple facts with little ones.
Apple Picking Day! (Step into Reading) by Candice Ransom follows a brother and sister as they head out apple picking together. The short sentences and large font make it perfect for beginning readers.
An Apple’s Life (Watch It Grow) by Nancy Dickmann is a nonfiction book that teaches young kids about apples and their life cycle through easy to read text and clear photographs.
Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell uses colorful illustrations and easy text to share the story of a young girl and her parents as they pick apples and pumpkins together.
Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington explores all the things that can be done with apples when Farmer Annie harvests them. Kids will love the adorable illustrations and adults will appreciate the sorting, counting, and other learning opportunities in the book.
Apples by Gail Gibbons is a fact filled book bursting with interesting information about apples, including the history of them, how they grow, and how many different types of apples there are.
Apples for Everyone (Picture the Seasons) by Jill Esbaum is a nonfiction book that teaches young readers about apples through large, colorful photographs, and easy to read text full of facts.
Pinkalicious: Apples, Apples, Apples! by Victoria Kann joins Pinkalicious and her family at the Pinkville Orchard for Apple Harvest Day.
Max & Mo Go Apple Picking: Ready-to-Read Level 1 by Patricia Lakin and Brian Floca shows kids how applesauce is made through the eyes of two classroom hamsters who are tired of being fed corn and want to try some of the yummy applesauce the kids are making.
Let’s Go Apple Picking! (Little Golden Book) By Lori Haskins Houran joins a young girl and her grandfather as they go on an apple picking adventure together. The story is full of fun fall activities and the cute illustrations highlight the love between grandfather and granddaughter.
The Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall shows the changes that apple trees go through during the different seasons with colorful illustrations and a story told from the viewpoint of two young kids.
Peppa Goes Apple Picking (Peppa Pig) by Meredith Rusu joins the beloved pig and her family as they visit an apple orchard to pick the best apples together.
Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie by Herman Parish and Lynne Avril joins young Amelia Bedelia as she visits with her grandparents and makes an apple pie with her Grandma.
Hungry Bunny by Claudia Rueda is an interactive book that gives kids a chance to help the adorable bunny character to collect apples for Mama to make into a pie. Kids will love manipulating the book to move the story forward.
From Apple Trees to Cider, Please! By Felicia Sanzari Chernesky and Julia Patton explores the journey from apples to apple cider through a fun rhyming text and colorful illustrations.
Apple Picking Time by Michele B. Slawson and Deborah Kogan Ray uses lyrical language to highlight the work that goes into apple harvesting through the eyes of a young girl whose family helps out.
Apples by Jacqueline Farmer is an informative nonfiction guide to all things apples. The text is packed with interesting facts and trivia about apples and how they grow.
Autumn Is for Apples by Michelle Knudson is a rhyming story that celebrates the fun of the apple season with peppy text and brightly colored illustrations.
Eat ’em Ups™ Apples by Gail Tuchman and Kathy Voerg is a bright and colorful board book that follows a group of kids as they pick apples and learn about what they can make with them.
The Apple Pie That Papa Baked by Lauren Thompson and Jonathan Bean uses a repeating text and simple illustrations to highlight the process from apple tree to apple pie.
Ten Apples Up On Top! by Dr. Seuss is a fun counting book that follows a group of animals who try to balance apples on their heads.
Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins counts from ten to zero as a group of farm animals take apples off of a tree. Kids will love the repeating rhymes and the farm animal characters.
Apple Countdown by Joan Holub and Jan Smith is a rhyming book that counts down from twenty to one while following a class on a field trip to the apple farm.
Apples A to Z by Margaret McNamara and Jake Parker is an alphabet book that teaches kids about apples by pairing each letter of the alphabet with an apple related concept.
How to Grow an Apple Pie by Beth Charles and Katie Rewse walks readers through the process of growing apple trees and caring for them to get the delicious apples needed to make pie.
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
- FREE Apple Prek Worksheets or apple worksheets preschool
- Apple Recipes for Kids, plus how to make homemade applesauce and yummy best apple recipes
- ACTIVITIES – scented apple pie playdough, super soft apple playdough recipe no cook, apple pie playdough, fun apple pie slime, fluffy apple slime (yellow), laffy taffy apple slime (green), and September activities for kids
- ALPHABET – letter recognition apple activity, apple letter tracing worksheets, Apple ABC Game, a is for apple printable letter sounds apple book, a is for apple tracing worksheet, a is for apple printable alphabet mats, sticker a for apple activity,
- LANGUAGE ARTS – alphabet apple lacing craft, apple pre-k sight words tracing strips, apple sight words printable activity, synonym and antonym worksheets, apple compounds words worksheet grade 1, apple noun and verb sort, and free September writing prompts
- SCIENCE – errupting apple science expeirment, free apple investigation worksheet, apple life cycle printable spinner, apple volcano, apple browning experiment with free worksheet, apple life cycle printable pages, skittle apple science experiment, melting apple science experiment, apple stem activity
- COUNTING – apple count to 20 free printable hole punch activities, apple i spy printables for preschoolers, count to 20 apple playdough mats, hole punch apple counting, apple counting coloring pages, apple counting spin and count on ten frame, apple counting worksheet, free apple counting worksheets, apple counting worksheet, apple seed counting to 20 activity, and count to 20 apple playdough mats, apple roll and cover number sense game
- MATH – hands-on apple number bonds activity, math worksheets for kindergarten, adding within 10 apple math, apple multiplication game, apple fractions game, fall unifix cube pattern cards, and sticker addition worksheets
- CRAFTS – cute apple handprint craft, parts of an apple craft, bubble wrap apple craft, Johnny appleseed addition coloring worksheets, lacing paper plate apple craft, stunning apple art preschool, paper plate apple core craft, and September crafts
- Check out these apple books for preschoolers, free apple worksheets preschool, how to make an apple pie and see the world activity, fun Johnny Appleseed activities, free Johnny Appleseed coloring pages, or our apple theme preschool
Books for Preschoolers
If you are looking for more fun-to-read preschool book lists with picture books picked out for your preschoolers, don’t miss these great picks:
- Best Pirate Books for Preschoolers, Construction Books for Preschoolers, or Zoo Books for Preschoolers
- Help kids learn their ABCs with these alphabet books for preschoolers or Cute Preschool Shape Books
- Counting Books for Preschoolers lots of Color Books for Preschool kidsor 100th Day fo School Books for kids
- Camping Books for Preschoolers, Creepy, Crawly Books about Insects for Preschoolers, Fun-to-Read Penguin Books for Preschoolers, Dive in to Ocean Books for Preschoolers, or cute Farm Books for Preschool
- Romping and Roaring Dinosaur Books for kids, sports books for preschoolers
- Preschool Books about Family, Fun-to-Read Science Books for Preschoolers, Must Read Classic Preschool Books, and learn about Community Helper Books, fall pumpkin books for preschoolers
- Silly Shark Books for Kids, Explore Doctor Books for Preschoolers, or Bear Books for Preschoolers
- Don’t miss these Classic Children’s Books or these Silly and Fun Animal Books for Preschoolers
- Winter Books for Preschoolers, Best Snowman Books for toddlers, or Valentine Books for Preschool,
- Easter Books for Preschoolers , favorite spring books for preschoolers, Silly Frog Books for Preschool
- Check out these summer books for preschoolers or lovely flower books for preschoolers
- Read fall books for preschoolers, cute Apple Books for Preschoolers, beautiful Thanksgiving Books for Preschoolers, first day back to school books for preschoolers, or Christmas Books for preschoolers
- Preschool emotion books for learning to understand feelings and Children’s Books about Grandparents