September is the filled with apple themes for young learners from toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten. As you are planning your apple activities make sure to grab some of these fun-to-read apple books for preschoolers to round out your week. These preschool apple books are sure to be a hit whiel working on early literacy too!
Apple Books for Preschoolers
Fall is apple harvest time! Teach kids about growing apples and creating delicious apple treats with these apple books for preschoolers. From nonfiction to fiction, there are lots of great lessons about apples in these books for little ones.
Apples, Apples, Apples by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace introduces readers to apple picking through the story of a family of bunnies enjoying a day at the orchard. The book uses simple text and beautiful collage style illustrations to share apple facts with little ones.
Apple Picking Day! (Step into Reading) by Candice Ransom follows a brother and sister as they head out apple picking together. The short sentences and large font make it perfect for beginning readers.
An Apple’s Life (Watch It Grow) by Nancy Dickmann is a nonfiction book that teaches young kids about apples and their life cycle through easy to read text and clear photographs.
Apples and Pumpkins by Anne Rockwell uses colorful illustrations and easy text to share the story of a young girl and her parents as they pick apples and pumpkins together.
Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington explores all the things that can be done with apples when Farmer Annie harvests them. Kids will love the adorable illustrations and adults will appreciate the sorting, counting, and other learning opportunities in the book.
Apples by Gail Gibbons is a fact filled book bursting with interesting information about apples, including the history of them, how they grow, and how many different types of apples there are.
Apples for Everyone (Picture the Seasons) by Jill Esbaum is a nonfiction book that teaches young readers about apples through large, colorful photographs, and easy to read text full of facts.
Pinkalicious: Apples, Apples, Apples! by Victoria Kann joins Pinkalicious and her family at the Pinkville Orchard for Apple Harvest Day.
Max & Mo Go Apple Picking: Ready-to-Read Level 1 by Patricia Lakin and Brian Floca shows kids how applesauce is made through the eyes of two classroom hamsters who are tired of being fed corn and want to try some of the yummy applesauce the kids are making.
Let’s Go Apple Picking! (Little Golden Book) By Lori Haskins Houran joins a young girl and her grandfather as they go on an apple picking adventure together. The story is full of fun fall activities and the cute illustrations highlight the love between grandfather and granddaughter.
The Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall shows the changes that apple trees go through during the different seasons with colorful illustrations and a story told from the viewpoint of two young kids.
Peppa Goes Apple Picking (Peppa Pig) by Meredith Rusu joins the beloved pig and her family as they visit an apple orchard to pick the best apples together.
Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie by Herman Parish and Lynne Avril joins young Amelia Bedelia as she visits with her grandparents and makes an apple pie with her Grandma.
Hungry Bunny by Claudia Rueda is an interactive book that gives kids a chance to help the adorable bunny character to collect apples for Mama to make into a pie. Kids will love manipulating the book to move the story forward.
From Apple Trees to Cider, Please! By Felicia Sanzari Chernesky and Julia Patton explores the journey from apples to apple cider through a fun rhyming text and colorful illustrations.
Apple Picking Time by Michele B. Slawson and Deborah Kogan Ray uses lyrical language to highlight the work that goes into apple harvesting through the eyes of a young girl whose family helps out.
Apples by Jacqueline Farmer is an informative nonfiction guide to all things apples. The text is packed with interesting facts and trivia about apples and how they grow.
Autumn Is for Apples by Michelle Knudson is a rhyming story that celebrates the fun of the apple season with peppy text and brightly colored illustrations.
Eat ’em Ups™ Apples by Gail Tuchman and Kathy Voerg is a bright and colorful board book that follows a group of kids as they pick apples and learn about what they can make with them.
The Apple Pie That Papa Baked by Lauren Thompson and Jonathan Bean uses a repeating text and simple illustrations to highlight the process from apple tree to apple pie.
Ten Apples Up On Top! by Dr. Seuss is a fun counting book that follows a group of animals who try to balance apples on their heads.
Ten Red Apples by Pat Hutchins counts from ten to zero as a group of farm animals take apples off of a tree. Kids will love the repeating rhymes and the farm animal characters.
Apple Countdown by Joan Holub and Jan Smith is a rhyming book that counts down from twenty to one while following a class on a field trip to the apple farm.
Apples A to Z by Margaret McNamara and Jake Parker is an alphabet book that teaches kids about apples by pairing each letter of the alphabet with an apple related concept.
How to Grow an Apple Pie by Beth Charles and Katie Rewse walks readers through the process of growing apple trees and caring for them to get the delicious apples needed to make pie.
- Red Apple Pie Slime Activities for Preschoolers
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Skittles Apple Science Experiment for Kids
- Melting Apple Science Experiment for September
- Simple Apple Science Experiment and Activity for September
- Scented Apple Playdough Recipe
- Green Laffy Taffy Apple Slime
- Yellow Fluffy Apple SLime
- Super Soft, No-Cook Apple Playdough for Fall
- Apple Volcano Experiment and Activity for Kids in September
- Apple Browning Experiment with FREE Oxidation Worksheet
Apple Crafts for Kids
- Cute Apple Handprint Craft for Kids – w/ free printable
- Easy Apple Core and torn paper Paper Plate Apple Craft
- Alphabet Lacing Apple Craft
- Clever Bubble Wrap Apple Craft
- Coffee Filter Apple Craft
- Awesome Apple Pie Playdough Recipe
- 3-in-1 Apple Activities for Toddlers
- Printable Apple Tray Counting and Writing
- Plus don’t miss this FUN Apple Crafts Preschool
- Stunning, Easy Apple Craft for Preschoolers and Kids
- Fun Paper Plate Apple Craft for kids
Looking for more fun apple and activities and free apple printables? You will love these apple activities for kindergarten and apple activities for preschoolers!
- Math Apple Worksheets (addition / subtraction)
- Super cute and FREE Apple Apple Worksheets Preschool
- Apple Roll and Cover Dice Game
- Printable Apple Math – Number Bonds Activity
- Hole-Punching, Count to 20 Apple Activities for Preschoolers – free printable
- Super cute Apple Playdough Mats to practice counting
- Apple Addition Coloring Worksheets
- Number Bonds Apple Math
- Apple Counting Worksheet
- Free Printable Multiplication Games
- Letter A Worksheets, printables, and games for kids
- Apple Themed Free Alpahbet Strip pdf Activity
- Alphbet Puzzles – Apple Activities for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Apple Sight Words Tree
- Synonyms and Antonyms Worksheets pdf with a fun Apple theme
- Apple Letter A Activity sorting upper and lowercase letters for pre-k and kindergarten
- Printable Apple Compound Words Worksheet
- Find the Letter Apple Tracing Worksheets
- A is for Apple Printable Book for working on beginning sounds – print in black and white or color
- Color the correct apples in these Nouns and Verbs Worksheets
- Apple Theme BUNDLE