Looking for fun Valentine’s Day counting activities for preschoolers to make learning math fun in February? Grab the free valntines day printable countin cards to practice counting and writing numbers 1-12. This is a fun Valentines day math activity for preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age kids.
Valentine’s day counting activities for preschoolers
Kids will love this Valentine’s day counting activities for preschoolers and kindergarthers where they will practice counting 1-12 plus writing numbers too. Use the free valentines day printable, children will reinforce subitizing and counting skills. Use pompoms or play dough add ‘chocolate’ to each counting card to accurately reflect the number. These can also fit inside a task box, so prep them once and have them ready for each year.
Valentines Day Printable
Valentine’s day math activities for preschoolers
- Download the activity cards below
- Print in color or black and white
- Cut the cards out.
- Prepare some pom poms with tongs on each table
- Print two sets of these hippo cards and laminate them for durability. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students.
Valentine’s day math
- Students will be working on their cards in a group. They take one card and identify the number on that card.
- They then grab a tong, and place that many pom poms, they can also make playdough balls on the heart card to add chocolate.
- Then they could also make dough balls to show the number (as an extension activity).
- They will also trace the numbers on each card.
- I usually check their work as I go around the class.
- This fun activity can be repeated for practice!
Valentine’s day math Activity
Use these cards to help kids develop subitizing and fine motor skills and their number knowledge. Kids need to master their counting and number identification skills as it is a critical component to prepare them for more complex reasoning and mathematic skills.
Counting games are a great way to teach kids how to count, and they can be played at any age.
Counting games for kids are a great way of teaching children how to count. Counting games can be played at any age and there are many different types of counting games for kids, like this one.
Introduce the number digit cards and show the students how to use tongs to tweeze and hold the pom poms and eventually add them to the heart mats, which will be a great start!
You can alternatively use dot markers to add their dots on the mats using the black and white cards. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on easier numbers by counting 1 to 5 and the kindergarteners to work on counting 1 to 10.
A great way to work on these cards is to create a competition where the kids have to complete all the cards in a group.
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups.
Valentines Day Activities
Looking for more fun preschool science experiments to try this February? Check out these ideas!
- These super cute and EASY Science Valentines use science to blow up a balloon to reveal a hidden message
- Simply science fun Fizzy Love Potion Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Kids will be amazed with this fun density jar Valentines Day Science Experiment (honey, corn syrup, maple syrup, hand soap, water, vegetable oil)or try this density valentines day science (corn syrup, whole milk, lavender dish soap, water, baby oil, rubbing alcohol)
- Quick and easy, February Fizzy Hearts Science Experiment
- Valentines Day Experiment making slt crystal hearts in February
- February themed, Simple balloon static electricity experiments for kids
- Valentines Day Science with Magic Milk activity
- Love Potion #9 Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Skittle Heart Science valentines day activities for toddlers
- Dancing Hearts Valentines Day Science Experiment
- Cactus Printable Valentines Day Craft
- Have a blast with this outrageously fun Oobleck valentines day activitiies for preschoolers or this red valentines day oobleck version
- Grab this Free Valentines Day Printables with Stem challenges using Lego bricks
- Shimmery pink Slime Valentines recipe kids will love or this EPIC Purple Slime Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Grab some pretty straw for this Valentine STEM activities
- Find lots of fun February Activities for kids here!
- Simple Oil and Water Valentines Day Science for kids
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Fingerprint Heart Tree is such a cute Valentine art and craft ideas for preschoolers
- Hugs and Kisses Tic-tac-toe Preschool Valentine
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- Valentines Day Activities for Preschoolers – students will have fun getting valentines ready to “mail” while matching upper and lowercase letters while working on phonemic awareness and beginning sounds.
- Cute Find the Letter Valentine’s Day Worksheets with alphabet candy in the cookie jars
- ABC Hole Punch Valentines activities for preschool – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- H is for Heart Worksheets – practie tracing and writting the letter h.
- ABC Valentine Worksheets for Preschool and kindergarten – kids will have fun learning new vocabulary and practicing tracing upper and lowercase letters as they make their very own alphabet book.
- Alphabet Valentine Preschool Worksheets – with a free printable alphabet worksheet for each letter from A to Z, help kids work on letter recognition while decorating these heart cookies
- Valentines Alphabet game – kids will have fun matching upper and lowercase letter heart puzzles
- Grab some converstion hearst and our printable alphabet pages for a fun, hands-on Valentines Day activities for preschoolers
- Chocolate Sight Words Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers – matching activity to practice identifying and reading key sight words.
- Heart CVC Words Valentine activities for kindergarten– students will have fun practicing the sounds letters make while building CVC words with alphabet conversation hearts
- Color by Sight Word Valentine Worksheets – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- Practice a variety of math and literacy skills with these Free Valentine’s day worksheets for preschoolers! There are over 30 different sucte, clever activities for Toddler, Preschool, and Kindergarten age kids!
Valentines Day Math
- Free Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Valentines Roll and Cover math activity for working on number sense
- FRee Valentines day Worksheets – counting with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Worksheets learning about symmetry with drawing prompts.
- Heart Penguin Skip Counting Strips – simple Valentine math for kindergartners
- Love Monster Ten Frame Valentines Day Math Activities
- Valentines Day Worksheets with Snap Cubes – with two levels of difficulty these cards help kids practice using logic and spatial reasoning
- Lock and Key valentines activities for kids – kids will have fun working on color recognition with this fun, Valentine’s Day matching game
- Valentine matching game printable – fun game to help kids work on number sense
- Count to 20 valentine math activities for preschoolers Clip Cards- kids will have fun practicing counting using a ten frame with this fun math activity for prek / kindergartners
- Chocolate Shape Preschool valentine games – kids will have fun practicing forming shapes with these chocolate shape playdough mats.
- Count to 10 Valentine math activities for preschoolers – young learners will have practicing counting sprinkles and matching the puzzles
- Super cute Valentine Roll and Cover Printable for preschoolers
- Count and Trace Valentine’s Day Counting Worksheets with conversation hearts
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Printable Valentines Day Counting Cards – these cute Valentines Day Counting Cards are great for young learners
- Practice counting to 20 and tracing numbers as you prepare the mail in this February activities for preschoolers
Valentines Day Math Printable
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!