This fun Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers is a great to demonstrate how oil and water don’t mix. This valentines day ideas for preschool are lots of fun for toddler, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. Add this to your Valentines Day theme as an easy and FUN Valentines Science that is perfect for February.
Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
I love simple and easy activities! This Valentines day activities for preschoolers, toddlers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students is lots of fun. As children complete this heart shaped oil and water experiment they will get a chance to play a game too as they use a straw to race the oil around the experiment. This is agreat way to develop oral motor skills, skills needed for speech and eating too.
Pour a thin layer of baby oil into a large rectangular glass dish, glass pie pan, or other clear container. In a separate bowl mix water with red food coloring.
valentines day activities for preschoolers
Put a couple different sizes of heart cookie cutters, getms, jewels, and other assorted valentines day themed items in the pan. Now use an eye dropper or spoon to carefully drop large and small drops of red colored water into the baby oil randomly throughout the pan.
valentine activities for preschoolers
Point out to your child how the oil and water don’t mix. At the end of the activity show that that even if they mix the oil in, it won’t dissolve, it will just make smaller oil particles , but they wont mix.
heart shape activities for preschoolers
Now give your child a straw and have them blow the oil to race it around the dish. You can have them try to navigate the cookie cutters to get the oil drops from one side of the pan to the other. THis is great for strengthening oral muscles needed for proper speach. Plus this oil and water activity is fun and teaches about science too!
valentines day ideas for preschool
Wondering why oil and water don’t mix? So what happens when you try to mix oil and water? The water molecules attract each other, and the oil molecules stick together.
Depending on the age of your child discuss why this demonstartion shows you the problems of oil spills in the water and how dense clouds of oil would make it hard for ocean and marine animals.
Looking for more fun preschool science experiments to try this February? Check out these ideas!
- Fizzy Love Potion – Valentines Day Science
- Oobleck Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Layered Liquids Density Experiments for Valentines Day
- Glittery Purple Valentine Slime
- Balloon Valentines Day Science Experiment
- Salt Painting Valentines Day Activity
- Valentines Day Magic Milk Science Experiment for Preschoolers
- Skittles Valentines Day Science Activities
- EASY Static Electricity Balloon Experiment
- Practice shapes with this hands-on Valentines Day STEM Activities
- Fizzy Heart Science Project – Valentines Day Activities for Kids
- Conversation Heart Ooblek – FUN Valentines Day Activity for Kids
- Valentines Day Slime
- Oil and Water Valentines Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Density for Kids Science Experiment for Valentines Day
- Love Potion #9 Valentine’s Day Science Activity
- Add some Valentines Day Science with this super cool and EASY Dancing Hearts Experiment
- Try these FUN Valentine Science Experiments for kids of all ages
- Salt crystal hearts Science Experiment perfect for February
Valentines Day Worksheets
Looking for more way to make learning fun during February? Kids will LOVE these Valentine’s Day themed, educational activities. Plus, all of these are free printables.
- These Valentine’s day worksheets allow preschoolers to practice math and literacy with super cute printables that are NO PREP!
- Color by Letter to decorate these cookies with these fun Valentine Worksheets for Preschool
- Make your own Alphabet Book from A to Z with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets to color, read, and learn
- ABC Hole Punching for Valentines Day – preschoolers will have fun working on letter recognition as they use a hole punch with this free printable for February.
- Alpahbet Valentines – kids will have fun preparing Valentines with this fun activity that works on beginning sounds, tracing letters, and matching uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Rhyming Valentines cut and paste printables – these heart workshets are a fun way for kids to practice identifying rhyming words
- Valentines Day Math Clip Cards – practice counting numbers 11-20 with these cute, low prep clip cards
- Our kids favorite tradition! Print out these Valentines Day Printables and leave love notes for each other to read on February 14th!
- Pencil Valentine Printable – super cute free printable “looking sharp” Valentine for kids
- Sneak in some fun writing practice with these Febraury Writing Prompts Calendar
- Practice spelling with this fun, engaging and FREE Printable Valentine’s Day Spelling Activity
- Valentines Day I Spy Printable – this is a fun valentiens day activity that also works on counting and visual discrimination at the same time
- Practice sounding out and spelling short i words with this Heart themed spelling mats.
- Valentine’s Day ABC Hole PunchingActivity – kids will strengthen hand muscles while working on letter recognition
- Valentine sight word coloring pages – kids will have fun reading and gaining fluency with key sight words while revealing these mystery pictures
- A-Z Valentine’s Day Worksheets is fun for kids to practice making capital letters using conversation hearts!
- Practice forming simple words with this Kindergarten Valentines Day CVC word mats
- Make practicing preschool sight words fun with this Chocolate Box Valentine Activities for Preschoolers
- Count to 20 with these cute Valentine Math Clip Cards
- Practice counting to 10 with this Valentine Math Puzzles for pre-k
- Valentines Day Color by Number – students will reveal hidden pictures as they color by number and work on number recognition
- Free Valentine’s Day Tracing Worksheets for Preschoolers – kids will have fun working on hand muscles as they trace these common February items in these tracing worksheets.
- February Color by Number – work on number recognition as students reveal mystery pictures as they color.
- Count and Trace Valentines Day Worksheets with conversation hearts
- FUN, Self-checing Multiplication Valentine Math Activity for Kids
- Work on fractions, percent, and measurement with these Valentine Math Worksheets
- Color by Hundreds Chart Happy valentine’s day mouse activities
- Handy Valentines Day themed Odd and Even Numbers Worksheets
- Valentines Day Number Book – kids will have fun practicing counting with conversation hears as they make a free printable book.
- Kids will have fun practicing addition and subtraction with this clever,Valentine’s day math craft.
- Help kids work on symmetry for kids with these Valentine’s Day Worksheets
- Free Valentine’s day math worksheets – kindergartners will have fun practicing numbers to 100 while they reveal hidden images with these Valentines Day coloring pages
- Use snap cubes with this free printable Valentine Math activity for kindergarten and first graders
- Fun Lock and Key Color Matching Game for toddlers and preschoolers
- Work on making common shapes with these super cute Chocolate Shape Playdough Mats
Valentines Day Crafts for Kids
- Plus don’t miss these fun Valentines Books to cuddle up and read this February
- Heart Fish Craft for Valentines Day – kids will have fun cutting and pasting lots of hearts to make this adorable fish craft
- Fingerprint Hearth Tree Valentines Day Craft is super cute and such a precious keepsake craft
- Bear treat cup Valentines Day Craft is cute and practical too
- Red Hot Valentines Slime is so pretty and fun to play with!
- Try this EASY Chocolate playdough recipe to make your creations look like valentines day candy!
- Beautiful Valentines Art Projects – Matisse Style heart craft for kids
- Cactus valentine craft – this is such a fun cut and paste Valentines Day Craft for kids
- 30 February Crafts for Kids – so many fun, clever crafts to fill the whole month of February
- Don’t miss these fun February activities for kids
Looking for some cute and FREE printable valentines to share with your friends? Check out these homemade valentines for kids:
- Tic-Tac-Toe Printable Valentine Cards
- Pencil Valentine Printable
- Happy Slime-tines – Free Printable Valentines Day Cards