It is finally and officially spring. I feel like many people in the U.S. had rough winters. Between major snow or major ice, it’s been a doozy. But hopefully with the official first day of spring, the harsh winter left for good! We have had some pretty warm, comparatively, temperatures that just beg for us to go outside. So we started our spring outdoor adventures off with some fun nature activities. For this music activities for preschoolers we made Noise Makers made from things we found out in nature. This diy music instruments was such a fun music activity for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergartner age too. THis is a perfect earth day activity for kids!
Music activities for preschoolers
Many kids love all things noise makers. It can get a bit crazy at times, but for a while it is fun. These homemade instruments for kids were especially fun to make! We combined a nature hunt activity with a music activities for preschoolers to create and make musice with recycled materials! This music activities for toddlers was a perfect earth day activity for celebrate how we can reuse and recycle items to creat something new! Make these diy maracas with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners as a fun spring activity for preschoolers!
Music activities for toddlers
This homemade percussion instruments activity is best done in conjunction with a spring, summer, or fall nature hike looking for fun treasures and intersting items. THen gather up your supplies which you probably already have on hand at home:
- TP Roll
- Printer Paper
- Rubber Bands
- Objects from nature: Mulch, pebbles, tree sprigs, leaves, etc.
Music activity for kids
This is unbelievably simple. So if you want to make 10, you could in no time at all!
We started by going on what we like to call a nature collection walk. While I don’t like my daughter to take a ton of leaves or flowers from growing plants, it is okay to do a little. We don’t have any flowers blooming yet, but there were tons of things on the ground that we could find. Pebbles, rocks, mulch & bark, tree sprigs, dry grass, etc. These are perfect for making noise makers.
Start by cutting a piece of paper into four quadrants. This will be each end of the noise maker. You can secure one piece of paper on one end of the TP Roll. Then rubberband it tight. But not too tight that the rubber bands change the shape of the TP Roll.
DIY music instruments
Then fill your tube with whatever objects from nature you would. One thing that is fun is to fill each tube with the same object. So one with just pebbles, one with tree sprigs, one with mulch, etc. This way the sounds are the same and you can compare the sounds that are made based on what the object is. It is also fun to combine all of the things into one tube and see what noise you can make. Have fun with it.
You don’t want to fill your tube too much because you want the objects to have space to move around as you shake it. If it’s too full, it won’t make as much noise.
Once your tube is full, secure a second piece of paper onto the end with rubber bands. Now it looks like a drum, doesn’t it? Even if not – it’s okay. If the ends are secure, you’re ready to shake! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! My daughter squealed with excitement as we shook our noise makers and danced around on the grass! It felt so nice to be outside with the sun shining down and not be freezing!
Music for Kids
Looking for more fun and free printables and resources to teach kids music? Try these:
- FREE Music Theory Worksheets for kids to learn all about MUSIC
- Printable piano flashcards
- Super cute Piano practice sheets
- Musical Instruments Worksheets for kids to learn math and literacy skills while learning about instruments for kids
- Free Printable Music Flash cards
- Introduction to Music Theory for Kids printable book to read, color, and learn
- Free Music Notes Chart
- FUN Homemade Musical Instruments for kids
- Nature Noisemaker Music Activities for Preschoolers
- Create Music Instruments for Kids with these printable playdough mats!
Earth Day for Kids
- Super Cute Free Printable Earth Day Hat
- Earth Day I Spy Worksheets
- Teach children to reduce, reuse, and recycle with this Earth Day Game
- 40+ Earth Day Crafts for Kids
- Simple Earth Day Coloring Pages
- Earth Day Sensory Bottles for Kids
- FUN Playdough Earth Layers
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt
- Homophone Puzzles for your Earth Day Theme
- Where do I Live Printable Activity
- Happy Earth Day Craft
- Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Earth Day Worksheets to practice a variety of math and literacy skills with pre-k and kindergartners
- Spring Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Super cute Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring
- Count the Bunny Number Flashcards
- Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity
- Practice adding numbers with this free printable Spring Addition Matching Game
- Fruit Loop Rainbow Printables Ten Frame Math Activity
- Practice making shapes with these flower playdough mats
- Spring Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Grab these cute Spring Printables Sudoku Puzzles for kids
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets
- Umbrella Letter Matching Printable
- Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable
- Kite Beginning Sound Activities printable craft for spring
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt
- Spring Step by Step Drawings
- Practice reading with this Spring sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack
- Spring Telling Time Worksheets
- Digraphy Activity to improve reading and spelling skills with these spring puzzles
- Cute Blubird Soring Blends Activity for first and second graders.
- LOTS of fun PLANTS arts and crafts for preschool and kindergartners