It is finally and officially spring. I feel like many people in the U.S. had rough winters. Between major snow or major ice, it’s been a doozy. But hopefully with the official first day of spring, the harsh winter left for good! We have had some pretty warm, comparatively, temperatures that just beg for us to go outside. So we started our spring outdoor adventures off with some fun nature activities. For this music activities for preschoolers we made Noise Makers made from things we found out in nature. This diy music instruments was such a fun music activity for kids from toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergartner age too. THis is a perfect earth day activity for kids!
Music activities for preschoolers
Many kids love all things noise makers. It can get a bit crazy at times, but for a while it is fun. These homemade instruments for kids were especially fun to make! We combined a nature hunt activity with a music activities for preschoolers to create and make musice with recycled materials! This music activities for toddlers was a perfect earth day activity for celebrate how we can reuse and recycle items to creat something new! Make these diy maracas with toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners as a fun spring activity for preschoolers!
Music activities for toddlers
This homemade percussion instruments activity is best done in conjunction with a spring, summer, or fall nature hike looking for fun treasures and intersting items. THen gather up your supplies which you probably already have on hand at home:
- TP Roll
- Printer Paper
- Rubber Bands
- Objects from nature: Mulch, pebbles, tree sprigs, leaves, etc.
Music activity for kids
This is unbelievably simple. So if you want to make 10, you could in no time at all!
We started by going on what we like to call a nature collection walk. While I don’t like my daughter to take a ton of leaves or flowers from growing plants, it is okay to do a little. We don’t have any flowers blooming yet, but there were tons of things on the ground that we could find. Pebbles, rocks, mulch & bark, tree sprigs, dry grass, etc. These are perfect for making noise makers.
Start by cutting a piece of paper into four quadrants. This will be each end of the noise maker. You can secure one piece of paper on one end of the TP Roll. Then rubberband it tight. But not too tight that the rubber bands change the shape of the TP Roll.
DIY music instruments
Then fill your tube with whatever objects from nature you would. One thing that is fun is to fill each tube with the same object. So one with just pebbles, one with tree sprigs, one with mulch, etc. This way the sounds are the same and you can compare the sounds that are made based on what the object is. It is also fun to combine all of the things into one tube and see what noise you can make. Have fun with it.
You don’t want to fill your tube too much because you want the objects to have space to move around as you shake it. If it’s too full, it won’t make as much noise.
Once your tube is full, secure a second piece of paper onto the end with rubber bands. Now it looks like a drum, doesn’t it? Even if not – it’s okay. If the ends are secure, you’re ready to shake! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! My daughter squealed with excitement as we shook our noise makers and danced around on the grass! It felt so nice to be outside with the sun shining down and not be freezing!
- FREE Music Theory Worksheets for kids , Introduction to Music Booklet to read, color, and learn, and reading music for kids worksheets
- Printable Music Flash cards and Free Music Notes Chart
- Super cute Piano practice sheets and free printable piano flash cards
- 40+ Music Crafts including musical instruments and activities, Learning Notes on the Staff Game with water balloons, Paper Plate Tambourine craft, spoon maracas craft, nature preschool music activities
- DIY Water xylophone
- Music color by number or Musical Instruments Worksheets pdf for kids to learn math and literacy skills
- Create music instruments with free printable playdough mats with this preschool music activity or try a whole music theme preschool
Spring Crafts and Activities
- Super cute Printable Name Flower Craft, Spring Umbrella Counting Crafts for Preschoolers, Simple Windsock Craft for kids, plus 100 Flower Crafts
- Bunny Craft for Preschoolers, Bleeding Tissue Paper Rainy Day Crafts for Kids, Handprint Earth Day Craft, and flower suncatcher craft
- Butterfly Suncatcher Craft, EASY ink pad spring crafts for toddlers, EDIBLE, Peeps Playdough Recipe
- Lovely painted flower craft preschool, yummy milk Rainbow Toast, spin art Flower Craft for kids, and flower activity for preschoolers
- Plant a Number Line to 10 Math activity, hyacinth flower craft, egg carton tulip crafts for preschoolers
- Silly Grass Head Craft, Handprint Spring flower art projects, Rainbow Hand Art Project, bubble wrap rain craft, and Umbrella Handprint Craft
- Wow! Over 100 Spring Crafts for Kids, dandelion flower craft project, Easy Stained Glass Art for Kids, fun painting with cars , or amazing Bubble Painting
- Try washable sidewalk paint, easy peeps playdough, how to make bubble solution for really big bubbles, plus lots of spring crafts for kids
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!, mazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet, try making butter experiment,
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment , mind blowing Color Changing Slime, gorgeous rainbow slime, kite spring science activities
- Simple Rainbow Density Experiment, Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows, or melting flower science activities for preschoolers
- You’ve got to try Lego Balloon Car, make a popsicle stick catapult, colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment, or this MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard, How to Make a Weather Vane, Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE, and Grow Your own Crystal Flower Science
- Spring Color by Number, Free spring word searches, letter find rain worksheets for preschool, Jelly Bean Egg One to One Correspondence Activities
- Carrot Shape Playdough Mats for Spring, count the Bunny Number Flashcards, free Preschool Flower Worksheets
- Butterfly Number Sense Activities, Rainbow Color Matching Game, Bug Preschool Name Activity, Umbrella Color Sorting Activity with Fruit Loops,
- Planting Carrots CVC Words Activity, Fruit Loops Ten Frame Math Activity, shape flower playdough mats, Flower Counting Games for Preschoolers
- Seed Find the Letter Worksheets, Umbrella Letter Matching Printable, Frog Alphabet Game Matching Printable, Kite Beginning Sound Activities
- Print and GO Spring Scavenger Hunt, Spring Step by Step Drawings, Springtime sight word cut and paste reader
- Worm Worksheets Pack, Spring Telling Time Worksheets, LOTS of fun plant experiments for kids, awesome April Crafts for Kids