Kids love splashing around in puddles on rainy days. Why not bring that fun inside? Children will love practicing letter recognition with these gorgeous FREE printable Rainy Day Letter Find.
Alphabet Activities for Kids
- Preschool handwriting Worksheets
- Fruit Loop Alphabet Printables
- Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Letter Recognition Worksheets
- Printable ABC Crafts for Preschoolers
Rainy Day Letter Find
These preschool alphabet mats are easy to prepare, just download, print. If you want to use these pages with playdough, I would recommend laminating these Rainy Day Letter Find pages or placing them in a page protector. They are so much fun for little ones to practice learning letter recognition as well as working on fine motor skills if they are coloring-in the raindrops. As mentioned previously, they can use playdough to recreate raindrops or balls and place them on the letters instead of coloring. If they choose, they can also use counters, pom poms, bingo markers or jellybeans to cover the correct letters. Children will have a great time learning the letters of the alphabet while working on their hand and finger muscles by rolling the dough, coloring-in or placing markers down.
There is one page for each letter of the alphabet. On the top of the pages of alphabet worksheets are two clouds. In these clouds are the uppercase and lowercase of the letter. These letters are solid, but kids are able to trace them with a marker if they wish. The rest of the page is covered in raindrops. Each of the raindrops contain an uppercase or lowercase letter of the alphabet. Children can use a bingo marker, playdough or coloring pencils to color in, or mark the letters that appear in the clouds at the top of the page.
There is also a small picture in the bottom left hand corner of these letter recognition activity. Children can color the picture after they have completed finding all of the letters.
Looking for more fun preschool activites? Help preschooler work on color recognition and 1:1 correspondence with this rainbow snack mat. Don’t miss these super cute, free animal printable masks for preschoolers. Finally, work on counting with these super cute fish cracker counting mats.
Don’t miss these free alphabet printables for making learning your ABCs fun and engaging! We also have lots of free preschool math, preschool crafts, books for preschoolers, and playdough mats. Plus we have lots of clever ideas in our preschool themes with a full weeks worth of educational activities.
Download Rainy Day Spring Activities for Preschoolers
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!