Young children will have fun learning about a variety of insects and creepy crawly bugs with this super cute, fun and free Insects Printable. Use bingo daubers then color and read your own My Books of Insects Dot Reader to learn about 24 different common insects for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners.
Insects for Preschoolers
Are your children fascinated by bugs? Most children love to look for bugs and watch them slither or fly. They are fascinated by how detailed and unique they are despite their small size. Toddler, preschool, pre k, and kindergarten age students will learn about 24 different insects for preschoolers in this free insects printable. Simply grab your bingo markers to complete the pages in your do a dot printables pack, colour the pages, assemble, and you are ready to read and learn about insects with your child.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these low prep insect reader for helping students work on fine motor skills. This free insect reader is perfect for use in literacy and science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of an insect study. With this pack, children will learn about twenty-four different insects.
Print off all the pages. As there are two pages of the reader on each letter size sheet, you will need to cut out the reader book and staple together. This reader could also be held together by placing a binder ring in the top left hand corner. This method may prove easier for children to complete each page.
Insects for Preschool
Each page of this insects for kids book contains three activities.
- The first activity includes learning to read and write the name of the insect.
- The second activity is to dot the letter that the name the insect starts with. This can be done with a bingo maker, do a dot marker, with a q-tip and paint or with their finger and finger-paints. They could also color in the dots or place circle stickers on them if they wish. This is a great way to sneak in some alphabet recognition into your day.
- The third activity involves coloring and decorating the insect with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
This printable pack comes completely in black and white to save on printing ink costs.
Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Find a Letter Do a Dot Printables
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Snow Globe Find the Letter Do a Dot Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Fun
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Birds for Preschoolers Printable Book
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Dot Book
- Making 10 Practice with Ten Frames Do a Dot Printables
- Phonics Beginning Sound Do a Dot Printables
- Turkey Color Matching Do a Dot Printables
**See more FREE Do a Dot Printables for kids!
Looking for more fun, free bug printables to add to your bug theme? You will love these fun educational activities:
- Bug Themed Alphabet Letter Find
- Count to 10 Spider Playdough Mats
- I Spy Bugs
- Math Bug Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Ladybug Alphabet Matching
- Count to 30 Bug Activity
- Bug & Insect Size Sequencing Cards
- Ladybug Matching 1 – 12
- Bug Sight Words Games
- Bug Coloring Book – Count to 10
- Catch 20 Bugs Counting Game
- Worm Worksheets
- Silly Worm Count to 10 with Stickers
Preschool Insect Printable
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to download their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!