FREE Insects for Preschoolers Printable Book
Young children will have fun learning about a variety of creepy crawly insects with this super cute, insect activities that usese an alphabet printable to make a bug reader. Use bingo daubers then color and read your own My Books of Insects Dot Reader to learn about 24 different common insects for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners. Simply print free insects printables and you are ready to learn about lots of different bugs while making lowercase letters with do a dot printables.
Insects for Preschoolers
Are your children fascinated by bugs? Most children love to look for bugs and watch them slither or fly. They are fascinated by how detailed and unique they are despite their small size. Toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age students will learn about 24 different insects for preschoolers in this free insects printable. Simply grab your bingo markers to complete the pages in your do a dot printables pack, colour the pages, assemble, and you are ready to read and learn about insects with your child.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love these low prep insect reader for helping students work on fine motor skills. This free insect reader is perfect for use in literacy and science centers, for extra practice, at school or at home, summer learning or as part of an insect study. With this pack, children will learn about twenty-four different insects.
Free Insects Printables
Print off all the pages. As there are two pages of the reader on each letter size sheet, you will need to cut out the reader book and staple together. This reader could also be held together by placing a binder ring in the top left hand corner. This method may prove easier for children to complete each page.
Insect printables for preschoolers
Each page of this insects for kids book contains three activities.
- The first activity includes learning to read and write the name of the insect.
- The second activity is to dot the letter that the name the insect starts with. This can be done with a bingo maker, do a dot marker, with a q-tip and paint or with their finger and finger-paints. They could also color in the dots or place circle stickers on them if they wish. This is a great way to sneak in some alphabet recognition into your day.
- The third activity involves coloring and decorating the insect with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
Free printable bug books
This printable pack comes completely in black and white to save on printing ink costs.
free printable bug books
- Alphabet Find a Letter Do a Dot Printables
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Snow Globe Find the Letter Do a Dot Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Fun
- Letter Recognition Do a Dot Printables
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Birds for Preschoolers Printable Book
- Addition Tic-Tac-Toe Do a Dot Printables
- Alphabet Dot Book
- Making 10 Practice with Ten Frames Do a Dot Printables
- Phonics Beginning Sound Do a Dot Printables
- Turkey Color Matching Do a Dot Printables
**See more FREE Do a Dot Printables for kids!
Insect Worksheets for Preschool
If are looking for more bug activities for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners – including lots of free insect printables, you will love these FREE resources:
- Peek-a-Bug Insect Alphabet Printable – four abc games to help kids learn their ABCs, match upper and lowercase letters, and more!
- Ladybug Ladybug Activities for Preschoolers activity for pre-k and kindergarten
- Bug Free printable sight word games is a simple-to-play way to practice sight words with preschool, kindergarten, and first grade students
- I is for Inchworm insect activities including a worm observation book
- Stamped Potato Bee Craft for spring
- Cute Spider Name Craft
- Firefly Preschool Counting Worksheets
- Gummy Worm Edible Slime
- Fun, hands-on Spiders Activities for Preschoolers Activities
- Quick-and-Easy Spider Slime
- All About Earthworm Life Cycle Worksheets
- Insect Printables for Preschoolers 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- Ladybug Life Cycle Worksheet Pages
- Bug color by blend worksheet – Coloring by Blends
- Free printable Life Cycle of a Spider for Kids worksheets
- Ladybug Life cycle for Kids worksheets
- Life Cycle of a Mosquito Printables
- Free Bee Counting Game
- Lots of fun, hands-on learning ideas in this Free Insect Activities for Preschoolers
- Bee and Insect Theme Preschool
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Fun, Insect Telling Time Puzzles
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Activity for Pre-k and Kindergarten
- Ladybug Addition Math Game for Kindergartners and Grade 1 students
- Bug free printable sight word books pdf – children will cut and paste sentences, color the insect coloring pages, and practice reading sight words
- Free Printable, Simple Bug Coloring Pages for kids
- Shape Spider Worksheets Preschool and Kindergarten
- Insect Worksheets to learn about lots of different bugs in our world
- Practice Letters A-Z with these Free Insect Printables
- Learn all about ants with these creative ant activities for preschoolers
- Bug Math Worksheets for pre-k and kindergarten students
- Cute Bug Counting Bugs Worksheet
- Measuring Lines of Bugs Preschool Measurement Worksheets
- Count and Clip Bugs Counting to 30 Worksheets
- Buzzing Bees Numbers 1-12 Worksheets
- I Spy Printables pdf – bug activity sheets
- Bee CVC Words Activity for Kids
- Bug Themed Find the letter worksheets pdf
- FUN Backyard Critter Bug Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Ladybug Counting Mats
- Silly Worm Count to 10 Sticker Worksheets
- Free Printable Insect Mini Book to learn about bug life cycles
- Hands-on Spider Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Free, Educational Insect Coloring Pages pdf for kids
- Help children work on spelling their name with these insect free printable name recognition activities
- Plus don’t miss these fun-to-read bug books for preschool
Alphabet Printables for Preschoolers
- Handy, Free Alphabet Chart
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Alphabet Dot Marker Printables
- Find the Letter Dinosaur Alphabet Printables
- Fruit Loop or Skittle Alphabet Mat
- Alphabet Construction Activities for Preschoolers
- Bug Find the Letter Worksheets pdf
- Tracing Alphabet Popsicles Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Watermelon Seed Alphabet Mats Summer Activity for Preschoolers
- Apple is for Apple Printable teaching beginning sounds from A to Z
- Flower Begining Sound Activity
- Traceable Alphabet Preschool Apple Activity
- Letter Crafts – we have a free printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Endangered Animals Find the Letter Worksheets
- Simple preschool alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- Animal Alphabet Worksheets – dab the letter and trace the uppercase and lower case letters
- Printable Letter Mazes
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
Plus don’t miss our MANY preschool worksheets, fun alphabet printables, hands-on preschool math, clever ideas to learn colors, complete preschool themes, lots of playdoh mats, cute preschool crafts, and fantastic preschool books on our Preschool Play and Learn website.
Insects for preschoolers
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use only (to share please direct others to this post to grab their own set!)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!