Impress your kids with this pretty rainbow science experiment that is not only educational, but really fun too. This st patricks day science is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students. As it only requires a couple simple materials, you can try this st patricks day activity when you only have 5 minutes for a quick st patricks day activity for preschoolers!
St Patricks Day Science
Make the most of this Saint Patricks Day by adidng in a fun St Patricks Day Science to your st patricks day theme! This Rainbow Science experiment is fun for toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students. This simply acitivyt is sure to be a hit this March!
Rainbow Science Experiment
This fun project gives a fun WOW effect to help get young kids excited about science. But its important to help them understand what happended so they will be ready to ask intilligent questions and keep being curious. Basically. in this Rainbow Science Experiment, when you add warm water to the Skittles, the sugar and food coloring start to dissolve. As the colors dissolve they start to move to areas with lower sugar concentration. Since all the colors dissolve at the same pace it makes pretty lines towards the center.
Skittle Science Experiment
All youneed are a few simple materials to try this skittles candy science.
- bag of skittles
- warm water
- clover cookie cuter (optional)
St Patricks Day Science Experiment
Put skittles on a white plate or platter in the largest circle possible around the plate, but still making sure they are touching with no gaps between skittles. There are two basic choices:
- form a pattern – purple, blue, green, yellow, orange, red REPEAT. This is a great way to help young learners practice forming patterns!
- color block – make a large section all blue then make another large section green, etc. until you’ve used all the colors to form a cricle.
St Patricks Day Activity
To add a fun st patricks day twist to this project, we made a three leaf lucky clover in the middle out of green skittles. This is optional, but great for adding to your st patricks day theme! You can do this free hand or put the skittles in a cookie cutter.
St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
Pour very hot water SLOWLY around the edges of the candy. The color will spread towards the middle as it dissolves and looks for an area with a lower sugar concentration. This is so easy and PRETTY!
Skittles Candy Science
This is such a fun, easy science project for March!
Free St Patrick’s Day Printables
Looking for more fun, free saint patricks day printable ideas and activities for March? You will love these free resources for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten age students.:
- Hands-ton St Patrick’s Day Counting Activity with free printable
- St patrick’s day for preschoolers Cute activity pages
- Work on pre-writing skills with these cute, Free St Patrick’s Day Printables Tracing Strips
- Color by Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Leprechaun Hat Letter Tracing St Patrick’s Day Printables
- Rainbow Alphabet Matching St Patrick’s Day Activities
- Use Fruit Loop cereal to make a rainbow with these St Patrick’s day Printables
- Count and Trace with this fun and free St patrick’s day preschool activities
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Worksheets to work on number recognition while revealing cute hidden mystery pictures
- Find the Letter St Patricks Day Worksheets
- Count to 20 Puzzles for March
- Counting to 20 Puzzles are a fun St Patrick’s Day Preschool Activities
- I Spy St Patricks Day Printables
- St Patricks Coloring Pages
- Printable St Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables Write The Room
- Clover Letter Find St Patrick’s Day Worksheets
- Clover Pattern Strips – FREE St Patrick’s Day Printables for Preschool
St patrick’s day printables
For elementary age students, check out these fun, hands-on printable activities for St Patricks Day.
- St Patricks Day for Kindergarten counting with ten frames
- Pot of Gold St Patrick Day Activities – working on sorting beginning letter sounds coins by the correct pot of gold letter
- St Patricks Day Math Craft
- St Patrick’s Day Color by Number Hundreds Chart
- Addition St Patrick’s Day Worksheets – add and dab the lucky clover with a cute Leprechaun
- Learn about Ireland for Kids with these free printable books or these Ireland Coloring Pages to read, color, and learn!
- Work on Addition within 20 with this Craft kids will make from St Patricks Day Math Worksheets
- Free st patrick day printables Addition BINGO makes practicing math FUN – print in color or black and white!
- Pot of Gold Addition Game
- Pot of Gold Math St Patricks Day Activity
- Rainbow Read, Rhyme and Dab St Patricks Day Activity
- Work on early literacy skills with this Rhyming Rainbows St Patricks Day for Kindergarten
- March Writing Prompts Calendar
- Work on reading comprehension with these St Patricks Day Worksheets
St Patrick’s Day Activities
Looking for some cute St patricks day crafts or clever st patricks day activities, don’t miss these fun ideas:
- Super FUN Leprechaun Rocks Science Experiment
- Pot of Gold Craft with fun name recognition activity
- St Patricks Day Slime Activity for Kids
- Color by Number Leprechaun Hat Template Free
- Rainbow Handprint St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- St Patricks Day Science – Skittle Science Activity
- 30+ Creative St Patrick’s Day Craft for Kids
- Over 40 EPIC St Patricks Day Activities
- Over the Rainbow St Patricks Day Handprint Craft
- 7 Cute Handprint St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Preschoolers
- Color Hunt St Patricks Day Ideas for Toddlers
- Lucky Clover St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Stamping Clovers St Patricks Day Shamrock Craft
- Rainbow Easy St Patrick’s Day Crafts
- Super Cute Hanging Rainbow St Patrick’s Day Crafts for Toddlers
- Whip up a batch of this lovely green contact solution slime
- Leprechaun SLIME – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Mr Lucky Shamrock Craft for St Patricks Day
- Pot of Gold Glitter Slime – St Patricks Day Activity
- St Patricks Day Playdough Activity for Preschoolers
- Shamrock Craft – St Patricks Day Art Project for Kids with black glue
- Pick up some new favorite St patricks day books for kids
Rainbow Activities for Kids
Looking for more fun rainbow activity ideas? Check these out!
- How to Grow Rainbow Crystals EASILY at Home – Spring Science Activity
- Paper Plate Rainbow Craft for Preschoolers
- Yarn Wrapped Rainbow Craft for Kids
- Beautiful Rainbow Slime Activity for Kids
- Rainbow in a Jar Density Experiments
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- Delicious Rainbow Stem scienc with jelly beans
- Rainbow Handprint Craft
- Easy Tissue Paper Rainbow Craft for Spring
- Rainbow Toast makes a yummy snack!
- Super cute Rainbow Math with a DIY abacus activity
- Rainbow Painting with Cars Activity
- Free printable Rainbow Color Matching Game
- Craft Stick Rainbow Craft
- Rainbow Rhyming Activity for Kindergarten
- Rainbow Worksheets for kids
- Free Connect the Dot Rainbow Printable for Preschoolers
- Hands-on Rainbow Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Rainbow Playdough Shape Mat
- Lots of fun ideas in this Rainbow Preschool Theme
Or take a peak at this weeks worth of activities in our St Patrick’s Theme , this St Patrick’s Day theme Preschool, or all our ideas to celebrate with st patrick’s day activities for kids of all ages!
Check out these outrageously FUN spring science experiments for kids:
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Color Mixing Science – St Patricks Day Activity for Preschoolers
- Grow a Shamrock Activity – St Patricks Day Science for Kids
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- Egg Drop Challenge with marshmallows!
- You’ve got to try this Lego Balloon Car
- Make a popsicle stick catapult
- Colorful Polymer Chemistry Experiment
- MUST try capillary action experiment
- Lego DIY Zipline for your backyard
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way
- Pop Rocks Experiment kids will LOVE!