We absolutely love making crafts for holidays. It is so fun to use the crafts to decorate our school room and even our house. This Cracked Easter Egg and Chick Craft was so fun to make and looks so cute in our house. Make this simple easter crafts for kids with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten age children. There are so many fun variations to try in this preschool easter craft.
Preschool easter craft
Making crafts with kids is not just fun and creative, it’s beneficial for kids too. Crafts can help children strengthen skills in a laid back, engaging way. For instance with this craft, there are many shapes involved. Kids can identify the shapes as they cut and color them. We practiced how to hold a pencil (colored pencil), how to trace, using scissors and glue, and how to identify the different pieces and how they work together as well as where they go. This easter egg crafts for preschoolers, toddlers, and kindergartners is a fun way to get ready for Easter, for an Easter Theme, and an April craft for kids!
Easter egg crafts for preschoolers
For this fun Easter craft for kids, you’ll need a few simple craft supplies:
- Cardstock (We used grey and yellow)
- Orange Cardstock
- Colored Pencils
- 1 Brad connector
- Googly Eyes
Simple easter crafts for kids
We started by drawing the oval for the egg and the shape of the baby chick. These don’t have to be perfect, we just made it resemble what they actually are. After tracing, cut them out.
For the two parts of the egg, we just cut a zig zag a little off centered. Again, it does not have to be perfect. Cut a double triangle, then fold in half for the beak of the chick and glue it to the chick’s face. Also add the googly eyes.
We drew polka dots on the egg to add an extra Easter element, but any pattern would work. Stripes would also be super cute.
Easter craft for toddlers
Once you finish the pattern, it’s time to assemble the egg. Glue the bottom of the chick to the top backside of the bottom piece of the egg. Then using the brad, connect the left side of the two pieces of the egg shell together.
Now the Easter egg can move up and down as if it is cracking and there will be a surprise chick inside.
HOW CUTE, right?
Easter Arts and Crafts
- Water Resist Easter Egg Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Bunny Craft
- Easter Egg Wreath Printable Easter Crafts
- Easter Egg Craft Ideas for Kids
- Mason Jar Preschool Bunny Craft
- Super cute Religious Easter Crafts
- Must try, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Bunny Paper Bag Puppet Craft Idea
- Recycled Easter Basket craft for preschoolers
- 20 Jelly Bean Crafts and Activities
- Lots of Cute Easter Bunny Crafts for Kids
- Ink Pad Spring Craft for Preschoolers
- Make a family Easter Resurection Garden
- Plus check out all these clever Plastic Easter Egg Activities
- 100 Easter craft ideas for kids
Free Easter Printables
These fun activities use our free easter printables to save you on prep work!
- Neighborhood Printable Easter Scavenger Hunt
- Super cute Easter Color by Number Hat Craft
- Jelly Bean Printable Counting Mats – Easter Activity for Preschoolers
- Free Printable Bunny Ears Template to print in color or black and white
- Free Printable Easter Bingo
- Easter Printables Egg Color Sorting
- Learn Color Words with this Easter Printables Reader
- Simple Easter Printable Color Matching
- Counting Eggs Easter Playdough Mats
- Free Printable Easter Mazes
- Visual Discrimination Egg Activities for Preschoolers
- Peep Patterns Easter Worksheets Preschool
- Easter Printables Tracing and Coloring Pages
- Easter Color by Number Worksheets or try these Easter Color by Number Pages
- Bunny Letter Matching Easter Worksheet Preschool
- Count and Trace Jelly Bean Eggs Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Mats Easter Printables
- Free Jelly Bean Counting Worksheet
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Preschool Math Puzzle Easter Printables
- Easter Sight words Activity
Make learning fun by adding one of these engaging easter activity ideas to your Easter Theme
- Alphabet Easter Memory Game
- Color by Letter Easter Worksheets
- Phonics Easter Egg Printables
- Practice pattersn with this super cute Easter Activities for Preschoolers
- Alphabet Easter Matching Game
- Letter Tracing Free Easter Printables
- Count and Clip Easter Math Activity
- Alphabet Easter Egg Hunt
Easter Science Experiments
- Easy Floating Egg Experiment
- Amazing Egg in a Bottle Science Experiment
- Fun Egg Drop Project
- Beautiful Chromatography Flowers made with science!
- EASY Egg geode experiment for kids of all ages!
- Amazing Food Coloring Flower Experiment Worksheet where you can turn a flower into two seperate colors!
- Have you tried making butter experiment
- Colorful Jelly Bean Experiment exploring difusion and color matching with a simple activity for kids
- You’ve got to try this simple Color Changing Slime
- Simply Rainbow Density Experiment for springtime
- How Big is a Raindrop – try this raindrop experiment to find out!
- MUST try Beautiful capillary action experiment
- How to Make a Weather Vane the EASY way