Brrr. Winter is here and January is cold! But the snow and winter makes for fun winter themes in preschool! These super cute, free printable alphabet puzzles have a fun igloo theme for kids to work on matching upper and lowercase letters this chilly season. Preschool kids will love these winter themed alphabet puzzles! Looking for a fun way to reinforce and practice alphabet lower and uppercase matching skills? These puzzle cards will have kids identifying the letters and finding their identical match. The puzzles are very simple to print and prepare, perfect for independent practice and morning tubs.
Winter Printables for Preschoolers
Make practicing letter recognition fun with this winter acctivity for preschoolers! Match the uppercase and lower case letters of the igloo to make matches. This is such a fun, low prep alphabet activity for winter.
Winter Igloo Printables
- A4 paper
Print two sets of these puzzles and laminate them for durability. Print any set you wish according to the needs of your group of students. Cut out the puzzles and make sure each set is separated for easy play.
Printable Alphabet Puzzles
Use these puzzles to help kids develop letter identification skills and strengthen their letter knowledge. Kids need to master their letter sounds and identification as it is a critical component to prepare them for reading. Introduce the puzzle cards and show the kids how to find a puzzle card and look for its match. You could possibly have your pre-schoolers work on identical letter to letter matching skills and the kindergarten kids find the igloo puzzles around the room then match it to a beginning sound word. A great way to work on these puzzles is to create a competition where the kids have to find and match a certain number of puzzle cards to win the game. This game is simple enough for preschool kids aged 3 and over and well as for kindergarten kids!
This game can also be played as a group, It’ll be even more enjoyable to have the competition game played between groups. If it’s a group of kids working on a set of puzzles, you can either choose a number of letters to work on or the whole set. Have the kids write down the letters or puzzles they formed.
Snowman Activity for Preschool
- Easy Circle Sticker Snowman Craft
- Magic Melting Snowballs – Easy Winter Science Activities
- Plastic Cup Snowman Craft
- EASY Glue Snowman Crafts for Preschoolers
- YUM! How to Make Snow Ice Cream with just 2 ingredients!
- 100 Winter Crafts and Activities for Kids
- Making historic SNOW CANDY!
- Squirt Gun Snow Painting
- Snow Dough for Kids
- Amazingly EASY Puffy Snow Paint Recipe
- LOTS of Snowflake Crafts A to Z
- Super Cool Snow Volcano Science Experiment
- Melting Snowman Slime Recipe
- Cute Snow globe Craft for Kids
Looking for snowman worksheets and educational snowman activity ideas? You will love these resources!
- Build-a-Snowman Winter CVC Words Activity
- Snowman Addition Clip Cards
- Snowman Counting Cards
- Free Snowman Worksheet Pack with LOTS of pages
- Winter Counting Worksheets
- Free Winter Writing Prompts PDF
- Multiplication Snowman Activity
- Snowman Printables Winter letter Find
- Snowman Tracing Letters A to Z
- Snowflake Winter Compound Words
- Build a Snowman Sequencing Worksheets
- Snowman Printables Counting Book
- Winter Worksheets for Preschoolers
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Learn the days of the week for kids with these super cute, free days of the week printables
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
Download Winter Printables
By downloading from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to download their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!