Let’s learn about dinosaurs with a fun Dinosaur Theme! You and your kids will love these fun and engaging dinosaur activities, dinosaur math, dinosaur crafts, dino literacy and more to help toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first graders have fun while learning about these amazing prehistoric animals that roamed the earth long ago! These dinosaur preschool ideas are perfect for a weekly long preschool theme in your school or at home!
Young children are naturally curious about dinosaurs! Whether it is the terrifying t-rex, the long necked brachiosaurus, the funny looking triceratops or the flying pteranadon – dinosaurs are super cool! I’m not sure if toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students are so curious about these extinct animals because they cannot see them in person, their gargantuam size, or how different they look from modern day animals. But no matter the reason they are always eager to do dinosaur ANYTHING! So use this dinosaur preschool ideas to sneak in some extra practice into your week with a fun theme that will keep kids engaged, having fun, and eager to learn!
Use these dinosaur learning activities at home or in your classroom. Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you are sure to find some dinosaur ideas that will fit your learing space!
Make one of these super cute dinosaur crafts for kids using cardbaord roles, dinosaur hand art, colorful textrued dinosaurs, or a cute dino puppet!
- Make paper plate dinosaurs from I heart crafty things
- D is for Dinosaur Unit
- Grandparents will love these dinosaur handprint cards from The Joy of Sharing
- Craft toilet roll dinosaurs from The Craft Train
- Try a paper pterodactyl puppet source
- Create a dinosaur world in a suitcase source
- Craft a paper mache dino bank from REd TEd Art
- Make easy salt dough dinosaur fossils from Rainy Day Mum
- Your kids will love these craft stick dinosaur puppets from My bored Toddler
Dinosaur Math Activities
Sneak in some dino math with these fun, engaging dinosaur themed math activities for kids! From dinosaur couting to addition, and more – we’ve got lots of free dinosaur math worksheets and dinosaur math printables to choose from:
- Do dinosaur addition with ten-frame
- DInosaur Number Recognition Games
- Dinosaur Color by Number Worksheets
- Play a dinosaur and volcano counting game from Powerful Mothering
- Roll and graph dinosaur shapes from source
- Teach number recognition with a dinosaur counting game from Darcy and Brian
- Make a dinosaur counting folding book from Simpe FUn for Kids
- Enjoy some kindergarten math worksheets from Living LIfe and Learning
- Download addition and subtraction dinosaur mats from 3 Dinosaurs
- Your kids will love these counting dinosaur mats source
- Dinosaur Math – Number Recognition Game
- Grab these dinosaur ten frame addition cards source
- Don’t forget to snag this clothespin dinosaur counting math printable from School time Snippets
- Explore numbers with dinosaur 1-20 frames source
- Make a dinosaur math printable busy bag for your kids source
- Complete dinosaur math worksheets
Dino Literacy activities
Practice learning your letters, disght words and more with these dinosaur literacy activities for early learners:
- Work on letter recognition with these dinosaur themed FInd the Letter Worksheet pages
- Practice writing with a dinosaur handwriting practice page from your therapy source
- Learn the alphabet with a dinosaur ABC Find and Trace center from 3 Dinosaurs
- Check out these worksheets for preschool dinosaur cutting practice from Three Boys and a Dog
- Here’s a dinosaur printable to practice the alphabet from Nurture Store
- Don’t miss this fun beginning sound fossil match activity from Growing BOok by Book
- Play a dinosaur sight word game source
- Solve dinosaur CVC reading puzzles from A Dab of Glue will DO
- Develop pre-writing skills with this fabulous dinosaur printable from Powerful Mothering
- Explore color words with a dinosaur emergent reader from Fun a Day
- Hands-on Dinosaur Sight Words Activity
Dinosaur activities for preschool
- Build a dino STEM activity from J4 Daniels Mom
- Make dinosaur fossils in play dough from THe Chaos and the Clutter
- Try a gross motor dinosaur action cube source
- Enjoy tape resist dinosaur bone art from Pink Stripey Socks
- Try out a balancing dinosaur stem activity from Rainy Day Mum
- Create dinosaurs with a shape dinosaur felt busy box from TEach Me Mommy
- Make play dough dinosaur eggs from Little FIsh Blog
- Create a dinosaur habitat box soruce
- Hunt for dinosaurs with paint from Powerful Mothering
- Make a tasty and fun dinosaur dig from Team Cartright
- Put together some frozen dinosaur eggs from Natural Beach Living
- Try fizzy egg exploratory play from Simple Everyday Mom
- Enjoy dinosaur science eruptions play
- Free Dinosaur Printables – huge pack of dinosaur themed learning activities for pre-k, toddler, and kindergarten age children
- Printable Dinosaur Board Game from The Natural Homeschool
- Dinosaur Jokes from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Cute Dinosaur Matching Puzzle from Powerful Mothering
- Dinosaur Puzzles from Your Therapy Source
- Free Dinosaur Coloring Pages for Kids and Adults from Kiddy Charts
- Dinosaur Coloring Pages from Real Life at Home
- Explore Coding Algorithms on a Dinosaur Coloring Sheet from J4 Daniels Mom
- Dinosaur Worksheets to practice a favoriety of skills with toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners
Books to Read
Use one of these two options for using books in your Dinosaur theme: Read a different book each day of the week, Monday through Friday. Or read your favorite book each of the week. Don’t worry about boring your kids as they love repetition so don’t worry about boring them!
Pick one or all of these 5 excellent books to read with your preschoolers:
Preschool Theme Ideas
Looking for more preschool themes? You will love our ever growing themes complete with themed crafts, activities, math, literacy, and more ideas!
- Back to School Theme Preschool perfect for the first week of school
- Animal Theme for Preschoolers filled with fun Preschool Animal Activities
- Robot Preschool Theme with lots of Robot Activities for Preschoolers
- Colorful Rainbow Theme Preschool
- Get ready for a hoppin good time with this Frog Theme Preschool
- Easter Preschool Theme perfect for celebrating Easter in the spring
- Fun Pumpkin Theme Preschool for October
- Spring is here and it’s time to celebrate with a fun Picnic Theme Preschool
- Lots of fun Earth Day Activities for Preschoolers with this Earth Day Theme!
- Summer watermelon theme filled with watermelon activities for preschoolers
- Spring Theme perfect for pre-k and kindergarten age students
- Dinosaur Preschool Theme filled with HUGE fun for little learners
- Bug Theme filled with fun insect activities for preschoolers
- See all of our preschool themes!
- Cute Alphabet Coloring Pages helps build vocabulary and work on beginning sounds and phonemic awareness
- Printable Alphabet Letter for Crafts – we have a printable letter craft for every letter of the alphabet A to Z
- Letter Recognition Worksheets – find and dab the upper and lowercase letters in these super cute ABC printables!
- Simple free alphabet worksheets to color and trace letters
- How cute are these letter find pumpkin worksheets for preschool
- Practice uppercase letter tracing with these super cute animal alphabet cards A-Z
- See all of our FREE ABC Printables here!
- Work on preschool colors with these free color worksheets
- Preschool Math is fun with one of our hands-on activities and free printables!
- Learn your shapes with these fun Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Make one of our adorable printable hat crafts like this popular turkey hat printable
- Apple Worksheets Preschool help kids practice a variety of math and literacy skills with this September theme
- Practice a variety of skills with these super cute, FREE Construction Worksheets
- Work on shape recognition with these Road Shapes mats
- These Free Printable Animal Masks Templates are so much fun! Which animal will you choose?
- Learn by topic with one of our fun, free preschool themes!
- See all of our preschool worksheets here including math, alphabet, printable crafts, playdough mats, and more!
- Celebrate the letter of the week with these adorable, Free Alphabet Hats
- We have lots of themed worksheets like these super cute Frozen preschool worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Preschool is a fun way to work on letter recognition while strengthening hand muscles
- Color, Read and Learn your letters with this printable alphabet book pdf for each letter A to Z
- Make science FUN for kids of all ages with over 100 Food Experiments to try
- Tons of Bingo Dauber Printables to use with bingo marker, do a dot markers, or circle stickers
- Shaped Alphabet Coloring Pages
- Free Playdough Mats to work on shapes, numbers, colors, alphabet letters, and more!
- Learn about other countries around the world with our free country coloring pages
- Super cute Transportation Playdough Mats are great for building hand muscles while having fun! Plus don’t miss all our free printable playdough mats for preschoolers
- Plus check out our huge list of recommended Books for Preschoolers by topic