FREE Printable Using Shapes to Make Pictures Worksheets
Kids will have fun using this free printable shapes to create pictures and practice writing too! This fun shapes activitiy is perfect for toddler, preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade students to not only learn shapes, but learn how shapes are in everyday objects around us and how to use their creativity to see something out of shapes. This math activity for preschoolers is such a fun way to learn and explore with kids. Simply print pdf file with shapes printable and you are ready to go!
Using shapes to make pictures worksheets
Learning shapes is an important part of early math for toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarteners. It is a basic skill that turns into a much more complex skill as children get older and math gets more challenging. That being said, learning shapes does not need to be boring or basic. It can be an exploration of creativity. It can include art, writing and more! This fun shape activity for preschoolers is a grea tway to not only learn about basic shapes like square, rectangle, star, triangle, adn more, but also a chance to create some creative artwork and work on expressing themselves writing too!
Make a picture with shapes printable
Printable pictures of shapes
This free printable is a fun way to help children explore shapes, writing, creativity, and art. Worksheets includde printable shapes with two pages full of different shapes. Included are square, rectangle, star, circle, and triangle. These are the most basic shapes but what can be done with them is anything but basic.
Making pictures with shapes worksheet
This set will allow children to create an image of their choosing. This can be done with as many shapes as they would like, placing them together to create an image that they would like. This could be a house, robot, castle, train, or whatever their mind decides.
After they choose the shapes to create the object, they can color the shapes to make the object look even more life like. You could even suggest that the child create and color a background as well.
Shape Activities for Preschoolers
We’ve included two different options here: writing and not writing. For young children who aren’t ready to write, there is a blank sheet that is solely for the children to create their image. The other option is for children who are ready for more of a challenge. They can create the image, draw the background and then write a short story to go along with it.
This is a great activity for helping children strengthen shape skills in an exciting way but also literacy, creativity, art and so much more.
Looking for more fun ways to help kids learn about shapes? You will love these free shape printables:
- Preschool Shapes Worksheets
- Teaching Shapes to Preschoolers with Pirate Printable Reader
- Monster Preschool Shapes Playdough mats
- Chocolate Shape Mats
- Free Printable Shape Flashcards
- Build a Snowman – Free Printable Shape Puzzles
- Popsicle Shape Sorting Mats
- Pumpkin Shape Matching
- Penguin Shape Sorting Activity
- Trace & Erase Shape Activities for Preschoolers
- Pumpkin Shape Mats
- Leaf Shapes for Kids
- Trace the Shape
Shape pictures preschool
- Shape Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Shapes Worksheets
- Cut and Paste Shapes Printable
- Shape Constellation Flashlight Printable
- Free Shape Puzzles Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Free Printable Road Shapes
- Free Shape Bingo Game
- Shape Playdough Mats
- Free Shape Games
- Flower Shape Mats
- Ice Cream Shape Mats
- Flower Shape Math Craft
- Carrot Shape Mats
Using shapes to create pictures
By using resources from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!