Roll & Smash Pre-k Math Playdough Subtraction Activities
Preschoolers will be excited to work on pre-k math game that uses play dough! This playdough activity for preschoolers uses a fun subtraction activity with a fun, hands-on smash for learning how to subtract numbers from 10. This pre-k math activity is not only fun for preschool, but kindergarten age students too. Simply print pdf file with playdough mat and you are ready for a fun subtraction game.
We love ideas for making learning fun! Preschoolers and kindergartner learn best with they are engaged and eager participants. So when we were looking for subtraction activities to make teaching subtraction fun we knew we had to make a playdough smash printable! This pre-k math activity is such a fun way for children to participate in the subtraction part of the math part of this playdough activities. Children will strengthen fine motor skills rolling playdough balls, gain explosure using a 10 frame, have fun smashing the number they roll, and start to learn about the different parts of a math equations and what they mean.
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler you will love using this subtraction activities for kindergarten and pre-k kiddos. Use the playdough activities for preschool at home, math center in the classroom, summer learning, and more!
Pre-k Math Activity
Pre-k Math Games
Print off the Roll and Smash Subtraction. There are several choices to choose from including blackline versions to save on you on ink, cute colorful roll & smash subtraction strips with boxes only, and subtraction playdough mats with not only hands-on smash boxes but areas for children to write the difference.
You will also need:
- playdough (any color)
- markers or dry erase markers if you laminate the strips to make them reusable
Playdough Activities for Preschool
The first option includes both color and blackline versions of the simple activity. Children will roll one dice, add the number of balls rolled. Now roll the dice again and smash to subtract as many balls as you have (without going negative). As them to tell you the subtraction sentence.
We have 4 red playdough balls, we squash to subtract 2 balls and we have 2 balls left.
For the other option I suggest laminating the strips before cutting them awart and using a dry erase marker to make them reusable. You will need each of the strips for subtracting from 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. Make a ball for each of the spaces indicated.
There are 2 ways to play:
- Roll the dice and smash the number of balls indicated. Count the number of balls left and complete the equation below the chart. Re-roll the balls, roll the dice, and repeat. Continue playing the subtraction game until you have completed all the equations.
- Alternatively, simply start by smashing one and complete the subtraction equation. Now smash another ball and complete that equation. Continue until there are no playdough balls left.
Subtraction Activities for Kindergarten
No matter which option fits your child and setting the best, this subtraction activity for kids is sure to keep your early learners engaged and eager to practice.
This is such a fun way to teach subtraction to kids.
Preschool Math Activities
You may also enjoy these other great activities:
- Practice forming shapes with these FUN Road Shape Mats
- Addition Clouds Spring Math Activities for Preschoolers
- Pirate Number Tracing Worksheets PDF
- Sandcastle Count & Trace Summer Theme Preschool
- Dino Big and Small Sorting Activities for Preschooler
- Roll & Smash Playdough Pre-k Math Activity
- Ice Cream Math Preschool Task Cards
- Fun, free printable Goldfish Counting Activity
- Hopping Numbers, Pirate Printables, Vegetable Cards
- Preschool Zoo Printables to play and learn with animal COOKIES
- Counting Activity for your Watermelon Theme
- Farm Animals Worksheets Trace the Numbers
- Super clever Spider Counting Activity
- Free Printable Dump Truck Counting Mat
- Zoo Animals Color by Number WOrksheets
- Number COloring Pages
- Pirate I Spy Worksheets
- Days of the Week Worksheets
- Play and Learn with this Free Shape BINGO Printable
- Shape Do a Dot Printables
- Counting Book Insect Printables for Preschoolers
- Super cute and FREE Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Free Printable Traceable Calendars (updated annually)
- Super Cute Playdough Number Mats
- Handy and super cute, Free Pattern Worksheets
Free Playdough Mats
Looking for more fun, free printable playdough mats? You will love these:
- Interactive Alphabet Playodugh Mats with finish the picture
- Simple Alphabet Playdough Mats with tracing lines
- Gumball Number Playdough Mats
- Smash Playdough Mat for Teaching Subtraction to Kindergarteners
- Fun Transportation Playdough mats (train, bus, rocket, airplane, boat, and more!)
- Free Shape Playdough Mats
- Preschool Shape Worksheets with playdoh
- Finish the scene Playdough Number Mats (featured above)
- Build a Playdough Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool
- Pet Animal Playdough mats (bird, turtle, fish, bunny, cat, lizzard, dog, snake, etc.)
- Free Printable Emotion Playdough mats
- Thanksgiving Playdough Mats featuring yummy thanksgiving favorite foods!
- Playdough Musical Activities for Kids
- Free Playdough Letter Mats
- Fall Playdough Mats (build a sunflower, leaf, acron, pumpkin, rake, hay, etc)
- Count to 10 Apple Playdough Mats
- FREE Ice Cream Pattern Printable
- Spider Math Activities for Preschoolers withPlay dogh
- Roll & Smash Pre-k Math Playdough Subtraction Activities
- Free Printable Human Body Playdough Mats
- Telling Time Activity with Playdough
- Grilling on a Ten Frame Summer Printable Playdough Mats
- Watermelon Seed Counting Playdough Mats
- Monster Shape Playdough Mats
- Uppercase Letter Tracing with playdough
- Birthday Cake Activity for Preschool Counting candles Playdough mats
- Sandcastle Activity Playdough Mat
- Over 100 Playdough Mats to print and play (plus more free printable playdough mats on our sister site)
Playdough Activities for Kids
Looking for some amazing playdough recipes to try? Check out these easy play doh recipes!
- Color Changing Playdough
- Kool Aid Playdough
- Incredible, Edible Ice Cream Play doh
- Quick, Edible Peeps Playdough
- Hot Chocolate playdough
- Easy 2 Ingredient Play Dough Recipe
- Simple Candy Corn Playdough – play and EAT!
- Super Soft Conditioner Playdough
Free Printable Playdough Mat
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal and personal classroom use (to share this resource, please direct others to this post to grab their own free copy)
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!